Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 1 & 2 Commentary - June Mock **

This exactly where Ray shut us down last year. Let's hope he checks in.

Less flirting, more picking...

Fair enough. It was really only half a season but it was still something. So DJ has shown what he can do and we've seen that the ARI coaching staff has full confidence in him as a 3-down back. We all agree Zeke has the potential, but we haven't seen it yet AND no one knows how the DAL coaching will work their RBs in. They've been pretty stead fast that they won't trade any of their RBs so there's certain concern on PT for Zeke. I don't have those concerns about DJ.

Not sure why I'm opposed to DJ. And I might have taken freeman or maybe even charles over johnson or zeke if I was picking in that 8-10 range..I think the biggest thing with johnson is that the bulk of his production came in 5 games to end the season with a random 2 touchdown game earlier in the year off like 3 carries... he also had 1 MONSTER game against philly. Ellington is still on the team. I think Johnson is the guy but I'm not sure his track record makes him that much safer a pick than Elliot even with Elliot being a complete NFL unknknown.

I might be crazy to take charles over those guys but Bell goes 3rd and is coming off a devastating knee injury himself with less recovery time. I know charles is older.. perhaps I'd like to hear some opinions on h lasting until the mid-late 2nd

Not sure why I'm opposed to DJ. And I might have taken freeman or maybe even charles over johnson or zeke if I was picking in that 8-10 range..I think the biggest thing with johnson is that the bulk of his production came in 5 games to end the season with a random 2 touchdown game earlier in the year off like 3 carries... he also had 1 MONSTER game against philly. Ellington is still on the team. I think Johnson is the guy but I'm not sure his track record makes him that much safer a pick than Elliot even with Elliot being a complete NFL unknknown.

I might be crazy to take charles over those guys but Bell goes 3rd and is coming off a devastating knee injury himself with less recovery time. I know charles is older.. perhaps I'd like to hear some opinions on h lasting until the mid-late 2nd

In ppr leagues I have David Johnson as the top back. His production came late because they were bringing him along slowly. He shined when given oppurtunities and after CJ went down he started a new book.

1.01- Ray Lewis' Limo Driver- WR Antonio Brown, Pit.

1.02- Remote Controller- RB Todd Gurley, LA

1.03- Fumbleweed- RB Le'Veon Bell, Pit.

1.04- WhiteWonder- RB Adrian Peterson, Min.

1.05- shovelheadt- WR DeAndre Hopkins, Hou.

1.06- RicemanX- WR Odell Beckham, Jr., NYG

1.07- Matt's Eagles- WR Julio Jones, Atl.

1.08- JScott - RB David Johnson, Ari.

1.09- Vikings4ever- TE Rob Gronkowski, NE

1.10- robb- RB Ezekiel Elliott, Dal.

1.11- Dan- RB Lamar Miller, Hou.

1.12- ICEMAN- WR Dez Bryant, Dal.

Favorite picks

-David Johnson at 8 was my favorite pick. Landing Bell at the 3 spot was also very good.

Least Favorite

-Hopkins with a new qb at 5 was my least favorite pick, but he was a beast last year with no QB, so he will likely do fine. Antonio with the first pick, in this format, was my only concern. (Fumble scored) Gronk is gonna go in every draft in the first round. I just have no idea how to do it. V4E will assemble a good team.

Sneaky good

-Dan's selection of an under utilized Lamar Smith on a Houston squad needing a running game. I love Lamar on the first corner.

My Pick

- I have Gurley as the #1 Rb in this format. I projected 1,700 combined yards and 14 touchdowns.

Very good first round.

In ppr leagues I have David Johnson as the top back. His production came late because they were bringing him along slowly. He shined when given oppurtunities and after CJ went down he started a new book.

If we are assuming Bell is the sane guy come week 1, which bis draft spot tells me we do, I think he is the top back in PPR.

I don't dislike johnson as a first round pick or anything but I see how it could be a toss up if you believe Elliot gets the Lions share.

I must add, after my last two posts...........I graduated from UNI, and that just happens to be where David went to college. :thumbsup: So there might be some bias. ​

If we are assuming Bell is the sane guy come week 1, which bis draft spot tells me we do, I think he is the top back in PPR.

I don't dislike johnson as a first round pick or anything but I see how it could be a toss up if you believe Elliot gets the Lions share.

His injury concerns, 3 in 3 years, drop him below Johnson, and that's just a gut. Johnson is one of the best receiving running backs ever produced.

His injury concerns, 3 in 3 years, drop him below Johnson, and that's just a gut. Johnson is one of the best receiving running backs ever produced.

But you were saying fumble got a steal with bell at 3 rght? (I agree). We've seen bell be a ppr monster and the steelers have suffered some pass game injuries. I don't see how johnson leap frogs him in ppr. I can see him leap peterson and maybe Gurley if we are assuming his 5 games as the workhorse will be the norm (even though he really had one amazing game)

But you were saying fumble got a steal with bell at 3 rght? (I agree). We've seen bell be a ppr monster and the steelers have suffered some pass game injuries. I don't see how johnson leap frogs him in ppr. I can see him leap peterson and maybe Gurley if we are assuming his 5 games as the workhorse will be the norm (even though he really had one amazing game)

Injury concerns.....for me

Injury concerns.....for me

I hear that and appreciate the back and forth. Like I mentioned before this is the aspect of this mock I love the most. Some of the best prep I get for my other leagues

I must add, after my last two posts...........I graduated from UNI, and that just happens to be where David went to college. :thumbsup: So there might be some bias. ​

this

I admit, is a factor.

Charles' 2nd ACL in a few yeara, at his age, with a decent squad of RBBCs behind him has me staying away this season at his current ADP.

Charles' 2nd ACL in a few yeara, at his age, with a decent squad of RBBCs behind him has me staying away this season at his current ADP.

if he had a first round adp maybe but mid to late 2nd, i think the possibility of a dynamic guy like that at RB is too good to pass up if you went WR in round 1. its all definitely a concern at his age with the 2nd acl but ...

ill have to jump all over him when he slides to the 7th in the IBL :P

1.01- Ray Lewis' Limo Driver- WR Antonio Brown, Pit.

1.02- Remote Controller- RB Todd Gurley, LA

1.03- Fumbleweed- RB Le'Veon Bell, Pit.

1.04- WhiteWonder- RB Adrian Peterson, Min.

1.05- shovelheadt- WR DeAndre Hopkins, Hou.

1.06- RicemanX- WR Odell Beckham, Jr., NYG

1.07- Matt's Eagles- WR Julio Jones, Atl.

1.08- JScott - RB David Johnson, Ari.

1.09- Vikings4ever- TE Rob Gronkowski, NE

1.10- robb- RB Ezekiel Elliott, Dal.

1.11- Dan- RB Lamar Miller, Hou.

1.12- ICEMAN- WR Dez Bryant, Dal.

Favorite picks

-David Johnson at 8 was my favorite pick. Landing Bell at the 3 spot was also very good.

Least Favorite

-Hopkins with a new qb at 5 was my least favorite pick, but he was a beast last year with no QB, so he will likely do fine. Antonio with the first pick, in this format, was my only concern. (Fumble scored) Gronk is gonna go in every draft in the first round. I just have no idea how to do it. V4E will assemble a good team.

Sneaky good

-Dan's selection of an under utilized Lamar Smith on a Houston squad needing a running game. I love Lamar on the first corner.

My Pick

- I have Gurley as the #1 Rb in this format. I projected 1,700 combined yards and 14 touchdowns.

Very good first round.

RC: Thank you for this thoughtful analysis. It is great reading. This is why we learn so GD much from this draft in June!

My simple "take":

"Best Value": J.Jones at 1.07

"Least favorite pick": Bryant at 1.12. I just don't believe he will be healthy enough all season to justify a first round pick.

"Guy I am always glad I didn't have to consider drafting": Gronkowski at 1.09. I know he is like a WR1, but I can never "recover" from

drafting a TE in the first 4 rounds.

"Owner who didn't draft a QB #1 like he did last year": JScott (A. Luck-how did that work for ya?)

I had Keenan and Amari on my board. I'm happy to land Amari and feel he and the Young QB are gonna grow even more this year together.

I like Cooper a lot. Think he'll take another step forward this year to enter into the "stud" WR conversation for 2017.

We're cruzing now!

Ray Ray doesn't mock at night.

"Owner who didn't draft a QB #1 like he did last year": JScott (A. Luck-how did that work for ya?)

I know you're just bustin balls, but I still liked the strategy last year based on my projections. Just can't predict injuries.

Sitting in a waiting room, so have some time to get some thoughts out...

After starting off WR, I think RLLD has some options that will work out nicely at this turn.

Two owners went WR/WR, 9 went receiver/RB and 1 (me) went RB/RB. This was surprising. In this format I expected a few to go RB/RB and that wasn't including me. Without PPR it limits the viable RB crop. Add in the NFL trend away from 3-down backs and later round RBs are even thinner.

Sitting in a waiting room, so have some time to get some thoughts out...

After starting off WR, I think RLLD has some options that will work out nicely at this turn.

Agreed. The Ravens D/ST definitely rounds out his team here...

• Like 2

Agreed. The Ravens D/ST definitely rounds out his team here...

:ManningFace:

Martin at the end of the 2nd was nice.

I more or less feel the same, threw my comments on them in the rounds 3 and 4 thread....

I know you're just bustin balls, but I still liked the strategy last year based on my projections. Just can't predict injuries.

Yes I was Jeff. I too took Luck last year in the first round of one of my major money leagues, somewhat based on the logic you used in the 2015 June Mock. So, I am just as guilty!

• Like 1

I'd have to say regarding luck, I saw that happen a lot last year and did not think he was worth a first rounder. Not because I was expecting a clunker of a season but because I didn't expect he'd be the top qb without a doubt and the position is just too deep to use a first on it.

A bit of an exaggeration on my part here but it felt akin to reaching for the perceived top kicker in the 10th