Sign in to follow this  
BufordT

Nike is Bowing Out of the Golf Equipment Business

Around thanksgiving i woke up with a horribly stiff neck and shoulder pain shooting down my arm ending in finger numbness. Told I had a bulging disk in my neck and a pinched nerve. Been getting treatment, cortizone shot, and doing PT, tricep has atrophied horribly. 10 weeks until golf season. I will be irate if i have to play grandpa golf with a dead hand...

Around thanksgiving i woke up with a horribly stiff neck and shoulder pain shooting down my arm ending in finger numbness. Told I had a bulging disk in my neck and a pinched nerve. Been getting treatment, cortizone shot, and doing PT, tricep has atrophied horribly. 10 weeks until golf season. I will be irate if i have to play grandpa golf with a dead hand...

Damn that sucks man - hope you heal up fast... And double damn having a golf season that doesn't start until April - we were playing in shorts this past weekend.

Damn that sucks man - hope you heal up fast... And double damn having a golf season that doesn't start until April - we were playing in shorts this past weekend.

We were unsure what to do this past weekend...We could play Saturday, 60 degrees and sunny....Or play Sunday, 67 degrees but a slight chance of a a few clouds.....Had different guys pushing for different choices, my weekend schedule on hold until we figured it out, etc..... If you think about it, must be nice to be Dank and not have to stress about these type things.

Thanks. I live ~40 miles south of Edjr, so in our parts winter golf is fairly scarce. I joined a club last year that is on its last legs and was offering really cheap dues and no initiation... it was bought by a developer in the fall who was mainly interested in developing housing around the course, but the company was amateur and get shut down by town council vote (you never go to a town council vote without knowing the outcome ahead of time, its like Developing 101). So i figure this may be the last year before the place folds. Its a great little course, outside of a few Judge Smails who have been there forever the membership is pretty relaxed and not too snooty...

Last year the winter was so mild we were playing in March/April, and the way this winter has gone im hopeful for the same. I'm going to need all the time i can get. Its my dominant arm that is effected, so my backswing from 3/4 back to the top i have nothing since my tricep is FUBAR. If things don't improve i'll need a set of graphite shafted grandpa hybrids, and just hit punch shots. Won't be able to carry my bag. I bought a Clicgear push cart years back that is awesome. But the club is so cheap you aren't allowed to bring your own and have to rent their crappy old bag boy pull carts or rent a cart, but i like walking.

We were unsure what to do this past weekend...We could play Saturday, 60 degrees and sunny....Or play Sunday, 67 degrees but a slight chance of a a few clouds.....Had different guys pushing for different choices, my weekend schedule on hold until we figured it out, etc..... If you think about it, must be nice to be Dank and not have to stress about these type things.

When you have a wife and two kids, golf is all stress... thankfully drinking is involved.

yikes, i feel you pain. I had a pinched ulnar nerve a few years back. really sucked to play golf with an ultimately had to shut it down and let it heal. The muscle in my left hand between thumb and index finger had terrible atrophy.

i basically just woke up one morning with pin and needles on the left side of my left hand (little and ring finger), assumed i slept wrong and it would go away. Never went away. Went to a neuro and had an EMG. Nerve was pinched in my elbow.

yikes, i feel you pain. I had a pinched ulnar nerve a few years back. really sucked to play golf with an ultimately had to shut it down and let it heal. The muscle in my left hand between thumb and index finger had terrible atrophy.

i basically just woke up one morning with pin and needles on the left side of my left hand (little and ring finger), assumed i slept wrong and it would go away. Never went away. Went to a neuro and had an EMG. Nerve was pinched in my elbow.

Yep pretty much exact same deal, woke up randomly thinking I slept on it wrong. Hand then went numb and hasn't gone away since mid November. I'm in my mid 30's, shouldn't be dealing with old man problems

I've had Tennis Elbow twice - that took about 4 weeks to subside... But once I was simply wringing out a mop in a mop bucket and bam - my whole lower left side felt like a lightening bolt hit it. Apparently it was my Sciatic nerve - that biitch had me out for 3 months, and it hurt.

Looks like the weather geeks got it right. We are in an El Nina weather pattern and it has indeed made this winter here very mild, almost warm. After hitting 80 y-day, looks like middle 60's and pleasant this weekend.. Sorry Dank - I will get a few swings in for you.

I've had Tennis Elbow twice - that took about 4 weeks to subside... But once I was simply wringing out a mop in a mop bucket and bam - my whole lower left side felt like a lightening bolt hit it. Apparently it was my Sciatic nerve - that biitch had me out for 3 months, and it hurt.

Looks like the weather geeks got it right. We are in an El Nina weather pattern and it has indeed made this winter here very mild, almost warm. After hitting 80 y-day, looks like middle 60's and pleasant this weekend.. Sorry Dank - I will get a few swings in for you.

:cheers:

Yep pretty much exact same deal, woke up randomly thinking I slept on it wrong. Hand then went numb and hasn't gone away since mid November. I'm in my mid 30's, shouldn't be dealing with old man problems

I was 24 :D

golf will only exacerbate the problem ..kiss your season goodbye :(

I've had 3 surgeries for same reason..different disks. Good luck.

golf will only exacerbate the problem ..kiss your season goodbye :(

I've had 3 surgeries for same reason..different disks. Good luck.

Dr told me surgery is a last option I have no interest in. Said while it fixes that disk it tends to transfer the problem to the disk above or below.

Boom shakalaka.

Par 72, Hidden Creek in Burleson, TX. 25+ mph winds all day.

I struggled early with my suicide miss, the hooks...I grinded to a +4 start through 6 holes......At that point I decided I needed to hit reset and start swinging aggressively. My mental trigger was to let the wrists hinge on the backswing more, then simply to blast it. #7 is the number 1 handicap hole on the course with a demanding drive. I blasted it about 280 straight as an arrow, and we were off.

Played the rest of the day at +1 including 3 birdies.... 39-38 for a +5 total of 77 in a batshiit crazy wind.

I think we can all agree this is in Cruzer's face.

Boom shakalaka.

Par 72, Hidden Creek in Burleson, TX. 25+ mph winds all day.

I struggled early with my suicide miss, the hooks...I grinded to a +4 start through 6 holes......At that point I decided I needed to hit reset and start swinging aggressively. My mental trigger was to let the wrists hinge on the backswing more, then simply to blast it. #7 is the number 1 handicap hole on the course with a demanding drive. I blasted it about 280 straight as an arrow, and we were off.

Played the rest of the day at +1 including 3 birdies.... 39-38 for a +5 total of 77 in a batshiit crazy wind.

GI think we can all agree this is in Cruzer's face.

Why would a 77 be in my face? If you reall want to call me out, let's do it with $$ - time and place, I'm in.

Why would a 77 be in my face? If you reall want to call me out, let's do it with $$ - time and place, I'm in.

Consider it a friendly shot across your bow. A warning my friend. :banana:

You are still the Geek Club King Cocck of the Courses. Of this there is no doubt. But we aren't dead yet my friend. We aren't dead yet.

Hint: Don't attempt to keep score or be slightly serious when your buddy's wife and yours are drinking margaritas in the other cart. 1 over through 6 then they got loud and everytime I pulled out my range finder yelled "Yar mateys......there be land there". :doh:

Consider it a friendly shot across your bow. A warning my friend. :banana:

You are still the Geek Club King Cocck of the Courses. Of this there is no doubt. But we aren't dead yet my friend. We aren't dead yet.

Tel you what - that was a fantastic round you played though... Even for the normal windy shiit we get here - yday was freakishly nasty, and out of the North to boot, which we hardly ever get. :thumbsup:

Tel you what - that was a fantastic round you played though... Even for the normal windy shiit we get here - yday was freakishly nasty, and out of the North to boot, which we hardly ever get. :thumbsup:

Thank you. I'm pumped.

My previous bests were a 78 (+6) at Prairie Lakes in and a 77 (+7) at Rockwood, both in ideal conditions.....I'm sure you'd agree that Hidden Creek is a much more testing course than those. Then to combine it with freakish winds/ So it's one of those things where a +5 round only bests my record by 1 shot, but the reality is it's much more far and away the best round I've ever played.

I've felt my ball striking has been in this range for awhile, but I've been bad on some ridiculously slick greens the last couple months. But while I kept thinking I was hitting it good enough to put up this type score, it wasn't happening. so having a good day on the greens and seeing the score follow feels a bit like validation that I'm actually getting there.

Thank you. I'm pumped.

My previous bests were a 78 (+6) at Prairie Lakes in and a 77 (+7) at Rockwood, both in ideal conditions.....I'm sure you'd agree that Hidden Creek is a much more testing course than those. Then to combine it with freakish winds/ So it's one of those things where a +5 round only bests my record by 1 shot, but the reality is it's much more far and away the best round I've ever played.

I've felt my ball striking has been in this range for awhile, but I've been bad on some ridiculously slick greens the last couple months. But while I kept thinking I was hitting it good enough to put up this type score, it wasn't happening. so having a good day on the greens and seeing the score follow feels a bit like validation that I'm actually getting there.

I always enjoyed Hidden Creek. I think it's a great layout, a wonderful piece of land. I also love the big greens - they are no automatic 2putt.. I wish they'd build a new clubhouse, maybe improve the range a bit... What are they charging now?

I always enjoyed Hidden Creek. I think it's a great layout, a wonderful piece of land. I also love the big greens - they are no automatic 2putt.. I wish they'd build a new clubhouse, maybe improve the range a bit... What are they charging now?

We had an idealgolfer deal. $26 included a hot dog and sleeve of balls. :dunno:Weekend early rates are normally $42 I think.

$26 included a hot dog

Who's hot dog?

I think we can all agree this is in Cruzer's face.

I would of been your biitch y-day, shiit... Under the most perfect conditions (as you know) - no wind, 78*, sunny - I vomited my way to a bloody 84.. I was working on the Fade stuff, all I did was make myself sick and frustrated.. I par #1, my next par came on #10.. Lost a smooth $210 - and any pride I had left... Abandoned the Fade shiit and went back to my normal game for the E9, came in at 2 over, got at least $95 of it back.

I would of been your biitch y-day, shiit... Under the most perfect conditions (as you know) - no wind, 78*, sunny - I vomited my way to a bloody 84.. I was working on the Fade stuff, all I did was make myself sick and frustrated.. I par #1, my next par came on #10.. Lost a smooth $210 - and any pride I had left... Abandoned the Fade shiit and went back to my normal game for the E9, came in at 2 over, got at least $95 of it back.

I was traveling this weekend so I didn't get a round in. I was pretty upset about it coming off my best round ever. Wanted to keep the momentum going on try to build on it. Playing Bridlewood this coming weekend. Looking back through my scores, I shot an 82 last time there in June. Obviously the goal is to shoot in the 70s as I build momentum towards a big summer.

What course were you on this weekend? You wouldn't have been my biitch.....Playing against regulars, you could afford to work on a fade and take a loss. Playing against new competition, you'd have abandoned the fade earlier, as not to let me build confidence. It matters.