Sign in to follow this  
gutterslut

FoxNews blaming Democrats for all Trump's speaking mistakes

It's not taxed because it's not "profit", it's capital. It would be an equity gain for the stockholders.

Well, I'm going to go ahead and say that at some point that it is taxed at a capital gain. It's all a game but it's the desired result. And what if the whole business is equities? I get that not all profit is taxed the same, but once it goes thorough the wash some of it miraculously emerges with the lower tax rate.

Well, I'm going to go ahead and say that at some point that it is taxed at a capital gain. It's all a game but it's the desired result. And what if the whole business is equities? I get that not all profit is taxed the same, but once it goes thorough the wash some of it miraculously emerges with the lower tax rate.

Well okay, but you're wrong. :dunno:

Don't confuse the accounting concept of "equity" - which is your assets minus your liabilities - with "equities" that can be bought and sold. A company selling its own stock - even at a "gain" over the price paid - is not a taxable event since in essence it is just the company's owners investing more money into their company. The company's assets go up in the form of cash (debit), and the stockholder's equity goes up in the form of paid-in-capital (credit). That's not "profit" any more than the proceeds from an initial offering, or a sole propietor putting money in his company account, would be "profit".

Well okay, but you're wrong. :dunno:

Don't confuse the accounting concept of "equity" - which is your assets minus your liabilities - with "equities" that can be bought and sold. A company selling its own stock - even at a "gain" over the price paid - is not a taxable event since in essence it is just the company's owners investing more money into their company. The company's assets go up in the form of cash (debit), and the stockholder's equity goes up in the form of paid-in-capital (credit). That's not "profit" any more than the proceeds from an initial offering, or a sole propietor putting money in his company account, would be "profit".

I'm wrong because of accounting games, legal money laundering. Disagree? And how would you categorize carried interest , and what rate is that taxed at?

This should be set up to automatically reply after every one of his posts.

Wearhouse jockey says what?

I'm wrong because of accounting games, legal money laundering. Disagree? And how would you categorize carried interest , and what rate is that taxed at?

Do you consider IPO's "legal money laundering" too? There's NO cost to the company for those stocks, so that must all be "profit", huh?

It's not "accounting games", it's common sense. Don't picture IBM, with 100k shareholders, picture a corporation with ONE shareholder. If he at some point sells some of his stock to his company for $1,000.00, then later buys it back for $1,200.00, you really think he and his company have somehow profited on that transaction? His company has more money, sure, but it came out of HIS pocket. The same logic applies with more shareholders. Shareholders may have an INDIVIDUAL capital gain or loss, depending on their cost-basis of the stock that gets bought back, but to the company it's just a capital contribution.

Carried interest doesn't apply to companies, it applies to individuals; usually shareholders of an limited liability partnership or similar non-taxable, pass- through business entity. Carried interest is a major perversion of the tax code and should be addressed, but it's not relevant to whether or not companies pay capital gains.

Do you consider IPO's "legal money laundering" too? There's NO cost to the company for those stocks, so that must all be "profit", huh?

It's not "accounting games", it's common sense. Don't picture IBM, with 100k shareholders, picture a corporation with ONE shareholder. If he at some point sells some of his stock to his company for $1,000.00, then later buys it back for $1,200.00, you really think he and his company have somehow profited on that transaction? His company has more money, sure, but it came out of HIS pocket. The same logic applies with more shareholders. Shareholders may have an INDIVIDUAL capital gain or loss, depending on their cost-basis of the stock that gets bought back, but to the company it's just a capital contribution.

Carried interest doesn't apply to companies, it applies to individuals; usually shareholders of an limited liability partnership or similar non-taxable, pass- through business entity. Carried interest is a major perversion of the tax code and should be addressed, but it's not relevant to whether or not companies pay capital gains.

Hold it, are you saying that companies don't buy shares of their own company from the open market? If they don't then I was very wrong.

Hold it, are you saying that companies don't buy shares of their own company from the open market? If they don't then I was very wrong.

Of course they do. Which reduces cash, and reduces equity. Then when they resell them it increases cash, and increases equity. Again, it never hits the income statement, just like an IPO never hits the income statement, even though the company has raised money. It has one raised money from its owners, whether it has one, or a thousand, or a million.

Of course they do. Which reduces cash, and reduces equity. Then when they resell them it increases cash, and increases equity. Again, it never hits the income statement, just like an IPO never hits the income statement, even though the company has raised money. It has one raised money from its owners, whether it has one, or a thousand, or a million.

Not saying you're wrong, but I would think there is a difference between an ipo and a share purchases from the open market. Are you saying there isn't?

Parrot - It's like teaching card tricks to a dog..

Would love to hear from the guy who worked at ENRON about accounting practices. Good god, have some shame man.

Would love to hear from the guy who worked at ENRON about accounting practices. Good god, have some shame man.

You don't even understand the basics? Did you even GO to college?

Maybe catcha a schoolhouse rock or something...

Gee, Sneaky Troubador is a brand new poster - IN NO WAY AN ALIAS.

Yet, alias created 8 months ago - SOMEHOW knows about job I had a dozen years ago....

But HEY - he's no such a pussbag that he has to hide behind and alias because everyone got siick of his shiit. LOL

You don't even understand the basics? Did you even GO to college?

Maybe catcha a schoolhouse rock or something...

Nope, did not go to college. Did you go to work today? Last week? Last month?

Yet, alias created 8 months ago - SOMEHOW knows about job I had a dozen years ago....

But HEY - he's no such a pussbag that he has to hide behind and alias because everyone got siick of his shiit. LOL

RP hides behind this alias because he was perma banned. He can't even post as MB anymore - we're now on to the alias of an alias.

• Like 1

Im not an alias. An alias would mean I was hiding something. Is that one of them college werdz you don't understand? I do.

RP hides behind this alias because he was perma banned. He can't even post as MB anymore - we're now on to the alias of an alias.

Stupid

Stupid

Hey you're back under the first alias. Why the name change?

Hey you're back under the first alias. Why the name change?

Hey, I made you look like an idiot again. Why do you keep playing?

Hey, I made you look like an idiot again. Why do you keep playing?

I don't know Columbo. I must be a lib-bot.

Im not an alias. An alias would mean I was hiding something. Is that one of them college werdz you don't understand? I do.

Alias: To portray oneself under another identify, most often in the process of subterfuge.

I've never understood the pussbags who feel the need to do that. rusty used to do that so he could remain 'popular' under one handle and still be a jagoff under others. I mean, you're already anonymous, and you still need to hide behind different alia?

Alias: To portray oneself under another identify, most often in the process of subterfuge.

I've never understood the pussbags who feel the need to do that. rusty used to do that so he could remain 'popular' under one handle and still be a jagoff under others. I mean, you're already anonymous, and you still need to hide behind different alia?

I have my reasons, and some know why. And since there is no subterfuge (never was) , the description is not apt. Carry on.

He was giving someone else sh!t for an incident that happened years ago too. Something about a fist fight or something, I forget.

He was giving someone else sh!t for an incident that happened years ago too. Something about a fist fight or something, I forget.

Oil prices. What is so fockin hard for you dorks to comprehend? I changed my screen name. And haven't denied it. Get a life, or maybe go back to your dragon and dwarfs game.

I like to check in with FoxNews occasionally just to see what they are spoon-feeding their sheep.

They spent the entire 10 minutes that I watched saying Hillary and the Democrats are tricking Trump into saying batchit crazy stuff.

Is that a defense or an admittance of Trump's idiocy. Either way.

10 minutes on Fox is all I can take.

What did they specifically say?

What did they specifically say?

Ten minutes of a hot chick with twice the brains not having to shop at Lane Bryant's with a $50 gift card and explaining that being a dyk is fine and dandy!

Lib-bot George Will carves up Trump;

He seems to understand that if you produce a steady stream of sufficiently stupefying statements, there will be no time to dwell on any one of them, and the net effect on the public will be numbness and ennui. So, for example, while the nation has been considering his interesting decision to try to expand his appeal by attacking Gold Star parents, little attention has been paid to this: Vladimir Putin’s occupation of Crimea has escaped Trump’s notice.

The nation, however, is not immune to the lasting damage that is being done to it by Trump’s success in normalizing post-factual politics. It is being poisoned by the injection into its bloodstream of the cynicism required of those Republicans who persist in pretending that although Trump lies constantly and knows nothing, these blemishes do not disqualify him from being president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/trumps-shallowness-runs-deep/2016/08/03/f7311b20-58d3-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html

:thumbsup:

Hard to take George Will seriously, considering his writings during the bush administration. And it's not really necessary to whip out failed prognistactors to make the case. There's a reason nobody listens to those guys anymore.