Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyUtah007

Where to draft Dez now?

Is pick #21 overall (12 teamer in the 4 spot) too early to take Dez now with Glass Joe (Romo) going down again? Standard scoring. B Marshall and Mike Evans will probably still be available in my league as well. Best rb still available will likely be only CJ Anderson.

Only one of those I would draft above Dez may be Brandon Marshall but maybe not.

Dez problem last season wasn't Romo being out, it was being injured. he basically played on a broken foot all season. He's healthy this season it appears. He is a top WR whoever the QB is. If Romo is out it may drop him a spot or two but not many. Dak Prescott has gone to Dez on several occasions in the preseason.

Dez is still a solid WR1.

I am drinking the Kool aid on Prescott. I wouldn't drop Dez much. Behind AJ for sure. But after that I think he is pretty safe.

I am drinking the Kool aid on Prescott. I wouldn't drop Dez much. Behind AJ for sure. But after that I think he is pretty safe.

Agree. I can see the argument for bmarsh over him...but id say 21st is amazingly late.

Ironic thing is that Romo going down now may actually be a good thing. He may have been declining so much physically that he wasn't going to last long in the regular season anyway. Atleast Prescott and Co. all know he is the guy this year and can prepare as such. Prescott appears more than capable. Skill position players like Dez and Ez should do just as well with a healthy, young, energized Prescott vs an old, slow, hampered Romo. I wouldn't move the rankings at all.

Don't see how Romo has declined physically. First off his talent, when healthy, he was the #1 QB in QB Rating with 113.2 (and #1 in completion percentage with 69.9%, and #1 in yards per attempt with 8.52, and 4th in passing TDs with 34) in 2014 and any QB would have had a vertebral compression injury the way Romo got hit. Same with when he broke his clavicle, it's just the way the defender landed on him.

As for Dez, I have him ranked WR8, below Brandon Marshall and AJ Green, although looking at the players I have below Dez I could drop Dez to WR19 and not think anything of it. I had him the last 2 years on my team.

Don't see how Romo has declined physically. First off his talent, when healthy, he was the #1 QB in QB Rating with 113.2 (and #1 in completion percentage with 69.9%, and #1 in yards per attempt with 8.52, and 4th in passing TDs with 34) in 2014 and any QB would have had a vertebral compression injury the way Romo got hit. Same with when he broke his clavicle, it's just the way the defender landed on him.

As for Dez, I have him ranked WR8, below Brandon Marshall and AJ Green, although looking at the players I have below Dez I could drop Dez to WR19 and not think anything of it. I had him the last 2 years on my team.

are you saying you would drop Dez from WR8 to WR19 due to changing the QB?

Dropped him down to Wr 15.

are you saying you would drop Dez from WR8 to WR19 due to changing the QB?

I did to WR18. I'm talking about in a ppr league. He just had a concussion, he was horrible last year when he did play. I did not lower him because of the QB though, I think Dak will play at a high level. I just think Dez is too risky and not guaranteed to play at a WR1 level and there are safer WRs that offer low floors and good upside. Basically, I just don't want him on my team this year. I'll put that auction money toward other players, or draft a different player unless he falls to where I now have him ranked/valued at. I could be wrong though, you should go with your own opinion on these kinds of things.

Pick 21 overall is 8 picks too late

This^

Have you watched him this preseason? He is back to form and hungry. He has made starting CB's look like 5th graders.....with Dak throwing him the ball. If you get him in the late second, you need to write the other owners a thank you note.

What about the concussion? He have a history of those? Wonder what another one this season could lead to in terms of missing multiple games.

Not worried about that, he's not really any more likely to get his bell rung than any other player. If I was going to be worried about an injury concern with Dez, it's the foot. Dez often has some little nagging injuries but he plays through them.

He fell to the 8th pick of round 2 in my draft today. The normal guys went ahead of him along with M.Evans, J.Nelson, and A.Robinson.

Some people drinking the Dak kool-aid real heavy. Call me crazy but I'm not sold after just 3 preseason games. I don't care how good the stats look.