Sign in to follow this  
Superdude

Drafting Mistake I made this year - Drafting Players who drop in the draft

So I had my draft last weekend: 12 team .5 PPR 6pt Passing Tds Drafting from 7th hole

1 Pick - Julio Jones Drops - Hmmm I should pick him up - Injury prone

2 Pick - Freeman and JC Available - I picked Freeman - Great same team as Julio everyone is down on

3 Pick - McCoy Drops - Ughhhh More injury prone guy

Later Picks: Bortles and J. Thomas (TE)

I won't bother with the rest...

I drafted players on the same team that were injury prone or the offense not looking good. Yes it sounded like a good bargain to see some players drop below there adp, but be mindful who is on your team. Stacking crappy teams is not a good idea. It worth a risk for a player here and there, but not the whole team. At least I got beer and had a fun time.

TLDR: Don't pick a player because he just happens to fall down to you.

The mistake you're making is having a pessimistic reaction to your draft.

Every player is injury prone, it just depends to what degree.

Studs can and do exist on poor offences.

Two studs can and do exist on the same team.

Relax and enjoy your bargains.

Wait, you got the 2nd best player in the 7 hole and you're upset about that? OMG! You should be dancing! Freeman is fine. I don't know why you drafted J Thomas, but otherwise, you're fine.

The mistake you're making is having a pessimistic reaction to your draft.

Every player is injury prone, it just depends to what degree.

Studs can and do exist on poor offences.

Two studs can and do exist on the same team.

Relax and enjoy your bargains.

Your right, I am being way too pessimistic. Just could not get the players I wanted this year. People reached for them. IE Homer Picks like Tom Brady in 5th etc...

Your right, I am being way too pessimistic. Just could not get the players I wanted this year. People reached for them. IE Homer Picks like Tom Brady in 5th etc...

Brady's ADP is in the 60s, so 5th round is just one round sooner. Let's face it, most people don't draft based on ADP. People draft on players who they like and players they feel good about and players they have read a lot of positive stuff on.

For example, Ware's ADP is in the 130s, 13th round. I doubt he lasts until then in any draft from here on out.

Sharpe seems to be the darling of FF speak, yet his ADP is also in the 130s, 13th round. I bet he is taken earlier in most drafts too.

Your players look good, so don't beat yourself up just because they might get injured. All of them might get injured because football is a violent sport. Cheers.

So I had my draft last weekend: 12 team .5 PPR 6pt Passing Tds Drafting from 7th hole

1 Pick - Julio Jones Drops - Hmmm I should pick him up - Injury prone

2 Pick - Freeman and JC Available - I picked Freeman - Great same team as Julio everyone is down on

3 Pick - McCoy Drops - Ughhhh More injury prone guy

Later Picks: Bortles and J. Thomas (TE)

I won't bother with the rest...

I drafted players on the same team that were injury prone or the offense not looking good. Yes it sounded like a good bargain to see some players drop below there adp, but be mindful who is on your team. Stacking crappy teams is not a good idea. It worth a risk for a player here and there, but not the whole team. At least I got beer and had a fun time.

TLDR: Don't pick a player because he just happens to fall down to you.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Well I had Jones, McCoy, Jeffery, and Bell last year and that won me a championship.

If your prone guys are also prone to putting up huge numbers, who cares? It's a nice risk/high reward thing to have.

My mistake in my B league was not paying attention and drafting Mathews instead of Langford in PPR. I prefer Langford...

Julio left me frustrated last year. He was mobbed by defenders because the Falcons have nothing for a number 2 receiver. Then you have them trying to establish the running game. He got me 4 touchdowns in first 3 games and 4 the rest of the year. He is a beast and I think with Tom Brady he would be a shoe in for 15 tds , but he is not.

Julio at 7 is a steal. Just look at the numbers he put up last year. You got the 2nd best guy in the league at 7, rejoice!

To complain about getting Julio that late is just ridiculous. If you didn't want him then you should've taken someone else and then the person after you would've been rejoicing.