Sign in to follow this  
BiPolarBear

Dak Prescott

:clap:

On a serious note, what do you think about trading Dez? Will never happen, but I'd definitely be willing to look at it. Butler can play, been saying that for a while now. We could look to draft another wr in 2017 - maybe even keep D-Dud if we have to.... Dak and Zeke and proving that we don't need an actual $70m wr.

dunning-kreuger appears to be in play here. MD clearly states that romo had a PT, and that even a small PT requires 1-2 weeks off.

fantasy footballer claims that MD is wrong, while dodging questions about his medical expertise.

i love the innernet.

:clap:

You clearly didn't read what I wrote :(

Kinda sucks when I clearly didn't write anything about him being able to play right away or him not having pneumothorax yet you seem to think I did. But for sh1ts and giggles I'll enlighten you.

Pneumothorax is ANY time air gets into the chest cavity. Could be a small amount could be a large amount. Romo had a small amount. Treatment for that small amount? Rest since the air will absorb into the body and the small puncture of the lung will close by itself.

Treat for the one fractured rib? Rest since there isn't much they could do about it.

Did he need to go to the hospital? Yes. Why? Because any time you have a fractured rib and a possible punctured lung you need it looked at.

What does this all have to do with Romos toughness? Well the pain he was experiencing from this was minor. Not on the level of a torn ACL. Have people played with broken ribs? Yes. It's an injury that most people don't realize they have until they get an X-ray.

Now I will revert back to my statement (in case you read over it again). While yes I do applaud Romo for playing while having these injuries he is still not "tough". Tough would be able to play without being injured. Romo is injured a lot. Not tough.

• Like 1

On a serious note, what do you think about trading Dez? Will never happen, but I'd definitely be willing to look at it. Butler can play, been saying that for a while now. We could look to draft another wr in 2017 - maybe even keep D-Dud if we have to.... Dak and Zeke and proving that we don't need an actual $70m wr.

It won't happen but I wouldn't do it either. Don't know what we could get for him. We will need him later. Our WRs have played okay but we will need him later. He's still one of the biggest deep threats and best WRs in the game.

It won't happen but I wouldn't do it either. Don't know what we could get for him. We will need him later. Our WRs have played okay but we will need him later. He's still one of the biggest deep threats and best WRs in the game.

Beasley has stepped up big time. But like you said he gives the receiving core a more elite threat than what they have. Even if he's used as a decoy it still helps keep defenses honest

Deep threat? Dez isn't much of that at all - we force him into that with bad play calling but he has zero separation speed.

Bcoz of the threat of Dak and Zeke - it's almost gravy for whatever wr we run out there - long as they can catch and run the right routes. To have $70m committed to that position is proving to be ridiculous.

Deep threat? Dez isn't much of that at all - we force into that with bad play calling but he has zero separation speed.

Bcoz of the threat of Dak and Zeke - it's almost gravy for whatever wr we run out there - long as they can catch and run the right routes. To have $70m committed to that position is proving to be ridiculous.

He's a jump ball guy not a burner. That's more Terrence Williams, or at least it used to be. Dez is good after the catch too.

If we got a really good deal for him, maybe but I don't see that happening.

no deal. first, it would be very difficult to move him due to his salary. second, no one on the current roster can really threaten a secondary, so if you trade dez, you just have to draft another guy and hope he plays like dez. third, the only WR under contract after this season is beas. butler flashes, but has failed in a number of big moments over the last 3 games. and i know how you feel about twill. so you would have to completely rebuild your WR corps, investing draft picks that should probably go towards the defense.

and remember, dak and zeke have played well, but let's wait until we see them go against the real studs of the league before coming to any conclusions. i want to see how they perform against the talent of SEA, the speed of MIN, and the schemes of belichick.

Beasley has stepped up big time. But like you said he gives the receiving core a more elite threat than what they have. Even if he's used as a decoy it still helps keep defenses honest

Yeah Beasley has been great at what he does. I'm not surprised at all. He's like a poor man's Wes Welker and getting better.

Dez is a good decoy too even when he's not effective like you say. That may not be so much each week but against some of the better, playoff teams it will.

You clearly didn't read what I wrote :(

Kinda sucks when I clearly didn't write anything about him being able to play right away or him not having pneumothorax yet you seem to think I did. But for sh1ts and giggles I'll enlighten you.

Pneumothorax is ANY time air gets into the chest cavity.

yes, i did read what you wrote. here you go:

Did he have a tension pneumothorax? During the game did he have that? No he did not.

when you find yourself in a hole, the best thing to do is stop digging.

or you can keep talking, and make yourself look even more foolish.

Yeah Beasley has been great at what he does. I'm not surprised at all. He's like a poor man's Wes Welker and getting better.

Dez is a good decoy too even when he's not effective like you say. That may not be so much each week but against some of the better, playoff teams it will.

Yea I'm surprised at how Beasley stepped up. Good comparison to Wes Welker. When Dez gets back I don't see Beasleys numbers dipping much. He's a great way to move the chains. The defense has definitely stepped up recently which helps out tremendously. Hill and Gio are good back so the fact that they didn't run on them much shows improvement

yes, i did read what you wrote. here you go:

when you find yourself in a hole, the best thing to do is stop digging.

or you can keep talking, and make yourself look even more foolish.

Sorry bud like I said I'm done talking about it. Just proved you wrong and you can't handle it. Nothing to seehere now move along

I like Dez - but he's not a $70m difference maker.

I think he has the potential to be. But with injuries plaguing him it's hard. He's always been an above average receiver. But he's no Antonio Brown or Julio Jones. I'd say he's at the top of tier 2 but not quite in tier 1

I think he has the potential to be. But with injuries plaguing him it's hard. He's always been an above average receiver. But he's no Antonio Brown or Julio Jones. I'd say he's at the top of tier 2 but not quite in tier 1

He completely disappears at times and his inability to get separation is a negative. He has great hands and his body is a huge asset - and he does draw coverage.

Jerry would never deal him - just thinking out loud.

He completely disappears at times and his inability to get separation is a negative. He has great hands and his body is a huge asset - and he does draw coverage.

Jerry would never deal him - just thinking out loud.

His inability to get good separation is why he isn't in tier 1 in my opinion. You're right though. Jerry won't deal him. Only hope is that they can somehow start using him more appropriately.

Well, it's not going to change. Perhaps they paid him too much but that's just how it goes. If he plays his best it's not that far off. The thing is he's been on the bench too much the past 2 seasons.

When he's putting up 16 TDs in a season it's far from my biggest complaint.

Sorry bud like I said I'm done talking about it. Just proved you wrong and you can't handle it. Nothing to seehere now move along

lol--you directly contradicted yourself (not to mention contradicting the actual doctor), and now you want to change the subject.

probably the best move.

In all honesty, Romo gettin hurt has been the best thing to happen to the cowboys this year

lol--you directly contradicted yourself (not to mention contradicting the actual doctor), and now you want to change the subject.

probably the best move.

Still on it huh? I mean after getting proven wrong I'd show a little more humility than you are. Like I said I'm done talking about it after I already proved my point and your inaccuracy. So move along bud

you weren't saying this in 2014.

this is one of the quiet ways that romo has an advantage over dak. dak is just taking what he's offered by the coverage, resulting in 11 catches for dez this season. romo understands that you have to get dez established as another weapon with which to attack a defense. dak just moves on to the next read. that's working out well for dak right now, because he isn't faced with the pressure of carrying the offense. but it will be very problematic when dak is faced with a defense that can actually take away the run.

let me put it this way. if we didn't have dez on the team, i would not be in favor of drafting a WR in the first round. if i could trade him for a good edge rusher, i would jump at the deal. but since he's here, you take advantage of what he has to offer.

Still on it huh? I mean after getting proven wrong I'd show a little more humility than you are. Like I said I'm done talking about it after I already proved my point and your inaccuracy. So move along bud

you've proven nothing.

you said that romo didn't have a PT--that he had a punctured lung. when i posted a MD's statement that he had a PT, you changed the subject. then you admitted that a PT results from any lung puncture, which completely contradicted your assertion that he didn't have a PT.

even more humorous is that you claim to know clinical details of romo's injury. how did you come by that information? what was the method with which you assessed the severity of his injury? we don't have to worry about HIPAA or anything, so let's hear it.

ultimately, i'm still at it because it's fun to watch you expose yourself further and further. my guess is that you were an athletic trainer in high school.

In all honesty, Romo gettin hurt has been the best thing to happen to the cowboys this year

Well it's certainly hard to argue it's hurt them. One has to ponder if him getting healthy will.

you've proven nothing.

you said that romo didn't have a PT--that he had a punctured lung. when i posted a MD's statement that he had a PT, you changed the subject. then you admitted that a PT results from any lung puncture, which completely contradicted your assertion that he didn't have a PT.

even more humorous is that you claim to know clinical details of romo's injury. how did you come by that information? what was the method with which you assessed the severity of his injury? we don't have to worry about HIPAA or anything, so let's hear it.

ultimately, i'm still at it because it's fun to watch you expose yourself further and further. my guess is that you were an athletic trainer in high school.

As I said above I'm done proving you wrong. Best thing for you to do is to carry on :wave:

Well it's certainly hard to argue it's hurt them. One has to ponder if him getting healthy will.

My guess is Romo is starting to see the writing on the wall. He knows that if he doesn't come back and tear it up he could be regulated to second string or even traded.

As I said above I'm done proving you wrong. Best thing for you to do is to carry on :wave:

this is fun--what was it that you proved wrong?

quote what i wrote that was incorrect.

this is fun--what was it that you proved wrong?

quote what i wrote that was incorrect.

Going to bed. Have a good night bud :wave:

you weren't saying this in 2014.

You're 100% correct - bcoz in 2014 Dez was a $3m cap number. Reasonable expense/return at that price.

My guess is Romo is starting to see the writing on the wall. He knows that if he doesn't come back and tear it up he could be regulated to second string or even traded.

You can forget trading him, nobody us taking that on.

You can forget trading him, nobody us taking that on.

I dunno. The Browns are still in the NFL :lol:

I could be wrong but I just don't see him being a back up. He may finish the season that way but if he stays healthy I believe he will be released and we cut some of his contract.

I'm sure he would want to start and if he hit the market there would be a whole lot of teams that would jump at the opportunity to sign him.

I'm sure he would want to start and if he hit the market there would be a whole lot of teams that would jump at the opportunity to sign him.

He'd have to be flat out cut in order for that to happen - bcoz nobody is trading for him now... And seeing how he'd still be owed $20m after this year, that's not happening either.

He'd have to be flat out cut in order for that to happen - bcoz nobody is trading for him now... And seeing how he'd still be owed $20m after this year, that's not happening either.

I'm not so sure about that. The $20 mill is gone either way. If we keep him it costs more. It's Jerry's call he wipes his behind with that kind of money.

He's all about the new.

like playing chess with a pigeon.

On an all night drive back to Texas, stopped at a Valero to get some popcorn to eat while reading this thread. Dude, somebody should have pulled you off him two or three posts ago.

if it was up to me I would sit Romo for the season for 2 reasons

1 - it allows you to see how DAK will handle a full season and how far he can take the team and give true figures and stats for him, lets face it a lot of QBS have 4/5 strong games then when teams figure them out it all comes crashing down. so lets see how he adapts

2 - gives room the time he has needed for 2 seasons now to fully heal.

also if DAk goes continue to grow and perform then they do have a good trade chip which Romo and it will free up a lot of cap room to improve that defence which is much needed

I'm not so sure about that. The $20 mill is gone either way. If we keep him it costs more. It's Jerry's call he wipes his behind with that kind of money.

He's all about the new.

Gone either way? Where? We're on the hook for that - it's a real cap cost.

Wow. When did you become a doctor? Lol