Sign in to follow this  
BobSanders_33

Any Sammy Watkins News?

He was dropped in a deep bench league a couple of weeks ago after he was moved to the IR. The reports were that he didn't need surgery but was heading to Dr. Andrews that week for a 2nd opinion. Obviously not good news.

Now it has been a couple of weeks and there have been no reports. My initial hope was that he could rest for 8 weeks and then come back for the best WR schedule in football Jax,@Oak, Pit,Cle and Mia. He showed that he could be a beast when his foot is right. Anyone know anything that hasn't been reported by the usual sources?

Doubtful the foot is right all year. Pressure on it with every step and a guy who relies on speed. Low upside stash at best imo. If hes there after your bye weeks take another look.

So we have the news today that he won't need surgery. I'm rostering him in both my leagues. I look at him as a 50/50 lottery ticket and that to me is a worthwhile investment. Now that he mentally knows that his foot is ok and with 2 months rest it is possible he comes back and we saw last year he can be a destroyer.

If you have a deep bench I would pick him up.

So we have the news today that he won't need surgery. I'm rostering him in both my leagues. I look at him as a 50/50 lottery ticket and that to me is a worthwhile investment. Now that he mentally knows that his foot is ok and with 2 months rest it is possible he comes back and we saw last year he can be a destroyer.

Two months and it's December week 13 or so. Are you gonna start him in the playoffs after being off for 10+ weeks?

The dude has the makings of a career "hurter" meaning you'll never get a full season out of him, he'll miss random games here and there, will exit games early, may play at only 75% effectiveness, etc, etc. Damaged goods. Sign him and stash him I guess but I think hes junk.

Two months and it's December week 13 or so. Are you gonna start him in the playoffs after being off for 10+ weeks?

You have to both make your playoffs AND be desperate for WR help where you'll start him before he proves he's all the way back.

Could be some folks in that position but probably not a lot

You have to both make your playoffs AND be desperate for WR help where you'll start him before he proves he's all the way back.

Could be some folks in that position but probably not a lot

I'm pretty confident that my team will cruise into the playoffs 12 team league Brady, DJ, CMike, Evans,Marshall as the base of my line up. He could be back starting week 10. I'd sit him on the bench watching how he is playing and then if he is looking good it is those 14 Cle and 15 MIA that might make him an appealing flex play.

I'm pretty confident that my team will cruise into the playoffs 12 team league Brady, DJ, CMike, Evans,Marshall as the base of my line up. He could be back starting week 10. I'd sit him on the bench watching how he is playing and then if he is looking good it is those 14 Cle and 15 MIA that might make him an appealing flex play.

Then he's a good pickup for you.

Even if he comes back week 11 or 12 he could conceivably give you a big boost in the fantasy playoffs.

I tend to dance with the guys who brought me but no harm in contingency plans :thumbsup: