Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Weather in California

Had Alex smith in with confidence. Looks like it's rainy and windy out there according to weather reports.

Anyone benching smith now because of this? How bad is it out there for anyone living in northern Cali?

Occasional rain. Becoming windy. High 67F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Sloppy.

Wow, nflweather shows drizzle, 11 mph winds. What the?

I dunno. I'm not there my buddy is and he said it poured last night and it's coming and going on and off today.... My quote was from weather . com

I may start Freeman over Cooper in the flex due to these same weather concerns...

Tough 1... Raining there as well and against SEA D? Fewest yards given up def this year so far.... Both less than favorable situations. Good luck

Significant wind doesn't affect the passing game all that much. 20+mph winds reduce yards per attempt by only around 1 yard, and teams only swap out 2-3 passing plays for running plays per game in 20+ winds. Coaches call the plays they need for the game situation, generally regardless of whether. And accuracy isn't affected as much as many think. Cold weather is really the killer, as it has ypa effects and drops total number of plays called.

http://archive.advancedfootballanalytics.com/2012/01/weather-effects-on-passing.html?m=1

Occasional rain. Becoming windy. High 67F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Sloppy.

David Carr weather. Not weak armed Alex Smith though.

Tough 1... Raining there as well and against SEA D? Fewest yards given up def this year so far.... Both less than favorable situations. Good luck

Exactly why unthinking he run games and short passes are used more, at least that's the hope...

Exactly why unthinking he run games and short passes are used more, at least that's the hope...

Hope you're right. Say lacey and his bad ankle for Coleman in ppr format hoping for short passes

Had Alex smith in with confidence. Looks like it's rainy and windy out there according to weather reports.

Anyone benching smith now because of this? How bad is it out there for anyone living in northern Cali?

From one of our local Oakland forecasters:

...And Raider friends...a passing light shower, even a sunny ray towards second half of the game! High of 68 degrees! Perfect football weather! Go Raiders! (Roberta Gonzales)

However, you can probably expect a mudder as the field has been soaked and the Oakland Coliseum is not renowned for its excellent drainage.

Heh. As the game begins, it has been solidly raining for 3 straight hours.

Still pouring. Wheeee!

And of course I left Crabtree in instead of using gore instead. Awesome weather reporting by weather.com

Actually, that may have not been a mistake on your part. Carr is throwing at will, and after Rivera missed a TD and slid on his back through the mud, Holmes just caught a TD on the same drive.

Doesn't appear that the Chiefs can stop s**t, so far.

Edit: Mack Attack!! :clap:

And of course I left Crabtree in instead of using gore instead. Awesome weather reporting by weather.com

Oh crap! Carr just lobbed a pass to Crabtree - who slipped in the muck - and Marcus Peters intercepted it. : (

Hey, at least he's getting targets.

Waiting to see Charles with a three carry day just because Reid is an ass.

There was one of them