Sign in to follow this  
rottytiny

Which Packer WR is better pickup?

Which packers Wr is better pickup?

Adams or Montgomery?

I think Adams is the known quantity. What you've seen so far is what you'll get. Almost looks like he's replaced Nelson as their WR1. Montgomery, while his upside could be bigger, is a bit of an unknown. Not sure what his role will be when they get Davis, Starks going again.

We've now listed Montgomery as a Rb/Wr that's worth more.

Both have good value.

People are slow to believe in Adams because he stunk last year. But looking at what he has done this year...he has been pretty good. His 2 "bad" games were against Minnesota (what WRs have done well against them?) and Dallas where he left the game early with the injury.

He is getting targets, getting open, and making the plays.

As long as Jordy is still taking #1 coverage and not getting open, and Cobb running out of the slot...things should stay pretty good for Adams.

Montgomery may be the better play or bigger play. But IMO, he also has the most risk. Prior to the move to playing out of the backfield, I was wondering why he was not seeing time other than special teams. Now with the RB position a mess in GB, he has a big role. I think his role is unlikely to change (because I don't think that much of Davis, Jackson, or Starks when he returns). So you are looking at about 5-10 rushes and 5-10 targets out of the backfield most games.

Standard league I would favor Adams. PPR Id favor Montgomery. But unless Davis, Jackson, or Starks comes in and lights things up...I think its close with the 2 of them.

Montgomery for right now if you can get all his pts (rushing, catches) but Adams for long run-Cobb is still there (and leads GB in targets) but Jordy isn't the same Jordy he was and Adams will see more.

Adams, James Jones 2.0. Defenses take away Jordy and Cobb, he cleans up TD's. He has a defined role. Montgomery could lose depending on Starks and Davis.

Ty short term should be valuable though.

FWIW, if Jordy is slowed by his knee (which he obviously is, but I'm saying if that's all that's affecting him), there's a good chance that he improves over the course of the season.

Pretty sure Jordy will be shadowed by Trufant so it could be another lean week for Jordy. Not saying bench him but he is sort of gimpy and up against a great defender this week. So, it could be another hefty target week for Adams and Cobb.

Pretty sure Jordy will be shadowed by Trufant so it could be another lean week for Jordy. Not saying bench him but he is sort of gimpy and up against a great defender this week. So, it could be another hefty target week for Adams and Cobb.

Lawdy, I hope Jordy is slowed by Trufant this week...although, I hope Adams regresses too. I'm playing a guy who is likely gonna start Jordy and Adams, and Fitz and Brown. If three of them can do poorly I'll be happy.