Sign in to follow this  
erikthebassist

Hogan this week... he's a former Bill

I have hogan. I also have jordy, diggs, zeke, ware and Gillislee.

I think I'm going to start Hogan over Diggs or Gillisleee because Hogan used to be a Bill. The hoodie wants revenge after the bills shut them out while Brady was suspended.

Do you guys think the Hoodie is malicious enough to tell Brady to Force it to Hogan so he can shove this down the bills throats in the most humiliating way possible?

• Like 1

Hoodie is malicious enough, but I don't think in that way. He'll try to pound them, but he rarely deviates from best game plans to force it to one player. If Hogan was a big name on the team, I'd see something special happening as he could 'demand' the ball more. But he's not, and I'm not aware that there was any bad blood when he left Buffalo.

Someone else mentioned this revenge angle, and maybe it'll happen. But I'm not holding my breath.

Don't know if it will happen.

But I can see the hoodie wanting to do so.

Should be an interesting situation.

I've got Brady and Hogan and will start Hogan. I can see Belichek wanting to expose weaknesses in their pass D just to screw over the Bills against other teams for the rest of the year. Whatever happens they will try to run up the score.

I have Brady and Hogan and was thinking boy will Hogan want to put it to them. I hope I'm right but I think hogan runs wild...

I'm not aware that there was any bad blood when he left Buffalo.

This is true, it was pure business. We should have paid him. By we I mean I'm a bills homer, not necessarily a huge fan though. I also have to pick between Taylor and Fitz which is a coin toss. Since I have the pats defense and Fitz is at Cleveland, I'm leaning fitz even if it means the pats destroy buffalo, which is likely.

This is true, it was pure business. We should have paid him. By we I mean I'm a bills homer, not necessarily a huge fan though. I also have to pick between Taylor and Fitz which is a coin toss. Since I have the pats defense and Fitz is at Cleveland, I'm leaning fitz even if it means the pats destroy buffalo, which is likely.

That's the thing. There are tons of players all over the league who used to play for other teams. Each return isn't a revenge game. Particularly when the guy returning is a WR3 who is fourth or fifth on the team in the passing pecking order.

Could still happen, and I don't own Hogan anymore. But I'd be mildly surprised.

The revenge angle will probably be considered the reason why Hogan has a good game (if he does), but I think there may be something more to it:

From my most recent Blitz

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/orth/16_aob_112_competition.html

- The Bills appear to be a difficult matchup for receivers in large part because they have been stingy in terms of giving up touchdowns to the position (four). In reality, only a Jacoby Brissett-led passing attack has really faltered against the Buffalo secondary. The Bills were shredded by the Jets in Week 2 and it could be argued Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker were the best receivers they have faced up to this point. Deep threats Torrey Smith and Kenny Stills each enjoyed their finest performance of the year against this defense over the last two weeks, so it wouldn't be a surprise if Chris Hogan (this week) or Jermaine Kearse/Tyler Lockett (next week) found similar success.

I got tired of waiting for him to produce .

But that's a very interesting article.

I playing him this week because because I don't have many other options. There may not be anything in the revenge angle for him in particular but this is a revenge game for the pats, they will try to run up the score if they can. If he doesn't do anything this week I'm dropping him.

I've got Brady and Hogan and will start Hogan. I can see Belichek wanting to expose weaknesses in their pass D just to screw over the Bills against other teams for the rest of the year. Whatever happens they will try to run up the score.

Nice analysis.

Very good call Kent.