Sign in to follow this  
martyj13

West or Hightower?

Need to get a RB off of waivers West or Hightower? With J. Charles going to I.R. I'm assuming West will get a lot more touches than anticipated?

If you're just looking this week and need to play someone, I'd say West.

But if you're looking long term, I don't think either is your best option as I think they're both short term options and handcuffs. If you want to add a RB but don't need to play this week, then I'd grab James Starks first as he'll be back relatively soon and he should take over the starter's job.

If he's already gone, then I'd go Kenneth Dixon or Paul Perkins as both have a shot to steal their team's starting job in the 2nd half, and both could start to take on a bigger role this week out of their bye.

All 3 have much better long term value I believe than West or Hightower.

If you're just looking this week and need to play someone, I'd say West.

But if you're looking long term, I don't think either is your best option as I think they're both short term options and handcuffs. If you want to add a RB but don't need to play this week, then I'd grab James Starks first as he'll be back relatively soon and he should take over the starter's job.

If he's already gone, then I'd go Kenneth Dixon or Paul Perkins as both have a shot to steal their team's starting job in the 2nd half, and both could start to take on a bigger role this week out of their bye.

All 3 have much better long term value I believe than West or Hightower.

That's my whole point. I don't want to waste a waiver on a short term solution.

That's my whole point. I don't want to waste a waiver on a short term solution.

just pick up one of those 3 then in FA once waivers end tomorrow then. I could really only see Starks getting possibly claimed, so I'm pretty confident Dixon or Perkins will be available unless it's a super deep league,

Hightower and Dixon.

Missed West and got Hightower and Henry

Would you drop either for Antone Smith? Or drop Gillislee for Smith or Dixon?

Picked up West. Waiting on a trade to finalize which gives me a free roster spot. And guess what? Dixon is still available.

Agree , Starks is a better vaule.

Just know what you're getting with Starks. He has not been good this year. Don't expect even RB2 and you'll be okay.

True; he's a flex or spot starter at best. But a RB that's getting the lion's share of carries on any team is worth owning.

True; he's a flex or spot starter at best. But a RB that's getting the lion's share of carries on any team is worth owning.

Agreed. Just pointing out that, even if he gets the starting spot, this isn't a Booker in for CJ scenario. And the chances that a high ceiling guy like Dixon out plays him (or a guy like Gilly if Shady gets hurt again) are not insignificant. You are taking a seemingly sure 7-8 points a game at risk of a less likely 12-15 points a game. Just saying.

However...count me as not entirely sure Starks gets the job when he's healthy. Rodgers has been a much better QB since they've had to play WRs at RB and change their game plan. Looks to me like it's a better game plan, even if they've lost two weeks now.