Sign in to follow this  
Mark91G

Is this ajayi big test

The jets have only given up 1 100 yard game to Johnson this season and have held running backs to an average 3.3 yards per carry. They are a top run defence team how do yous think ajayi fares in this one ? I feel if he puts up good numbers here then he has proven anyone who thinks his last 2 games were one offs wrong.

Am also wondering ppls thoughts on Ingram this week even with slipping carriers is he a good start against a terrible 49ers D

Niners are super terrible so I think all used saints rbs could be effective. Their offense is fast but often ineffective which is usually horrible for the big guys up front on defense trying to stop the run/fill the gaps. It's crazy to see how often running backs 'get to the second level' vs Frisco.

He's facing a top ranked run defense, he's not expected to put up huge numbers. So judging him on this game would just be silly. As long as the volume is there, then there is nothing to worry about.

Ajayi has the job now. And the oline is playing well.

Even a rough game vs a know tough run d wouldn't 'ruin' him to me. His weekly baseline is 50 yards rushing and a handful of catches. When the game goes his way and he gets some touches late or some goalline opps, then he'll beat that with a td and/or some chunk plays. That's tougher to pull off if Miami ends up in a hole and/or Tanny plays badly enough to ruin the threat of the deep shots that Gase loved to take.

I think the key with this player is maintaining the role and staying healthy. His knees are in shaky condition and could become a deal breaker ASAP.

I know..it's boring, but the Jordan Howard lesson is real...don't use a game or even two as 'proof' of a player being horrible. Sometimes a little patience and mercy is the smart play.

Thanks for the replies. So if u guys only had one spot for a RB this week would u roll with the hot hand ajayi against a. Good d or Ingram coming off the fumble against 49ers d ?

i'm not necessarily right or wrong here, but i won't be looking at him so much at who he is facing, but where he is facing them.

if and when he has a big game on the road, i will rethink this

Ajayi.

He's facing a top ranked run defense, he's not expected to put up huge numbers. So judging him on this game would just be silly. As long as the volume is there, then there is nothing to worry about.

I lean towards this line of thinking. Considering how tough the Jets defense is against the run, it isn't a fair assessment of Ajayi. However, someone should expect him to do something based on how much opportunity he's given. Just not a 200+ yard game.

You have to play him after back to back 200 yard games. I'm currently debating on whether I should bench Gurley or C Mike this week, I have to bench one and Ajayi crossed my mind too. BUT, how do you bench him after 2 performances like that and in the only 2 games where he touched the ball more than 10 times, you gotta ride that until further notice regardless of matchup. i think if he gets 80+ total yards and hoopefully a score then it's a success against the Jets. So should i bench C Mike or Gurley, ha.

I lean towards this line of thinking. Considering how tough the Jets defense is against the run, it isn't a fair assessment of Ajayi. However, someone should expect him to do something based on how much opportunity he's given. Just not a 200+ yard game.

I generally dont think it's fair to expect a 200 yard game even if you're playing the worst run D in the NFL.

it happens sometimes, but quite often it's a case where the offense caught the D with their pants down and they were not expecting the game plan the offense threw at them.

against a good D if he gets 20 carries for 70-90 yards, that's a decent game.

If he gets 6 carries for 8 yards, I'd be concerned.

Just sayin.

• Like 1

I generally dont think it's fair to expect a 200 yard game even if you're playing the worst run D in the NFL.

it happens sometimes, but quite often it's a case where the offense caught the D with their pants down and they were not expecting the game plan the offense threw at them.

against a good D if he gets 20 carries for 70-90 yards, that's a decent game.

If he gets 6 carries for 8 yards, I'd be concerned.

Just sayin.

I think we're on the same page here.

Passed.