Sign in to follow this  
American Chewy

Doug Martin

Was dropped last week in my league as a bye week casualty (still a bad move by that owner considering who he kept). Thinking of bidding heavily as his playoff schedule looks good and thier rb situation is such a mess right now. Thoughts? Any idea when he will be back?

He has not been seen. There's no weird report where some guy saw him jump through some tires or up a hill. I don't trust him to be in shape for real upon his return. He could be walking around looking like Lacy for all we know. It is not unreasonable to start believing that he's not coming back.

But I've been trying to trade for him in a league where I don't have him. I'm holding onto him in another and cannot accept someone else benefitting from him showing up two weeks from now. Supreme rb performances are tough to find on the waiver wire.

Well I'd definitely take a shot at him since he could be big down the stretch. However chances are probably just as good that he never fully returns this year

I've heard he has a shot to make his return this week. I think there's too good of a chance for him to be a monster down the stretch to not make a run for him.

Unicorns and fairies! Douglas Martin has been seen. At a practice. It means little to nothing but at least it is proven that he still exists.

if he's on the wire, there is no doubt he should be rostered.

They may ease him into the lineup over a couple of weeks, so starting him this week is questionable, but I have no doubt, the right move is to try and pick him up.

if you are RB needy and have a playoff spot locked up, then I'd break the bank to get him (if you are on a blind bid system)

Someone dropped Martin in one of my leagues, and I'm on the fence if I should drop Carlos Hyde or Ingram to get him. I have 2-3 other solid backs.

Agree it's a easy choice.

Let Hyde go.

Agree it's a easy choice.

Let Hyde go.

Agree.

Two matchups with the Saints is golden in the FF playoffs (assuming that you make it there,of course).

Maybe I missed something but what makes Martin that much more valuable than Hyde? Seems like their injury status is similar, and Hyde at least put up some decent numbers in the games he has played. Martin meanwhile only averaged 3.4 YPC in the 2 games he actually played in.

Maybe I missed something but what makes Martin that much more valuable than Hyde? Seems like their injury status is similar, and Hyde at least put up some decent numbers in the games he has played. Martin meanwhile only averaged 3.4 YPC in the 2 games he actually played in.

Small sample size. Too small to use for projecting the rest of the year.

you should look at last year's numbers as well.

given his injury status, I wouldnt expect him to be 100% as good as last year (yardage wise), but I wouldnt expect he'd be as bad as he was in the first 2 games either. My guess is he will rush at an 1100-1200 yard per year pace. I also think he cant do worse than the 0.2 TD per game he got last year. So plan on 75 yards per game and 1/3 to 1/2 a TD per game. overall 10 fantasy points per game (give or take)

Martin is the better over all player.

Hyde, and Chip Kelly teams as a whole, tend to go down as the season progresses. And once again, Hyde is suffering from a mysterious injury status. At least Doug is finally looking to be back soon.

Doug usually puts together a crazy string of games that make his season when he can get/stay healthy. And Simms being out of the way makes it even better/more likely to be a good thing if Doug makes it back soon.