Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

Tom Brady and His Status of Always Being On Injury Report

Seems Belichick uses the injury status as a way to try to confuse opponents. Every year especially late in season around this time Brady starts to either have those games that he does nothing in. It has killed me in two fantasy superbowls in last 3 years. So this year I am very weary. I have Matt Ryan as my 2nd QB. (Got him in a trade 4 weeks ago) I am actually going to be playing Ryan for playoff run as I like his schedule better. And Atlanta has more to play for where the Pats are almost getting the #1 or at worst #2 playoff spot.

So the question I have is with Brady supposedly banged up and playing in NY this week without Gronk would you start Ryan? I have been burned to many times by Brady late in season. Thoughts?

Good question.

And good problem.

I would go with Ryan he's at home and I like his matchup.

Good luck .

• Like 1

Gimme Ryan even though he has cooled off a bit in typical Matthew Ice fashion.

Ryan at home is safe. If your team has explosive options in other spots, safe is sweet, right?

Brady anywhere could blow up and make you sad you sat him. This is the risk. But I agree about his late-season shenanigans. And the Pats with their mysterious game to game plans that can vary wildly...especially if Tommy is actually hurting a little later in the season on top of being old. I tend to avoid Brady in season-long because of this annual drama. I'm sad that my tight end problems have led me to being stuck relying on Bennett in one league and Ertz in another..yikes.

Also, you have to assume the jets will try to ugly up the game. If Fitz can just not totally implode, who knows. The only thing: he usually implodes like crazy vs the pats, he's hurt, and the Jets are packed in. Still, Ryan.

He did miss two days of practice, so I would guess this isn't BB games.

Never bench Brady.

Glad I did during his record breaking 2007 season. If I played him that one game no ship.

Glad I did during his record breaking 2007 season. If I played him that one game no ship.

Every year Brady slips in his production week 15-16 and costs owners championships. I have owned him and have been on that short end

Brady took a low shot on his leg during the Seahawks' game, hence the "knee"; though it's not entirely clear if that is the issue. He's playing Sunday no matter what injury status is given. I think the Pats tend to over state an injury rather than try to hide one like other teams do, like the Colts and Packers have done with Luck and Montgomery.

As far as starting Pats' players goes, I just started Bennett in an "ideal" match last week, so you should have an idea of how I feel. I had some luck with Deon Lewis last season but other than him, I don't use Pats' players. I don't think any other teams change (or can change) their game script from week to week so drastically as they do. Just too much uncertainty.

Every year Brady slips in his production week 15-16 and costs owners championships. I have owned him and have been on that short end

Usually they have nothing to play for those weeks. This week the issue is Week 15 they play Denver. If I get to week 15 that's going to be troubling.

Usually they have nothing to play for those weeks. This week the issue is Week 15 they play Denver. If I get to week 15 that's going to be troubling.

That is why I traded for Ryan a few weeks back. I planned on playing Brady all the way thru week 13. But I need to win this week to clinch first place and a first round bye in playoffs. With the Brady playing Jets who always seem to give Brady trouble I am just 2nd guessing starting Brady.

That is why I traded for Ryan a few weeks back. I planned on playing Brady all the way thru week 13. But I need to win this week to clinch first place and a first round bye in playoffs. With the Brady playing Jets who always seem to give Brady trouble I am just 2nd guessing starting Brady.

The issue I see more than anything is the teams the Pats play have no offense so they can't get into a shootout. That division is a joke and should be reshuffled.

Not quite that late in the season yet.

I wouldn't bench Brady for anyone at this point.

He practiced yesterday. He'll be fine.

The issue I see more than anything is the teams the Pats play have no offense so they can't get into a shootout. That division is a joke and should be reshuffled.

The good thing about that though is Bill is notorious for running up the score.

The good thing about that though is Bill is notorious for running up the score.

Yeah but now they can run clock with Blount. Its bad for Brady business.

Yeah but now they can run clock with Blount. Its bad for Brady business.

I agree

Damn I am torn. The one part about playing Ryan that I like is he had cooled off ever since Coleman got hurt, now he is back.

How about Eli against Cleveland vs Brady?

Am going with Brady over Carr and hoping for the best !!

Same dilemna as me. At least they are both 4PM starts.

Fatso Francesca just said Brady is a game time decision.. I'm sure he'll play but maybe not the whole game.

Same dilemna as me. At least they are both 4PM starts.

Fatso Francesca just said Brady is a game time decision.. I'm sure he'll play but maybe not the whole game.

Just need the awful Jets to score a TD early.

I also have Brady and Ryan, Arz is #2 vs the pass, so doesn't appear to be a great match up for Ryan, although he's been pretty darn good this year. I will probably stick with Brady and pick up Garoppolo just in case. :)

With Coleman back, I can see Atlanta running more with both RB's healthy.

Brady looks horrible, I should have started Ryan WTF. At least I still am winning but I am in running for most points so I need as much as I can get

Well his knee is obviously bothering him. So idk how you can just lump that in with being on the decline. Wilson's knee came back to normal so Brady should too. Until then I guess we just hope he connects on some of the deep throws he has just missed on

Brady on the decline for sure. Whats up with Gronk again now?

So this decline started when?

When you fell off his nuts. Lol

I understand that you get excited with this homo stuff but not everyone shares in your gay fantasies "Sausage" :rolleyes: