One second... this is the most decentralized asset in the world.

Next second... the pseudonym that invented bitcoin is now in a position to rule the world, and if bitcoin were to become a mainstream currency, he could use those assets to manipulate the world economy.  Hellz Yeah!  To the moon!#!@#@!

21 minutes ago, nobody said:

One second... this is the most decentralized asset in the world.

Next second... the pseudonym that invented bitcoin is now in a position to rule the world, and if bitcoin were to become a mainstream currency, he could use those assets to manipulate the world economy.  Hellz Yeah!  To the moon!#!@#@!

You misunderstand bitcoin. The amount you hold does not change your influence over the protocol. That's what decentralized means. You think that bitcoin needs to be perfectly distributed to be fair. That's wokeism, not a free marker.

I thought I swapped my ETH for SOL at a good time. But it could have been better.Oh well

Polkadot has fallen behind Solana and Etherum. Theta is making a big play for AI and starting to move. And of course, Cardano is Cardano.

Now that I have everything safely tucked away here is my portfolio:

bitcoin (BTC)BitcoinBTC
62%
ethereum (ETH)EthereumETH
14%
solana (SOL)SolanaSOL
13%
theta network (THETA)Theta NetworkTHETA
4%
cardano (ADA)CardanoADA
2%
polkadot (DOT)PolkadotDOT
2%
theta fuel (TFUEL)Theta FuelTFUEL
1%
bonk (BONK)BonkBONK
.5%
snek (SNEK)SnekSNEK
.5%
thetadrop (TDROP)ThetaDropTDROP

coq inu (COQ)Coq InuCOQ

kimbo (KIMBO)KimboKIMBO

lavita (LAVITA)LavitaLAVITA

ribbit (RBT)RIBBITRBT

myro ($MYRO)Myro$MYRO

chonky (CHONKY)CHONKYCHONKY

I also have two very large positions in two BTC mining companies: CleanSpark and Core Scientific.

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

You misunderstand bitcoin. The amount you hold does not change your influence over the protocol. That's what decentralized means. You think that bitcoin needs to be perfectly distributed to be fair. That's wokeism, not a free marker.

I'm talking about economics.  I've owned Bitcoin since before you knew it existed.

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

I'm talking about economics.  I've owned Bitcoin since before you knew it existed.

You have owned it for that long, and you still don't understand how it works? Interesting.

7 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

You have owned it for that long, and you still don't understand how it works? Interesting.

I literally was explaining to you three years ago why everything you thought you knew was wrong.  And you called me dumb back then too.

I remember explaining here that the lightening network doesn't really solve anything, and you kept telling me it was the key to everything.  Now you finally caught up.  Congrats, but I've understood this for a long time.  In fact, when you guys were all saying it was going to replace fiat as a currency, I was telling you that wouldn't happen.  Now, you're the last one here that still believes it.  

You're like the embodiment of dunning-kruger.

Bitcoin etfs broke their day 1 trading record volume. That's not a typical occurrence. Something is happening. I wonder what's going to happen to the price as the year goes on. 🤔 

Will the price be lower? Higher? Or much higher?

36 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Bitcoin etfs broke their day 1 trading record volume. That's not a typical occurrence. Something is happening. I wonder what's going to happen to the price as the year goes on. 🤔 

Will the price be lower? Higher? Or much higher?

🌜

• Like 1

My account just set some new highs.  SOL and BTC are leading the way.  

On 11/21/2022 at 3:11 PM, easilyscan said:

I only have a very basic understanding of how cryptocurrency works, and more importantly, how it would be advantageous to society ? When it comes to investing in crypto, I know even less.   I'd appreciate it if someone here could answer the following questions.

1: If I decided I wanted to invest, would MicroStrategy (MSTR) be a good way to do so ?

DAYUM !!

MicroStrategy was $157 the day I posted that. I finally bought, but not until it hit $400

Today

796.48 +109.04 (+15.86%)
At close: 04:00PM EST
808.00 +11.52 (+1.45%)
After hours: 08:00PM EST

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Holy shlt are you guys watching this right now?!

Do you just hit refresh on the Bitcoin val screen all day?  If you're never selling why does matter?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nobody said:

Do you just hit refresh on the Bitcoin val screen all day?  If you're never selling why does matter?

I hit it a few times a day. If it's ripping and I'm not busy, I will watch the chart more. I think it's fun to watch my net worth go up so fast.

I may sell some eventually. I never plan on selling all of it though.

7 hours ago, easilyscan said:

DAYUM !!

MicroStrategy was $157 the day I posted that. I finally bought, but not until it hit $400

Today

796.48 +109.04 (+15.86%)
At close: 04:00PM EST
808.00 +11.52 (+1.45%)
After hours: 08:00PM EST

Good call on MS. It's going to out perform bitcoin until the market finds its equilibrium with its bitcoin holdings.

Now imagine if every other company did the same thing, bought some bitcoin and put it on their balance sheet. Why didn't they? A massive mistake by them. Now they may realize that bitcoin being on the balance sheet makes them even more valuable. Once that happens, it won't be otc desks selling only to etfs. 

Now think of what's happening with El Salvador. They have bitcoin on their balance sheet. Imagine what happens when another nation state decides they should have bitcoin in their treasury as well.

• Like 1

The microstrategy treasury grew by over $1 billion yesterday. One day. Simply by holding bitcoin in their treasury. When will other companies realize that issuing more stock for bitcoin has an outsized return?

When will a nation state realize that printing money for bitcoin is a cheat code?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Watching what?

The bitcoin price. Moving up nicely after hours.

Oh and if you don't buy any pawswap, you are going to really wish you listened to me on that one. I think 10,000x is definitely in play from here. That would put the MC at $90B. It sounds like pawswap may have actual utility, unlike other crypto projects that have approached the $100b market cap in the past.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The bitcoin price. Moving up nicely after hours.

Oh and if you don't buy any pawswap, you are going to really wish you listened to me on that one. I think 10,000x is definitely in play from here. That would put the MC at $90B. It sounds like pawswap may have actual utility, unlike other crypto projects that have approached the $100b market cap in the past.

What's Bitcoin?  Pawswap?  Like a dog or something?

There should be one more major correction before we launch.

I'm certain of this but I still won't sell.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

There should be one more major correction before we launch.

I'm certain of this but I still won't sell.

Typically get a correction before the halving. Not a good time to play with fire though.

Today I'm wishing I bought more. But I did what I could with the money I had. I thought about taking out a loan when BTC was 17k bought didn't. Instead I just kept DCAing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Today I'm wishing I bought more. But I did what I could with the money I had. I thought about taking out a loan when BTC was 17k bought didn't. Instead I just kept DCAing.

Yeah its hard knowing something is guaranteed to pump and not having as much cash as we would like to buy more. It is what it is though. Better than 0.

How many people are going to sit on the sidelines of this bull wondering why they didn't get into crypto sooner? This is the time to load up bags. Before the real pumps start

Pawswap is going to be parabolic

3 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yeah its hard knowing something is guaranteed to pump and not having as much cash as we would like to buy more. It is what it is though. Better than 0.

How many people are going to sit on the sidelines of this bull wondering why they didn't get into crypto sooner? This is the time to load up bags. Before the real pumps start

Pawswap is going to be parabolic

My bags are loaded. I've stopped DCAing. I'm ready for lift-off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, nobody said:

There's always credit cards.

I'm not taking on that kind of leverage. I'm good where I'm at.

Bitcoin is hitting an ath against multiple first world currencies today. I wonder if that's considered signal or noise. 🤔 

With rate cuts on the horizon, I'd expect there to be a nice runway.  Speculation season is open again.  $80k would make sense to me.

21 minutes ago, nobody said:

With rate cuts on the horizon, I'd expect there to be a nice runway.  Speculation season is open again.  $80k would make sense to me.

Are there going to be rare cuts? I heard that the Fed may not cut, even though the market is expecting them. Inflation stickier than they expected.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nobody said:

I'm thinking 160-240 this cycle

The street is anticipating 5 or 6 cuts over the next few years.  I'm more in the camp of they'll make 2-3 cuts.

👀 

Two people have told me in the last day that it's too late to buy bitcoin. Lol ok. You have spent a grand total of 0 hours researching it to come to this conclusion.

On 1/23/2024 at 1:57 PM, WhiteWonder said:

you're one of the few, if not the only very pro crypto poster whose opinion I respect. 90sbaby to a degree. 

Let's say you're a trader like me. What 2-3 buys would you make now, or in the very near future to take advantage of a runup to the halving? (April, right?)

Would you simply go BTC?... do you think ETH would come along for the ride almost in lock step? any merit to a miner like CIFR at a low price point with easy 2x-3x potential?  SOL, even though I would need to trade that via coinbase and incur more fees than something I can buy "shares" of on robinhood/etrade?  

Open to any suggestions (along with my own research)

On 1/23/2024 at 2:18 PM, Cdub100 said:

Thank you and I appreciate that. Nobody is perfect and I've made some pretty bad calls along with some really good ones too.
To answer your question past bull runs typically go like this:
1. BTC goes up
2. Followed by L1s (Eth, SOL, DOT, ADA, Cosmos, AVAX etc...)
3. Then L2s
4. And finally the meme coins.
That's not to say some will go up out of order BONK PEPE comes to mind. 

Would you simply go BTC?... do you think ETH would come along for the ride almost in lock step?
- 40% BTC, 30% L1s, 10% Other coins, 20% cash to buy dips. Yes, eth will follow along but I like Solana right now. SOL is ETH in early 2019 IMO. This is how I structure my portfolio

any merit to a miner like CIFR at a low price point with easy 2x-3x potential?
- Yes miners can 3-5x this bull run. I hold a lot of CORE and CLSK. My concern with miners is the BTC ETF could take away from their investment base.

SOL, even though I would need to trade that via coinbase and incur more fees than something I can buy "shares" of on robinhood/etrade?

- Look into a bridge like
https://jup.ag/
You can swap ETH for SOL. There might be less fees to buy ETH and swap to SOL Otherwise just buy on Coinbase.

As far as Robinhood I like AVAX/ETH/BTC

Always move your coins into a cold wallet and don't forget to take profits. 

I ended up purchasing 1 BTC and 4.5 ETH. I failed to buy into CIFR even though I told myself to pull the trigger if it fell below 2.50, which I believe it did around the time we were speaking and it promptly ran up over 4.00 which was my prediction (since it seems to be trading in that pattern), oh well. 

Also did not get into SOL because I simply didn't feel like going back into my coinbase account. My purchases were all on RH. 

Thanks again for the discussion :cheers:

• Haha 1

Let's get these baggz. 💰 B)