Bulls are waiting for BTC to get knocked down to $60k and then it will pop back up.  There is way more demand for the Bitcoin ETFs and there is just too much money flowing into the ETFs not to push the price of BTC up.   

I still think we're looking at 95k in the next few months, but I'm wondering if the ETFs have pre bought Bitcoin so they can make additional profit.

In other words, I'm wondering if they've loaded up on Bitcoin in the 40k-50k range with the expectation that they can then sell it to the ETF buyers at market price which they expect to be higher.  

I'm not even sure if that's legal, and it kind of dìcks over the ETF buyers, but I'm trying to understand how it would just hit a wall if inflows are still steady.

The only other option is that inflation fears are flaring up again.

I know a popular perspective is Bitcoin is a hedge against inflation, but if that was the case, it would trade proportionate to inflation numbers.  It's shown over the last couple of years though that it trades inversely to inflation.  In other words, when inflation flares up, crypto takes a beating, and when inflation tamps down, crypto moves up.

It's a BLOODBATH!!!!

• Like 1

I think Bitcoin is just a pump and dump scheme. People with a lot of money, the whales, buy low and their investment encourages the rest of the world to buy in, increasing the value and then the whales sell as soon as it goes up. I bet it's a predictable formula...it's been going on like this for years. 

This is why it's hard to respect frozenbeernuts.  When it's going up, he's on here everyday posting dumb emojis and stupid comments wondering if random shìt is bullish.  We get a pullback and he's no where to be found.

And when this short term pullback reverses, he'll be right back in here posting eyeballs again, but come on and celebrate the buying opp.  Don't just post when it's up.

19 minutes ago, nobody said:

This is why it's hard to respect frozenbeernuts.  When it's going up, he's on here everyday posting dumb emojis and stupid comments wondering if random shìt is bullish.  We get a pullback and he's no where to be found.

And when this short term pullback reverses, he'll be right back in here posting eyeballs again, but come on and celebrate the buying opp.  Don't just post when it's up.

I bought some Bitcoin ETF in both my IRAs

1 hour ago, peenie said:

I think Bitcoin is just a pump and dump scheme. People with a lot of money, the whales, buy low and their investment encourages the rest of the world to buy in, increasing the value and then the whales sell as soon as it goes up. I bet it's a predictable formula...it's been going on like this for years. 

Crypto is to money like the internet is to information.  Fiat money is a horrendous system which produces debt which can never be repaid.   Fiat currency has enslaved us and is why every country is drowning it debt.  Crypto provides a means to control the money supply without needlessly creating endless debt.  It also provides a means to much more efficiently transmit payments and can be made far more secure.  

On 3/17/2024 at 8:07 PM, edjr said:

bloodbath

:o 

6 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

It's a BLOODBATH!!!!

focking copycat

1 hour ago, edjr said:

focking copycat

It's a COPYCAT!!!!

On 3/19/2024 at 10:41 AM, jonmx said:

Bulls are waiting for BTC to get knocked down to $60k and then it will pop back up.  There is way more demand for the Bitcoin ETFs and there is just too much money flowing into the ETFs not to push the price of BTC up.   

$60,770...then up to $64,000.   I think the pullback has ended.  

On 3/19/2024 at 3:36 PM, nobody said:

exactly this. I think BTC and a lot of crypto can be great money making investments. I wish my first purchase of BTC had been many years ago rather than a few months ago :dunno:.  BTC is still doing great but that guy, who claims to be the most knowledgeable poster when it comes to BTC, only comes around to do his routine when it's climbing. 

Based on the way he used to post about work, life in general, lack of money, moving to cheaper areas etc and the time frame when he began participating strongly in this thread... i'd honestly be surprised if he owns much bitcoin at all. I hope he does. I hope he's making a killing... but I also wouldn't be surprised if he owns 0 or just recently got above water from purchases at the last round of ATH's. 

Anyone in crypto for long-term should not flinch at a 20 percent pullback.   That is more of a concern for day traders.  

Name 3 coins you guys recommend to buy if I  have a spare $500 to spend. (Not Bitcoin or Ethereum.)

33 minutes ago, peenie said:

Name 3 coins you guys recommend to buy if I  have a spare $500 to spend. (Not Bitcoin or Ethereum.)

My most profitable coin by far has been SOL.  It is on the way of passing ETH in market cap.  ICP has the best utility to do everything efficiently, could become huge.  Cardano (ADA) is solid. 

6 hours ago, jonmx said:

My most profitable coin by far has been SOL.  It is on the way of passing ETH in market cap.  ICP has the best utility to do everything efficiently, could become huge.  Cardano (ADA) is solid. 

Thank you!!

I'm always a little bummed when I see this thread isn't active because, when I see that big beautiful pink F in the reply window, I know that means Bitcoin must've moved at least 5%.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Normie money has been collected. Sell now.

Let's see if this is a great call.

BTC @ $62,800

SOL @ $170

On 3/21/2024 at 2:16 PM, nobody said:

I'm always a little bummed when I see this thread isn't active because, when I see that big beautiful pink F in the reply window, I know that means Bitcoin must've moved at least 5%.

👀 

My dog took a shit this morning. I wonder if this is a bullish sign? 🤔 

40 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

That is so smart.  I am up over 100 percent so far this year.   How are you doing?

2 hours ago, jonmx said:

That is so smart.  I am up over 100 percent so far this year.   How are you doing?

on just my btc and eth? pretty good

my jokes are separate from my actual investment stances :dunno:

It's over. Bitcoin is dead... again.

On 3/22/2024 at 2:24 PM, iam90sbaby said:

On 3/22/2024 at 3:55 PM, jonmx said:

BTC @ $62,800

SOL @ $170

BTC @ 66,800

SOL @ 183

7 percent in two days.   

It's just a consolidation.  March to $95 will commence shortly.

I have built a decent position in ICP and it is starting to take off.  Now my third largest holding behind SOL and BTC.  Currently sitting at $15.25.  

Only a percent or two more and we should see frozenbeernuts' triumphant return. 👀

• Haha 2

I'm sick of polkadot. I've only stuck around because there were some meme coin airdrops coming but of course, those projects like $DED rugged everyone only distributing 5% instead of 100%. I was looking at $Pink but I can't use polkadot to buy it. I have to use the test chain moonbeam.

Staking DOT sucks too. The APY is high which tells me there is massive inflation. Plus there is a 30 day lock period. Not to mention you have to have like 700+ dot to stake from your cold wallet or you don't earn rewards. Sure I could join a pool but I learned my lesson with Celsius the hard way.

I'm going to sell my DOT and buy more SOL at some point. The chain while cheap and fast isn't being used. After this cycle it could go the way of dygibyte

👀

On 3/24/2024 at 4:08 PM, jonmx said:

I have built a decent position in ICP and it is starting to take off.  Now my third largest holding behind SOL and BTC.  Currently sitting at $15.25.  

ICP already knocking on the door of $20.  Average cost was $13.  Nearly 50 percent in less than a week.  

On 3/22/2024 at 4:18 PM, WhiteWonder said:

Turns out, it was. 

On 3/22/2024 at 2:24 PM, iam90sbaby said:

On 3/22/2024 at 3:55 PM, jonmx said:

BTC @ $62,800

SOL @ $170

Right now....

BTC @ 71,000

Sol @ $196

Up 13% and 15% in a bit over 3 days.

I sold all my Dot today. I just don't like the Ecosystem for the reason mentioned above. Going to buy more SOL and meme coins.

sell :banana: sell :banana: sell :banana: 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

sell :banana: sell :banana: sell :banana: 

I bought Costco Hotdog on SOL

On 3/26/2024 at 1:59 PM, Cdub100 said:

I bought Costco Hotdog on SOL

🌭🌭🌭

:banana: