Sign in to follow this  
The PosterFormerlyKnownAs

How do you spend: Credit v debit v cash?

Im pretty old school. I have way too much cash on me most times.

At my golf course if I am just grabbing a cart in the pro shop....I am throwing cash down. I am not holding up everyone with a CC.

In high school I worked at a golf course and the focking canadians would come down in groups of say 20 and everyone focking one would use a card. It took forever. The rare times they would be decent enough to have 1 guy pay and everyone throw cash at the dude later....id give them a discount just for using their head.

I went a restaurant with a group that did this recently. They wanted to pay with 9 credit cards. I wanted to go home before midnight, so I gave them their cards back and asked them to pay me their share when they had the cash. Especially since chips became a thing, cc are slow.

Poor people's "credit card"

Sad

Do people really believe this? I used to use debit all the time, until I read they offered less fraud protection. And they sometimes require an extra step when you swipe them.

Do people really believe this? I used to use debit all the time, until I read they offered less fraud protection. And they sometimes require an extra step when you swipe them.

Yeah, it's actually the opposite of a "Poor people's "credit card""; you actually have to have the money in the bank to use it.

i have viewed it as a quicker substitute for a check. my wife uses hers frequently.

No one thinks that. Debit cards are perfectly normal and routine part of everyday society for every person I've ever met. It's just money from your checking account. Using credit for everything is fine, but a lot of people overspend and don't pay it off right away.

Credit = 60%

Debit = 0%

Cash = 40%

I am too lazy to look up the rules, but I buy all of my regular stuff with credit card (pay it off each month). I never use debit. The cash includes cash and bank payments (mortgage, car, etc.), so I might be off based on my definition.