Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Ellitot's appeal likely to be August 29

This whole thing bothers me. I don't like Elliott, at all. But I also don't like to see dictatorial punishment handed out just because they can. The law and their own investigator no billed it, but Herr Goodell dictated six games out of the blue. Then had his crony confirm it. Just ridiculous and completely un-American. I don't like this guy, but I dislike injustice even more. This is dirty.

Ok. So most of you dont like the fact that he was suspended. Most of you dont like it because he wasnt convicted by the US court system. There are plenty of reasons that someone may not be convicted. But aside from that, if you truly want employers not to be able to fire or suspend their employees at their own discretion, I suggest you start by fighting it at the places where you work. Start local, then build a legal and political movement outward from where you are in life. If you dont do this, then you truly dont care that much about it.

Also, you may want to tell Elliot to stop putting himself in crap situations if you care about him so much.

Ok. So most of you dont like the fact that he was suspended. Most of you dont like it because he wasnt convicted by the US court system. There are plenty of reasons that someone may not be convicted. But aside from that, if you truly want employers not to be able to fire or suspend their employees at their own discretion, I suggest you start by fighting it at the places where you work. Start local, then build a legal and political movement outward from where you are in life. If you dont do this, then you truly dont care that much about it.

Cool - then eliminate Kia Roberts' position and job, immediately.. Clearly she's not needed, clearly they're going to do whatever the hell they want. Never mind actually speaking to the accusers, never mind interview notes, never mind official reports and never mind recommendations.

Cool - then eliminate Kia Roberts' position and job, immediately.. Clearly she's not needed, clearly they're going to do whatever the hell they want. Never mind actually speaking to the accusers, never mind interview notes, never mind official reports and never mind recommendations.

Im not her boss. So no. And is she a government employee?

Seriously, I have in the past given analysis and suggestions at my job that my bosses chose differently or partially. Oh well, right or wrong, its their business.

Im not her boss. So no. And is she a government employee?

I don't know.

What I do know is that the lead investigator, the only one to actually interview the accuser, was not only ignored - but she wasn't even invited to attend/speak at the deciding meeting, nor were her notes or report part of appeal process... What I do know is that 4 people (including the Commish), and an Arbitrator, all decided a player's fate (and reputation) w/out any regard for the lead investigator's findings, or due process for that matter.... That's what I do know.

I don't know.

What I do know is that the lead investigator, the only one to actually interview the accuser, was not only ignored - but she wasn't even invited to attend/speak at the deciding meeting, nor were her notes or report part of appeal process... What I do know is that 4 people (including the Commish), and an Arbitrator, all decided a player's fate (and reputation) w/out any regard for the lead investigator's findings, or due process for that matter.... That's what I do know.

So what? She was an employee or hired consultant. They dont need to agree with her input.

So what? She was an employee. They dont need to agree with her input.

Nor do they need her - like I said, might as well eliminate the position.

And what we also know, is that elliot has been in tons of crap by his own doing. Any company has the right to suspend for that reason only. Period.

Nor do they need her - like I said, might as well eliminate the position.

Probably so. Haha. Like I said earlier, this is the entertainment industry, not policy making.

Probably so. Haha. Like I said earlier, this is the entertainment industry, not policy making.

True there for sure.

True there for sure.

I seriously think that fantasy football will be so much more fun now that this is over. Well, maybe in a day or two from now... :)

I seriously think that fantasy football will be so much more fun now that this is over. Well, maybe in a day or two from now... :)

I did FF for 22 years - most of that as a Commish.. Of course back then it was all manual - my entire Sunday morning (when I was usually on the golf course) was spent dealing with frantic owners trying to reach me to make moves - it was miserable.

I get the excitement and allure of FF, especially for younger guys. But at near 48, I've been out for years,I don't miss it a bit.

Wow!!! Thanks for the info lesjroza. Link is worth the read.

Lisa Friel will be looking for a new job soon. Sounds like Lisa and Roberts had a little cat fight.

For all of the Goodell bashers, in fairness, he was not truthfully informed to make this decision. He trusted Lisa Friel to speak on the behalf of the lead investigator on this case.

Now Zeke and his lawyer Jeffrey Kessler(who represented Brady) have a different case to bring before a real court.

This has always smelled fishy.

I think you are dreaming. Lisa Friel did what Goodell wants. She will be fine. might even get a bonus.

What Goodell just did opens up the possibility of blackmail on all NFL players, coaches and employees.

If all it takes is an "allegation" to getting someone fired and suspended, what's stopping a 1 dollar off the street gay hooker to call the police and say Tom Brady got a BJ and refuse to pay him. He also beat him up after. Take a few picture of bruises and BINGO!

There's really no difference between what i said and the Elliott case. Elliott was never charged nor convicted of a crime. The girl that was involved is found to be shady as hell.

• Like 1

NFL has painted Elliott as some bad dude but folks...have anyone read the reports out there?

There are HARD evidence (series of text between accuser and her friend) talking about blackmailing Elliott. This chick isn't your Sunday church goer.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-ezekiel-elliotts-accuser-suggested-blackmailing-cowboys-rb-with-sex-tapes/

"reports that it contains a series of texts between Elliott's accuser, Tiffany Thompson, and a friend in which they discuss the possibility of blackmailing Elliott with videos of Elliott and Thompson having sex."

I think you are dreaming. Lisa Friel did what Goodell wants. She will be fine. might even get a bonus.

At the very least, Rog should upgrade her Giants' season tickets...

What Goodell just did opens up the possibility of blackmail on all NFL players, coaches and employees.

If all it takes is an "allegation" to getting someone fired and suspended, what's stopping a 1 dollar off the street gay hooker to call the police and say Tom Brady got a BJ and refuse to pay him. He also beat him up after. Take a few picture of bruises and BINGO!

There's really no difference between what i said and the Elliott case. Elliott was never charged nor convicted of a crime. The girl that was involved is found to be shady as hell.

Ok. But they can still suspend him. He's can't keep a clean image. My God, how does David Johnson and other stars do it? Well, maybe Elliot should ask them....