Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Ellitot's appeal likely to be August 29

I think I have figured out the source of Seafoams delusions. He is under the impression that the league is suspending Elliot for all the little transgressions he has had. The speeding ticket, the fight etc. He doesn't understand that the suspension is solely based on the accusation of domestic violence and nothing else. The very act that has been recently proven to be a web of lies by the accuser, hence Elliot's innocence in my eyes.

I think I have figured out the source of Seafoams delusions. He is under the impression that the league is suspending Elliot for all the little transgressions he has had. The speeding ticket, the fight etc. He doesn't understand that the suspension is solely based on the accusation of domestic violence and nothing else. The very act that has been recently proven to be a web of lies by the accuser, hence Elliot's innocence in my eyes.

If you don't think that Elliot's history comes in to play here, that's fine. But in court, the defendant is also judged upon their character and their past transgressions whether you like that or not, it's just the way it is. Even if this is just NFL court, which by the way, is what we are talking about now. Not federal or state court, although I'm sure he will be back to visit them again in the future given his character.

You know man, you can go ahead and stick up for all the thugs based upon a liberal philosophy that is played out through the media all you want. But that doesn't change the fact that some people are negatively affected in life by these thugs and their activities.

Valid points but a player doesn't actually have to be charged with a crime in order for the league to suspend them. This is where people keep mixing the two. The legal system and the NFL need to be thought of completely differently. Just ignore the legal system when thinking about how the NFL handles cases like this.

The court of Goodell rules the league!

When did the NFLPA hand their collective genitalia to Goodell?

"Article 46" is the driving force behind this all.

Article 46 was agreed to and signed into law back during the last CBA agreement (2011). This one article (basically) gives the Commissioner sole discretion, and full authority, to do whatever the hell he wants. Article 46 gives Goodell absolute power to punish players for anything he deems unbecoming and detrimental to the league... Proof, evidence, facts - they all mean nothing. If the Commissioner feels a wrong has been committed, all he has to do is say so - and punish according to his mood that day.

"Article 46" is the driving force behind this all.

Article 46 was agreed to and signed into law back during the last CBA agreement (2011). This one article (basically) gives the Commissioner sole discretion, and full authority, to do whatever the hell he wants. Article 46 gives Goodell absolute power to punish players for anything he deems unbecoming and detrimental to the league... Proof, evidence, facts - they all mean nothing. If the Commissioner feels a wrong has been committed, all he has to do is say so - and punish according to his mood that day.

It is as simple as what Cruzer says. This is not a social government program. It is a hardcore business that has the right to do what it wants and has put it's trust in Goodell to execute a plan to help keep the NFL as successful as it is. And if image is what they are focusing on, then so be it. It is their company and their choice of sales pitch. If you don't like it, boycott.

And I can guarantee that none of you are angry enough about the Elliott case to stop watching the NFL or playing fantasy football.

Remember folks, this is an entertainment industry. It is no different than casting roles in movies and television shows. Or writing in new characters or writing out old characters in long running series/movies.

Those billionaire team owners didn't become rich off the game because they strap shoulder pads on week after week. You think they're putting their pretty little heads in a helmet and risking CTE and permanent, physical and mental disability from their jobs?

They want their cake, want to eat it and lick the batter out of the mixing bowl. Then they want Goodell to tell everyone who gets cake, how much cake, and whether some people are allowed in the bakery when it is the players who make it so cake is even possible.

At some point the players need to say enough is enough. A lot of people (including union leadership) are making money hand over fist on their labor. Maybe it's time for the players to strike a hard line at the next CBA session.

Goodell's overreach the past few years shows he is incapable of handling the powers Article 46 give him.

I'm not angry about Elliot--I don't know what happened. I think six games is ridiculous. I think Josh Gordon having drinks on a plane with teammates after the season was over shouldn't have earned him a suspension, it was a gotcha! That's BS. It's like Goodell and the owners have this plantation mentality that they know what is best.

Elliot probably deserves a suspension. Just not six games.

• Like 1

Those billionaire team owners didn't become rich off the game because they strap shoulder pads on week after week. You think they're putting their pretty little heads in a helmet and risking CTE and permanent, physical and mental disability from their jobs?

They want their cake, want to eat it and lick the batter out of the mixing bowl. Then they want Goodell to tell everyone who gets cake, how much cake, and whether some people are allowed in the bakery when it is the players who make it so cake is even possible.

At some point the players need to say enough is enough. A lot of people (including union leadership) are making money hand over fist on their labor. Maybe it's time for the players to strike a hard line at the next CBA session.

Goodell's overreach the past few years shows he is incapable of handling the powers Article 46 give him.

I'm not angry about Elliot--I don't know what happened. I think six games is ridiculous. I think Josh Gordon having drinks on a plane with teammates after the season was over shouldn't have earned him a suspension, it was a gotcha! That's BS. It's like Goodell and the owners have this plantation mentality that they know what is best.

Elliot probably deserves a suspension. Just not six games.

You have every right to feel that way. And you have a right to choose not to work for that company because in your eyes they have bad labor practice. Those who work for the NFL have every opportunity to choose a different path.

There are probably people on this website that could have competed for a job in the NFL. But seriously, these people know the dangers of being a player, an underwater welder, a deep sea fisherman, etc... But they do it because they like either the work itself or the money it produces. These are known risks.

And again, this is an entertainment industry, they are not fighting Iraqi troops to help keep others from tyranny governments.

Get over it. Don't take the job if you don't want to get hurt.

Who was the lineman a couple years back who quit in his rookie season because of his concern about brain damage in the long run? How do players not think of this?

If you were to argue that this sport should be outlawed due to physical violence, I would think that is a better argument although I would not agree with it.

And seriously, I believe we need to stop putting people down because they are successful and make a lot of money and produce an amazing entertainment experience. And I'm not talking about the players although I don't think they are struggling with their bills unless they are spending like idiots which many have done before.

This is not a good way to preach. You need to speak directly about which owners you are referring to and what they did and/or are doing. Many Billionaires are self made and have worked equal to or harder in life than NFL players. Some of them have overcome extreme obstacles within family structure and business bias. So stop this attack unless you are specific in your aggression. I don't know personally a lot of people who have started a massive business structure that pays 100s of employees millions upon millions of dollars as well as giving them social fame and future opportunity once they are finished with their job requirements.

If they are soooo neglected in their job, then they can do something else. We do live in that day and age now. My God, if you can put on your job application that you were drafted into the NFL, then you are getting a chance in that company above others who may deserve it more. That is status in our country.

I'm not upset because the owners are billionaires, that's great. They make billions off the labor of the players was what I was saying.

I paint them all with the same brush because they are the ones who hire and pay Goodell. They are the only 32 people he is beholden to, and are the only ones who can rein him in.

I'm not upset because the owners are billionaires, that's great. They make billions off the labor of the players was what I was saying.

I paint them all with the same brush because they are the ones who hire and pay Goodell. They are the only 32 people he is beholden to, and are the only ones who can rein him in.

I truly get your point. I just think its more how they want to market their product is why he is there. Seriously, I think it was Madonna or some other entertainer that started the all news is good news. It keeps people like us talking about it.

This is seriously like Game of Thrones only x1 trillion

• Like 1

Ok. I see your approach. I missed a comma. Go ahead and prey on spelling and punctuation when all logic is lost in your argument. And I suppose 'dipshit' is a word in the dictionary that a teacher should be using and is actually not in the dictionary.

No, that's not it at all.

I wrote: "I admitted that?" See the question mark? Go back up and look at my unedited post. You then changed it to a period, and acted as if I said that I admitted it. See the difference?

I have actually complete avoided mentioning your complete inability to craft coherent sentences. You brought that up yourself here. Defensive at all?

But really, you're clearly a proven liar, that's been established. You're just finding new ways to lie. But you're not even good at it. You're a failed liar. A liar and a failure. Charming, I'm sure.

Holy crap brotherbock. I believe you just got schooled by seafoam1. haaha. Sorry to laugh, but it seems appropriate under the circumstances. A school teacher cutting someone down for their punctuation and in the message you misspelled some words and used questionable English. Holy-moli dude, How did you get through high school and actually get a job?. Both in logic and grammar you suck....... Hahahahahah. Sorry dude. But this is funny.

I was correcting his replacing of my question mark with a period. I wasn't 'cutting someone' (what does that mean?) for missed commas or missed words. I wrote a question mark, he replaced it with a period. Because he's a liar.

See what's going on? Do try to keep up.

A whole lot of truth to this. The owners like Goodell as an attack dog that they can blame things on when the players get upset, but that they can set loose on players when the fans and public get upset. The fan doesn't buy tickets from Goodell, the fan buys tickets from the team and owner. So if Goodell punishes your favorite player 'unjustly', you'll still go buy tickets from the team. If the team was doing the punishing, they'd stand more chance of losing your money.

The owners want him in there, they like how much of a hard a$$ he is. He wouldn't have a job if they didn't want him to.

• Like 1

A whole lot of truth to this. The owners like Goodell as an attack dog that they can blame things on when the players get upset, but that they can set loose on players when the fans and public get upset. The fan doesn't buy tickets from Goodell, the fan buys tickets from the team and owner. So if Goodell punishes your favorite player 'unjustly', you'll still go buy tickets from the team. If the team was doing the punishing, they'd stand more chance of losing your money.

The owners want him in there, they like how much of a hard a$$ he is. He wouldn't have a job if they didn't want him to.

It's just the image they want man. It's their choice. If you or I don't like it, we can start a fantasy bowling league. You can have Earl Anthony and I'll take Mark Roth.

If you want to keep the race thing going, you can have George Branham. But I wouldn't mind drafting him myself.

It's just the image they want man. It's their choice. If you or I don't like it, we can start a fantasy bowling league. You can have Earl Anthony and I'll take Mark Roth.

Roth is retired, you can't fool me.

I agree with you here, it really is the image. A perfect world for the owners is for them to scare the players into behaving, but not lose players to suspensions. And for Goodell to do all the scaring, and for the public to say 'yay, we love the league'. I'll play fantasy ball, but I don't really give the league much of my money at all. They have enough.

(See dude, if you back off on all the hostility, you can be a guy everyone else can have convos with.)

You can't make this stuff up

The lead investigator for the NFL recommended no suspension for Elliott. Not only that but her recommendation never made the final report AND she was barred from the final hearing to determine discipline. No idea what happened in this he - said, she said but it sounds like the NFL completley corrupted the process they set up to determine discipline.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article170603722.html

Excerpt

"Roberts recommended no suspension for Elliott following her interviews with Thompson during the investigation _ a fact she testified to during the appeals hearing with Henderson, according to a source.

Roberts’ no discipline recommendation is the main reason Cowboys owner Jerry Jones expressed so much confidence in Elliott not being suspended before the initial decision and is the likely the source of his anger since the NFL announced the suspension on Aug. 11.

Jones was told there would be no suspension by a top NFL executive, according to a source.

But Roberts’ recommendation never made it into the NFL’s final report and the official suspension letter on Aug. 11, which cited the league’s findings of three instances of domestic violence by Elliott against Thompson based on the victim’s testimony and photographic evidence.

Even more troubling is that when NFL commissioner Roger Goodell conducted a meeting to discuss discipline for Elliott, it included Lisa Friel, the senior vice president for investigations, Jeff Pash, executive vice president and general counsel and Adolpho Birch, senior vice president of labor policy and government affairs, among others.

But Roberts was not at the meeting, where Friel recommended a six-game suspension to Goodell.

It was testified during the appeal hearing that Friel barred Roberts from the meeting, per a source.

It’s those failures of the process that Elliott and the NFLPA attacked during the appeal hearing and plan to exploit if they have to go to federal court to seek a temporary injunction.

That Roberts’ recommendation never made it into the report and she was not involved in the decision making, even though she ran point on the fact finding with the accuser, are trap doors that could come back to haunt the NFL if this goes to federal court.

Now, the ball is in Henderson’s court."

Sounds like the whole investigation was for show and they had their outcome determined long before the investigation concluded.

I'm betting his entire suspension is overturned.

Either way we should know Monday.

Wow!!! Thanks for the info lesjroza. Link is worth the read.

Lisa Friel will be looking for a new job soon. Sounds like Lisa and Roberts had a little cat fight.

For all of the Goodell bashers, in fairness, he was not truthfully informed to make this decision. He trusted Lisa Friel to speak on the behalf of the lead investigator on this case.

Now Zeke and his lawyer Jeffrey Kessler(who represented Brady) have a different case to bring before a real court.

This has always smelled fishy.

For all of the Goodell bashers, in fairness, he was not truthfully informed to make this decision. He trusted Lisa Friel to speak on the behalf of the lead investigator on this case.

Yes and no.

It's possible Rog did not know. It's possible Rog never saw Roberts' findings, report or recommendation.. But he screwed up and painted himself in a corner by saying he was fully aware of everything Kia Roberts presented to Friel... He basically had to though, had he not - he would of had to concede a (possible) collusion conspiracy inside his own office - headed by a lifelong NY Giants season ticket holder (lisa friel).

Sources from courtroom are leaking saying Zeke will play week 1.

I don't think that would change his draft status, who knows after week 1.

I'm all in at 2nd round price. Have a draft in a bit, but I don't think he'll last until 20th pick.

Sources from courtroom are leaking saying Zeke will play week 1.

Isn't he locked in for week 1 since they missed the deadline to determine salary for the first week?

Isn't he locked in for week 1 since they missed the deadline to determine salary for the first week?

I believe it's Wednesday at like 430-ish

Brian McCarthy is with the League office, least I guess - he's speaking on their behalf.......... According to McCarthy - there is no actual "deadline". Although one has been seemingly observed in the past, there is nothing official stating a ruling has to be made by a certain time. :dunno:

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article171321372.html

Yes, suspension upheld. So what's the next step? My draft is in 30 minutes!

No idea. There's still time for endless legal hoops and stays and delays right?

The NFL league office is such a joke! The actual law investigates and says no charges. The NFL investigates and their investigator says no penalty. The NFL says six games! On appeal, the league names their guy as "impartial" decider. The "impartial" decider says six games! Everyone says not enough evidence to overcome reasonable doubt, but the league doesn't care.

The definition of joke.

These players should start suing Badell directly! Make him a named party to their suit and sue the hell out of him!

Don't get me wrong, Elliott is a first class douche, but this accuser is batazz cra-cra and that's pretty clear.

I dunno, I doubt I'll draft him. Too much uncertainty.

His restraining order thing could come through and have him available all year. This isn't over at all. I still say getting him and burning a 7th rounder on DMC is worth it at any price.

His restraining order thing could come through and have him available all year. This isn't over at all. I still say getting him and burning a 7th rounder on DMC is worth it at any price.

It "could" come through, but it also might not come through. I don't like to take much risk with my first 2 draft picks, and the potential for one of those picks to sit out close to half a year is a risk too high for me. My draft is in 13 minutes, so not much more time for any more information that might sway me. If I could grab him with my 3rd pick, I'd probably do it, but he won't fall that far.

They want to go to Federal court now. Smells like this suspension is gonna get delayed some more.

I know many people think going to the courts will mean he'll get to play all year, like happened to Brady previously, but what if it doesn't? I can't imagine drafting him early then finding out the court system worked pretty fast and after playing half the season, all of a sudden he gets suspended for the last 6 games of the season. That would ruin any team. No thanks for me.

The NFL league office is such a joke! The actual law investigates and says no charges. The NFL investigates and their investigator says no penalty. The NFL says six games! On appeal, the league names their guy as "impartial" decider. The "impartial" decider says six games! Everyone says not enough evidence to overcome reasonable doubt, but the league doesn't care.

The definition of joke.

These players should start suing Badell directly! Make him a named party to their suit and sue the hell out of him!

Don't get me wrong, Elliott is a first class douche, but this accuser is batazz cra-cra and that's pretty clear.

"These players should start suing Badell directly! Make him a named party to their suit and sue the hell out of him!"

Unfortunately, the CBA the players agreed to gives GODdell the power to do what he wants. The players will strike for sure in a few years if this isn't taken out.

"These players should start suing Badell directly! Make him a named party to their suit and sue the hell out of him!"

Unfortunately, the CBA the players agreed to gives GODdell the power to do what he wants. The players will strike for sure in a few years if this isn't taken out.

I agree. Can't believe the horrible legal advice the NFLPA got in agreeing to that clause. Ridiculous.