Sign in to follow this  
reapers69

If Zeke plays the whole season?

If Zeke gets his suspwnsion dropped or they go the court route and get an injunction how are you guys adjusting his projections? I guess the simple thing would be to take the projections that are out there based on 10 games and just use some math to calculate that out to 16 games but that seems a bit simple. I know these folks that come up with these numbers had to be looking at it a little bit like Zeke would be fresher all season because he started 6 weeks later. I had him posting about 23 points a week in my leagues system but to simply give him another 138 points for the year doesn't seem right when he starts with Giants, Broncos and Cardinals. Anyway I'm a numbers person and just wanted to hear your thoughts. Thanks

If Zeke gets his suspwnsion dropped or they go the court route and get an injunction how are you guys adjusting his projections? I guess the simple thing would be to take the projections that are out there based on 10 games and just use some math to calculate that out to 16 games but that seems a bit simple. I know these folks that come up with these numbers had to be looking at it a little bit like Zeke would be fresher all season because he started 6 weeks later. I had him posting about 23 points a week in my leagues system but to simply give him another 138 points for the year doesn't seem right when he starts with Giants, Broncos and Cardinals. Anyway I'm a numbers person and just wanted to hear your thoughts. Thanks

You just go back to the projections they had for him before the original suspension was announced. He goes back to an early first round pick. It's pretty simple.

He's going to get suspended this season.

Just a matter of how many games and when. The risk is if the suspension happens towards the end the season.

Agree, it's going to happen, makes it even harder to draft him early if its delayed.

I rather see it done to start the season.

It's worth it late 2nd or anytime in the 3rd if you don't love your options at that point. IE: you just missed Gurley or whatever RB/WRs you love and you don't want to risk it with Gronk. Anytime before that, you're probably leaving good money on the table for a risk that could EASILY bite you. Of course, the news today could give more clarity, but this is my snapshot opinion on Zeke.

Someone in another thread mentioned a scenario where the suspension is upheld and Zeke seeks an injunction. The poster mentioned that the commish has the option of putting him on the NFL Exempt list, where he would continue to get paid, but can not play nor be around the team as long as he is on this list. Can anyone elaborate on the "NFL Exempt" list and is it a possible scenario?

I will edit to add that I know in years past G. hardy, AP and J. Brown were placed on this list.

He's a top 3 pick if he plays 16 games

It's not like he was injured and has question marks about his play

He'll be the consensus number 1 if it wasn't for this suspension.

The cowboys are perfectly build for him. Look at his numbers from last year. It's insane for a rookie....

The cowboys are perfectly build for him. Look at his numbers from last year. It's insane for a rookie....

That's not true at all. Before the suspension he was pretty much the consensus number 3 after David Johnson and LeVeon Bell. One could argue that any of those three could go first and that's fine but the overall consensus was Elliott third.

That's not true at all. Before the suspension he was pretty much the consensus number 3 after David Johnson and LeVeon Bell. One could argue that any of those three could go first and that's fine but the overall consensus was Elliott third.

Most likely true. However, with Bell not in camp..I bet Zeke would be going #2 right now (all things considered).

He's going to get suspended this season.

Just a matter of how many games and when. The risk is if the suspension happens towards the end the season.

Agree, it's going to happen, makes it even harder to draft him early if its delayed.

I rather see it done to start the season.

Nothing is ever guarantee. I am surprise you veterans are making these claims.

With all the data points, I am will be more surprise if Zeke don't play a whole season at this point.

I won't be surprise from what just happen either.

This mentality is a bit dangerous. Sophomore slump, Dallas coming back to earth and having a tougher schedule are all things that could dampen a second straight insane season for Zeke. Mind you, no one wants him to excel more than me, I took him 2md round and have said he won't serve suspension since aug 16th. But I have played FF too long to call him a sure thing in this situation. Been burned by more "sure things" than I can count on both my hands and feet, even if I had six toes, ya dig.

This mentality is a bit dangerous. Sophomore slump, Dallas coming back to earth and having a tougher schedule are all things that could dampen a second straight insane season for Zeke. Mind you, no one wants him to excel more than me, I took him 2md round and have said he won't serve suspension since aug 16th. But I have played FF too long to call him a sure thing in this situation. Been burned by more "sure things" than I can count on both my hands and feet, even if I had six toes, ya dig.

Word!