Sign in to follow this  
Brutal Brutus

FAAB waiver wire week 4

There's always a discussion about the waiver adds every week, but very little mention about FAAB waiver system, which is increasingly popular. I think it would be helpful to discuss what we think players will go for, and what players offer value in bidding. Seems like a week people will break the bank, as the RB potential seems to be there this week. Here the faab percentages I think it will take to land each player. Let me know if you think I'm off, where ther's value, or if there's a player you think needs to be added.

L. Murray - 30%. Vikings O-line has shown much better so far than last year. McKinnon will get the passing work, but with a good defense and questions at QB, I think they'll continue to try and rely on the running game. Sometimes volume and goal line work, is all a player needs to be relevant in fantasy and Murray should have both. I'd try and add regardless of running back situation. Could be a starter on a RB depleted team, or nice depth piece that comes in handy in trade discussions.

A. Jones - 10-15% People talk about him as the one week fill in guy so his value may fluctuate by league & team, but I think there's potential for more than a single week starter. He looked pretty good on Thursday, has received praise from Rodgers, and I don't see Montgomery keeping the same workload as he started with. I think there's a chance he carves out an on going role, and has potential to be a great dynasty and keeper add.

A Collins - 8-10% A lot of risk comes with Collins. He's one fumble away from the bench, and is on a sputtering offense with a questionable O-line. Allen and West are nothing special, but West and his fumbling issue have to disappear before he becomes truly relevant.

Kamara - 15-20%. There's been enough written about him. If he's available in your league, you should have grabbed him two weeks ago. Has the highest upside of any player on this list.

McKinnon- 5% I'll be staying away unless in PPR. Seems like a broken record. Viking starting RB gets hurt, McKinnon appears to be the most talented left and is quickly relegated to passing down work. Fool me once...

Gallamn - 5-10% Opportunity is there, but not sure it's worth a whole lot.

Seattle RBBC 5-10% each player. Let other people waste there budget on this dumpster fire. Instead of using 10% on each player, use 10-15% on one of the others, who have a better chance, and have better running back situations.

I'm targeting Murray for approximately 30% and 10% on Fuller. If I get both, it will leave me with only 10%, but I like Murray as an RB3/4 and he has some pretty nice match-ups coming up (Detroit and Chicago twice, Cleveland, Atlanta, etc.)

I guess it all depends on how badly you need these players. I'm going to put in for Aaron Jones, probably around 5-10% because I think broken ribs are pretty painful to play with and Ty Mont won't be the same player this year. Jones will have the opportunity to take the lead back role this week on an offense that is pretty potent. Not as excited about Murray and McKinnon. McKissic could be an interesting bid, maybe 5%?

I'm going with 30% of FAAB on L. Murray. My RBs are D. Murray and I. Crowell...

I successfully claimed Murray for 33/100. Although, somebody also bid 53/100 on McKissic, so there's that...

I'm going with 30% of FAAB on L. Murray. My RBs are D. Murray and I. Crowell...

I am new to the FAAB process this year and have a high learning curb so far. One question that keeps going thru my head is: When one says "30%" of FAAB, are they talking about 30% of their original amount given OR 30% of what amount they have left?

Thanks everyone.

I am new to the FAAB process this year and have a high learning curb so far. One question that keeps going thru my head is: When one says "30%" of FAAB, are they talking about 30% of their original amount given OR 30% of what amount they have left?

Thanks everyone.

original amount. and since some leagues do $100, 200, 1000, etc... we talk % instead of the dollar value.

Thanks everyone.

I always thought it's the original amount. Only reason people use % instead of $ is because some league do $100 and some do $200.

But yea original amount unless I been wrong all my FAAB life lol.

I always thought it's the original amount. Only reason people use % instead of $ is because some league do $100 and some do $200.

But yea original amount unless I been wrong all my FAAB life lol.

Thanks much folks. I understand why it is always stated as a "%", just didn't know if from original amount or what remains of one's budget. Now I know..... original amount!

FYI: we started with $480. Why such an odd amount, I don't know.

It seemed to go fairly predictably and heavily for Murray. It's true that as a starting RB he just carries value. After that it seemed like a mashup of owners chasing Jones, Gallman, & Lacy. I ended up with Gallman & Ellington pretty cheaply and I feel good about that.

It seemed to go fairly predictably and heavily for Murray. It's true that as a starting RB he just carries value. After that it seemed like a mashup of owners chasing Jones, Gallman, & Lacy. I ended up with Gallman & Ellington pretty cheaply and I feel good about that.

rather have Gallman and Ellington than Murray

I ended up with a 1$ bid landing Mckinnon, and a 6$ bid landing Rawls

instead of 80$ on Murray and 60$ on Jones (200 budget)

• Like 1