Sign in to follow this  
CowboysDieHard

Dallas Cowboys Official team thread

I don't see them winning another football game ever.

• Like 1

cowboys fan here.

show me the $

not even a nfc championship game since 1995.

Im not asking for a super bowl just make the final four. make it interesting

22 years of scar tissue built up. not expecting much. believe it when i see it

• Like 1

cowboys fan here.

show me the $

i feel you

cowboys fan here.

show me the $

The Cowboys won the division last year with a RC QB and a RC RB, and are 4-3 this year. You don't even sound like you like them. Forget since 1995. Last year and this year and going forward, that's what I'm focusing on and I'm happy with the direction, and it started with the draft the last few years.

• Like 1

The Cowboys won the division last year with a RC QB and a RC RB, and are 4-3 this year. You don't even sound like you like them. Forget since 1995. Last year and this year and going forward, that's what I'm focusing on and I'm happy with the direction, and it started with the draft the last few years.

lol

Danny White was pegged a Cowboys Disappointment ...Made 3 Straight NFC Championships....79,80,81.....they lost every 1 but were in the mix....the final 4.

Tony Romo won 2 divisional round playoff games in his career and is considered a HERO by Jerrah.

sickening culture and sickening delusional cowboys fans continue to buy the thought that we are "back"

as soon as they hit 4-3 and the arrow is pointing up the zeke ruling comes down.....the dark cloud continues to follow.....just like the 1 and done last year after a 13-3 season.

Its been 22 years since an nfc championship game. Make the final four is all i ask.....scar tissue

I like Danny White and you make good points, but speaking personally about those individual players, Romo just flat out was a better QB than Danny White. I agree on the 22 years thing, wow that many. :/

Really think that the Zeke and the Cowboys should have just taken the suspension early on.

The NFL is going to win one way or another if it's not this weekend it will happen.

Just like with Brady.

Really think that the Zeke and the Cowboys should have just taken the suspension early on.

The NFL is going to win one way or another if it's not this weekend it will happen.

Just like with Brady.

yup.....the dark cloud follows. hoping one year I'm proven wrong. not holding breath. groundhog day

Danny White was pegged a Cowboys Disappointment ...Made 3 Straight NFC Championships....79,80,81.....they lost every 1 but were in the mix....the final 4.

Tony Romo won 2 divisional round playoff games in his career and is considered a HERO by Jerrah.

sickening culture and sickening delusional cowboys fans continue to buy the thought that we are "back"

as soon as they hit 4-3 and the arrow is pointing up the zeke ruling comes down.....the dark cloud continues to follow.....just like the 1 and done last year after a 13-3 season.

Its been 22 years since an nfc championship game. Make the final four is all i ask.....scar tissue

danny white led one of the most dominant rosters in the league, overseen by one of the greatest coaches in the history of the NFL.

romo led a roster assembled by a hack who drafted badly, signed free agents badly, managed the cap badly, and hired coaches badly.

i still like danny white, but like dak, he benefitted from the high quality of the organization around him. romo kept the wheels on the bus, and was the only reason the team was competitive at all.

"Tony Romo, the cause of, and solution to, all the Cowboys problems". :lol:

I used to bash Romo, but he was actually a pretty damned good QB that carried what was often a mediocre team on his shoulders. Unfortunately for him, the shortcomings of the team would come back to bite him and he would take the blame for it.

Cowboys fans are the Cowboys problems. You aren't entitled to a championship every year, you don't just deserve it because you are the Cowboys. You've lived for years thinking that "America's Team" means you're really America's Team and not realizing it was some dumbass announcer that coined it and just happened to get used by NFL Films. But the reality is that you hit a lotto because of stupidity and dumb luck. They wanted Paxton Lynch, who can't stay healthy or beat out the great duo of Trevor Siemian and Brock Osweiller, but couldn't get him and settled on Dak, who is an absolute gem. The best thing the team has done is sink quality picks into the offensive line and find the diamond in the rough in Prescott. But they continuously take character issues on and it continues to bite them. The offense is talented, but the defense is a sieve. It's a perennial 8-8 team because of mismanagement in the front office.

I used to bash Romo, but he was actually a pretty damned good QB that carried what was often a mediocre team on his shoulders. Unfortunately for him, the shortcomings of the team would come back to bite him and he would take the blame for it.

Cowboys fans are the Cowboys problems. You aren't entitled to a championship every year, you don't just deserve it because you are the Cowboys. You've lived for years thinking that "America's Team" means you're really America's Team and not realizing it was some dumbass announcer that coined it and just happened to get used by NFL Films. But the reality is that you hit a lotto because of stupidity and dumb luck. They wanted Paxton Lynch, who can't stay healthy or beat out the great duo of Trevor Siemian and Brock Osweiller, but couldn't get him and settled on Dak, who is an absolute gem. The best thing the team has done is sink quality picks into the offensive line and find the diamond in the rough in Prescott. But they continuously take character issues on and it continues to bite them. The offense is talented, but the defense is a sieve. It's a perennial 8-8 team because of mismanagement in the front office.

Jerry Jones thinks Jerry Jones is a genius, though.

Jerry Jones thinks Jerry Jones is a genius, though.

Yup. :thumbsup:

This is Daks second year, lets see how it plays out before we call him a gem. So far this year his highest passing yds is 268 in week 1

Wish we could find a Roger Staubach, he had Drew Pearson as a WR, and absolutely no running backs - Preston Pearson and Robert Newhouse.

This is Daks second year, lets see how it plays out before we call him a gem. So far this year his highest passing yds is 268 in week 1

Wish we could find a Roger Staubach, he had Drew Pearson as a WR, and absolutely no running backs - Preston Pearson and Robert Newhouse.

while i agree that we shouldn't anoint dak just yet, it's important to remember history properly. DAL was usually top 10--and often top 5--in rushing during staubach's career. he also had the doomsday defense backing him up.

while i agree that we shouldn't anoint dak just yet, it's important to remember history properly. DAL was usually top 10--and often top 5--in rushing during staubach's career. he also had the doomsday defense backing him up.

Not with the 2 that I just mentioned for rushing. Defense yes they were good, Harvey Martin number 79 was my favorite.

Not with the 2 that I just mentioned for rushing. Defense yes they were good, Harvey Martin number 79 was my favorite.

you said he had absolutely no RBs. he actually had very good RBs his entire career as a starter: duane thomas, calvin hill, walt garrison, robert newhouse, preston pearson, and tony dorsett, among others.

DAL rushing performance by year:

1971: 3rd (161 YPG)

1972: 8th (152 YPG)

1973: 5th (173 YPG)

1974: 1st (175 YPG)

1975: 5th (174 YPG)

1976: 12th (153 YPG)

1977: 4th (169 YPG)

1978: 3rd (174 YPG)

1979: 10th (148 YPG)

so yeah, he always had a dominant ground game to lean on. he's still a great QB, but it's important to remember clearly and not to romanticize. aikman and staubach both agreed that they had the benefit of much better teams than romo had.

Its not a debate of Danny White vs Romo it was brought up to note how sickening this franchise is now. 22 years and no final four appearance. bottom line that stinks.

Romo had a very very nice team around him with that 13-3 squad #1 seed bye and flopped at home vs giants after vacationing in Cabo

yes he was extremely talented but the fact he is looked at as a hero is a joke

and Jerry Jones as a Hall of Famer is a joke too. Yes he has done a lot for the nfl and made people and himself a lot of cash but hasn't paid me a red cent.

This organization made the playoffs for like 20 or so years in a row and now this joke of a product we get.

Zeke is out. Dez on sidelines up ten last week pointing to coaches the number 2....letting them know he only has 2 catches. sickening.

Prove me wrong. 22 years and still waiting as Jerry is crowned a Hall of Famer and continues to disappoint along with the dark cloud that follows.

A group of us guys have been saying for the last several years something fluky goes wrong...."they find a way" lol

Any of you Cowboys homers have any clue about who's the more valuable out of Alf and DMC? I know what Jrry has said about Alf starting, but lot of speculation that DMC fits the plan better, OC likes him, etc.

Thoughts?

Its not a debate of Danny White vs Romo it was brought up to note how sickening this franchise is now. 22 years and no final four appearance. bottom line that stinks.

As one who got to see Danny White's career - I can def say I was a big fan....... Living in the shadow of #12, Danny never got the credit he deserved. Nothing personal against him, but when you step into the shoes of a Roger Staubach - it's always gong to be an uphill battle........ That being said - Romo was by far and away a better actual "quarterback" than White........ It's unfortunate he didn't have Landry as a coach or Doomesday to back him up.

But back to the original point - yes, this franchise has been a pathetic joke for the better part of 22 years now. Song will tell you, nobody rides this team harder than I do... Yes Jerry has shouldered a lot of the blame over the years - but here of late, it boils down to one simple common denominator - Jason Garrett. I've wanted him gone for years, have said so on this board over and over again. He might be the nicest, most honorable guy on the planet - but he's over his head and not cut out to be a HC.. But bcoz he's nice and bcoz of his history here, he's a sacred cow of some kind. Instead of calling him out, we are supposed to coddle and flower him with praise....... I don't get it.

And, absolutely Jerry deserves to be in the HOF... Albeit different fronts, Jerry was every bit as instrumental and innovative to the league as was the great Tex Schramm........... If you're looking for a joke, I'll tell you one - giving Jason Garrett COY last year is what was a joke.

As one who got to see Danny White's career - I can def say I was a big fan....... Living in the shadow of #12, Danny never got the credit he deserved. Nothing personal against him, but when you step into the shoes of a Roger Staubach - it's always gong to be an uphill battle........

As a way of agreeing with you, what Aaron Rodgers was able to do shocked all of us Packer fans. We all expected the next QB after Favre to be considered a failure almost no matter what he did, simply because Favre had been so great. Who could compare, right? (Turns out, all you have to do in that case is just be better than one of the best in the history of the league :))

As a way of agreeing with you, what Aaron Rodgers was able to do shocked all of us Packer fans. We all expected the next QB after Favre to be considered a failure almost no matter what he did, simply because Favre had been so great. Who could compare, right? (Turns out, all you have to do in that case is just be better than one of the best in the history of the league :))

True........ and to be honest, I never really heard much about Rodgers his senior year at Cal. But still, he was a 1st round pick.. Danny was a decent qb at Arizona St., but as a 3rd rounder - he was more known as a punter here than a viable qb franchise solution.

As one who got to see Danny White's career - I can def say I was a big fan....... Living in the shadow of #12, Danny never got the credit he deserved. Nothing personal against him, but when you step into the shoes of a Roger Staubach - it's always gong to be an uphill battle........ That being said - Romo was by far and away a better actual "quarterback" than White........ It's unfortunate he didn't have Landry as a coach or Doomesday to back him up.

But back to the original point - yes, this franchise has been a pathetic joke for the better part of 22 years now. Song will tell you, nobody rides this team harder than I do... Yes Jerry has shouldered a lot of the blame over the years - but here of late, it boils down to one simple common denominator - Jason Garrett. I've wanted him gone for years, have said so on this board over and over again. He might be the nicest, most honorable guy on the planet - but he's over his head and not cut out to be a HC.. But bcoz he's nice and bcoz of his history here, he's a sacred cow of some kind. Instead of calling him out, we are supposed to coddle and flower him with praise....... I don't get it.

And, absolutely Jerry deserves to be in the HOF... Albeit different fronts, Jerry was every bit as instrumental and innovative to the league as was the great Tex Schramm........... If you're looking for a joke, I'll tell you one - giving Jason Garrett COY last year is what was a joke.

Jason Garrett has been mentioned as the Tom Hagen of the Jones family from the Godfather. JG is Jerrahs adopted son just like Tom in Godfather.

sickening. kinda like jerrah being the GM for all these failed years.

Standing up on that podium and being crowned as a HOF made me sick. (i know, the argument he has done soooooo much for the league)

and nothing on the field for 22 years.....an entire generation of people expect them to lose now its been soooooo long.

Standing up on that podium and being crowned as a HOF made me sick. (i know, the argument he has done soooooo much for the league)

and nothing on the field for 22 years.....an entire generation of people expect them to lose now its been soooooo long.

You have to be able to separate Jerry Jones the owner and Jerry Jones the GM.

This team is finally making strides in the right direction - with no small credit going to Jerry in recognizing that Stephen and Will McClay are the way back to the top.......... But ultimately, as long as Red Garrett is the HC of this team - we will never be anything more than the punch line to a joke........ 7 years of mediocre crap, sprinkled in with a dash of big stage failure here and there - and fans are still kissing his ass........ I don't get it.

you said he had absolutely no RBs. he actually had very good RBs his entire career as a starter: duane thomas, calvin hill, walt garrison, robert newhouse, preston pearson, and tony dorsett, among others.

DAL rushing performance by year:

1971: 3rd (161 YPG)

1972: 8th (152 YPG)

1973: 5th (173 YPG)

1974: 1st (175 YPG)

1975: 5th (174 YPG)

1976: 12th (153 YPG)

1977: 4th (169 YPG)

1978: 3rd (174 YPG)

1979: 10th (148 YPG)

so yeah, he always had a dominant ground game to lean on. he's still a great QB, but it's important to remember clearly and not to romanticize. aikman and staubach both agreed that they had the benefit of much better teams than romo had.

All I know is when I was young and compared stats they were in the Mike Pruitt and Greg Pruitt range. I'm 50, you must be quite a bit older to recall the players you mentioned and there impact on there era.

You have to be able to separate Jerry Jones the owner and Jerry Jones the GM.

This team is finally making strides in the right direction - with no small credit going to Jerry in recognizing that Stephen and Will McClay are the way back to the top.......... But ultimately, as long as Red Garrett is the HC of this team - we will never be anything more than the punch line to a joke........ 7 years of mediocre crap, sprinkled in with a dash of big stage failure here and there - and fans are still kissing his ass........ I don't get it.

u are right. so sick of the shatshow.....