Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Uber self-driving car kills pedestrian

In China the common scam is to leap in front of a car to get hit and get insurance payoff. Many idiots die attempting this and even kids who have their mothers put them up to it. There are videos where they make pathetic attempts and blatantly lay down in car paths only to have them stop.

Might be a career move for you. I save give it a shot! :banana:

• Like 1

In China the common scam is to leap in front of a car to get hit and get insurance payoff. Many idiots die attempting this and even kids who have their mothers put them up to it. There are videos where they make pathetic attempts and blatantly lay down in car paths only to have them stop.

This woman has single handedly but a billion dollar industry on hold, by walking a bike across the road, in pitch black, outside of a crosswalk, at 10pm. She must have seen headlights coming. She is not running. There is no question in my mind a human driver would have also hit her. Seems to have all the markings of a planned event.

Saw the video. No way a human could have stopped in time. She appears right in front of the car. Who walks their bike across the street in pitch black outside of a crosswalk.

I saw the video and thought that is exactly what a self driving car is good at, (they dont need light to see) what happened?

Think about jaywalking. 2 steps perpendicular to the vehicle and bam!

Boatload of experts out there, as well as competitors to Uber and the company that provides Uber with it's Lidar, agree with me.

Might be a career move for you. I save give it a shot! :banana:

Oh here’s comes a huge truck, this will be a big score!

I can't wait, I just imagine how much more I can post on FFToday, on my hr -hr/30 commutes every day

Ban driverless cars immediately! :shocking:

This is huge in Russia and the former republics as well. That's why virtually all the cars there have forward-looking cameras and memory. They're starting to catch on here too.