Sign in to follow this  
edjr

My handicap is finally going up! GHIN

Played a tournament last year, one of the guys my pair was playing was an 18 hcp. He shot 80,79 over the tournament. The odds of doing that are like winning the lottery. The next week after the tournament he put in a dozen score that brought his handicap around 10.

Sandbagging scum. Although he is a decent enough guy outside of that

Played a tournament last year, one of the guys my pair was playing was an 18 hcp. He shot 80,79 over the tournament. The odds of doing that are like winning the lottery. The next week after the tournament he put in a dozen score that brought his handicap around 10.

Sandbagging scum. Although he is a decent enough guy outside of that

Did you call him out on it? I would have - that's bs.

GFB not playing golf anymore... It was "fun" 15-20 years ago, but I think it would be worse playing where everyone thinks that they are a professional...

GFB not playing golf anymore... It was "fun" 15-20 years ago, but I think it would be worse playing where everyone thinks that they are a professional...

Where is that?

stink? i'm worse than my handicap, that's for sure.

I consider myself a bogey golfer.

I will go over the 9 holes I played Saturday.

I may have said I had 2 birdies the other day, I'm a liar, I only had one :cry:

Appreciate the honesty. No way anyone would lie about 9 holes like that.

First time out was Thursday last week. Shot 92. :(. Played 18 and lost 1 ball. I had the touch of a Blacksmith around the greens.

Appreciate the honesty. No way anyone would lie about 9 holes like that.

First time out was Thursday last week. Shot 92. :(. Played 18 and lost 1 ball. I had the touch of a Blacksmith around the greens.

My good friend I golf with says "you have the touch of a rapist"

too soon?

Speaking of which, outta work in 7 minutes. First night of our Wednesday matches we've been doing for years :banana:

• Like 1

You used to do something fun? :shocking:

This could be true. I am the fastest golfer around. No practice strokes,little thinking. kind of like posting here

Back when I played a lot, I sometimes let being fast get in my way of thinking about and planning a shot.

When I figured out how many shots it cost me per round, I started looking at each shot like it was a $20 bill.

That made me take a little more time over each shot, line up correctly, and stop best guessing at distances when I didnt see a marker nearby. I also made sure I had the right club factoring in all the variables. Downhill, and uphill lies, green elevation, wind, etc.

I also made sure I knew how the hole was set up if it was a course I wasnt familiar with.

Wtf are you even talking about? Its like you make up excuses now to bash things that people enjoy

84 last night in 30-40 MPH wind gusts. The best I've played yet this year, made a couple minor mistakes but hit it well and putted well also. Plus it was the first time we played it down (didn't roll it everywhere, just in your own fairway).

84 last night in 30-40 MPH wind gusts. The best I've played yet this year, made a couple minor mistakes but hit it well and putted well also. Plus it was the first time we played it down (didn't roll it everywhere, just in your own fairway).

'

do you know how focking fast 30 to 40 is dainby?

'

do you know how focking fast 30 to 40 is dainby?

Enough to make your ball move while sitting on the greens? Enough that I hit a 6-iron into a 125 yard par 3 and it came up 10 yards short? Enough that I saw 2 flagsticks just randomly laying on the greens cuz the wind blew them out of the hole? Cuz trust me, that all focking happened last night.

Enough to make your ball move while sitting on the greens? Enough that I hit a 6-iron into a 125 yard par 3 and it came up 10 yards short? Enough that I saw 2 flagsticks just randomly laying on the greens cuz the wind blew them out of the hole? Cuz trust me, that all focking happened last night.

just busting ya chops.

• Like 1

I played in that sh!t once in CT. There were tree tops getting snapped off in the woods surrounding the course.

just busting ya chops.

Wouldn't expect anything less :)

Wouldn't expect anything less :)

I played in a ridiculous winds once. I had taken the day off to go on a fishing trip with my dad, were like 10 foot waves, so it got canceled and I went golfing.

I hit a 8 iron into the teeth, it literally almost came back to me. it was pretty damn funny

I played in a ridiculous winds once. I had taken the day off to go on a fishing trip with my dad, were like 10 foot waves, so it got canceled and I went golfing.

I hit a 8 iron into the teeth, it literally almost came back to me. it was pretty damn funny

I have played in ridiculously stupid wind and other conditions. Playing early spring on the Cape, you can get crazy wind even on a good day. Hitting driver from 150-type of stuff.

Worst was playing in a torrential downpour at Orange County outside of Orlando. Wind was whipping and we were idiots trying to play. They let 3 of us tee off (I had a great drive, I think) before they shut down the course for the first time in 5 years because of the tornado warnings. :shocking:

:thumbsup:

That happened once to me. We were in New Mexico on a trip, warming up on the range. Hitting wedges straight into the wind, they blew back and landed about 50 yards in front of us :D

46, 45, 41. I should not golf 27 holes the first time out for the year. I'm sore as hell today. Getting old sucks.

• Like 1