Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Anyone done jury duty?

I had jury duty once, the very first time I was called, at age 22. It was a 6 person jury for drunk driving and several motor vehicle violations. The DD charge was dropped on a technicality. On one of the motor vehicle violations, it was 5-1 (me being the 1) to convict. I changed my vote to Guilty because I was leaving that night for a ski weekend, and it was getting past 5:00 PM. The judge talked with the jury afterwards, and said he would've kept us there until 9:00 if we hadn't come to a decision. He also said we came to the right decisions on all the charges. So...win, win

So... you sent a guy to jail despite misgivings because you had a ski trip planned? :mellow:

So... you sent a guy to jail despite misgivings because you had a ski trip planned? :mellow:

Yeah that's all I heard to. Pretty focked up actually.

I had jury duty once, the very first time I was called, at age 22. It was a 6 person jury for drunk driving and several motor vehicle violations. The DD charge was dropped on a technicality. On one of the motor vehicle violations, it was 5-1 (me being the 1) to convict. I changed my vote to Guilty because I was leaving that night for a ski weekend, and it was getting past 5:00 PM. The judge talked with the jury afterwards, and said he would've kept us there until 9:00 if we hadn't come to a decision. He also said we came to the right decisions on all the charges. So...win, win

Good, don’t sacrifice your trip for some random scumbag. Another reason the system is flawed. Should just be a panel of 3 judges who make the call, not Joe Public, the most biased or dumb person there is.

• Like 1

Good, don’t sacrifice your trip for some random scumbag. Another reason the system is flawed. Should just be a panel of 3 judges who make the call, not Joe Public, the most biased or dumb person there is.

Saying guilty just because you got sh!t to do is as morally corrupt as accusing someone of a crime they didn't do. Completely focked.

Saying guilty just because you got sh!t to do is as morally corrupt as accusing someone of a crime they didn't do. Completely focked.

I will withhold judgment until I hear skin color.

:clap: Geez, lighten up, fellas. It was a minor moving violation (negligent operation, I believe). Nobody went to jail...he probably just got a fine, and extra points on his insurance. And like I said, the judge told us we came to the correct decisions.

And, I got to go skiing :banana:

Got one in the mail today. The questionnaire asked me to list any online activity I may be involved in. I gave them the link to this forearm and my handle. I don't think I will have to worry about reporting.  

• Haha 4