Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

What is the one thing in your life you can count on most..never fails.

This was your post. This is why I said "run." Are you just being obtuse?

I know. But I was playing off the exact wording of your response...when you said they can only run south, implying I didn’t understand Frank’s joke.

My point is that north is as likely as any other direction until the instant the bear hits the North Pole. It doesn't get less and less likely.

I understand, but I’ll reiterate that running generally implies moving over a distance, with no arbitrary stop just because the N pole is crossed.

Assume the bear can only run in a straight line in one of the four major compass directions. If the bear starts one angstrom south of the N pole and runs a 100M dash, think of all the possibilities where you might take a photo of the bear. If you took a random still shot of it running, do you think the probability it would be facing N, S, E and W is equal?

Thank you, one of the best/honest reads. It's interesting what elicits an honest re from this crowd. I love reading this thread and learning about all of you. ~Alcohol is by far the easiest and most truthful. Never done any Rec drugs so don't know how those compare. Prescrip ones..are most reliable. With the whole opiod abusers , can't include those, never had them either. I'd say Ambien and Zanax. Those make me sleepy every time.

Thank you, one of the best/honest reads. It's interesting what elicits an honest re from this crowd. I love reading this thread and learning about all of you. ~Alcohol is by far the easiest and most truthful. Never done any Rec drugs so don't know how those compare. Prescrip ones..are most reliable. With the whole opiod abusers , can't include those, never had them either. I'd say Ambien and Zanax. Those make me sleepy every time.

Ambien will make you do batsheit stuff.

If a polar bear sh*ts in the woods, is it really an albino of a different type of bear?

FFToday forums being up on Sundays during football season.

Im at that point in my life where im looking for when I can go lay down and take a quick nap lol.

If they are at the north pole, they can only run south. :wave:

Here in the desert we have rattlers, javelina (wild boars), bobcats, and coyotes. Plus black widows but they aren't a concern hiking. We haven't seen a rattler in the desert but they are certainly there; mostly they keep to themselves, but if one were in the trail it is best to walk around it. We've had a few at our house (I think there is one under my A/C pad now). Haven't seen a bobcat but I think I had one on my roof (tree close to roof). Javelina are the biggest pains at our house because they knock over and rummage through our garbage; I chain the cans to the wall now. They also travel in packs and smell almost as bad as skunks. But they are meek and would only attack if cornered.

Biggest concern is coyotes. They also travel in packs, mostly at night but increasingly stretching into the day, and they are becoming less scared of humans as they encounter them more often.

Back when I used to run at night, it always tripped me out when I'd spook a coyote out for his evening stroll. They would always look embarrassed that I saw them first. :lol: This was on neighborhood streets.

A few times I did trail runs in the mountains at dusk and that would creep me out, I could feel the eyes watching me.

Julio Jones getting 17 catches and 0 touchdowns each and every game.