Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

How did you get into your career

I decided I wanted to be a lawyer when I was 13. I liked John Grisham novels. Also, my father was one, and it was a “respectable” profession. Status was important in my family, or at least I thought it was. Looking back, that may not have been as true as I thought. In high school I started doing mock trial stuff. Loved it. Was good at it. I memorized the rules of evidence, and while I was a poor speaker at first, I became known as the “objection man.” I could, and frequently did, absolutely destroy the opponents via objecting. Eventually I became very very good at the aggressive cross examination. 

Crashed and burned. Worked at the waffle house to keep the trains running.

Became a teacher as a side gig at night. Ended up coming here on voltys suggestion.

Certainly was not the plan. 😅

Took a test, passed a background check, banged your mom to celebrate. 

On 11/9/2018 at 3:43 PM, kutulu said:

I currently trying to get fired :wave:

Took about a year but goter done... With a decent severance package :headbanger:

• Like 1

Just now, kutulu said:

Took about a year but goter done... With a decent severance package :headbanger:

Costanza would be proud

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Costanza would be proud

Serenity now B)

• Like 1

Was in my senior year of college... last semester.  A buddy of mine started talking to me about "STS" -- it was an MLM prepaid phone card company. 

We started trying to sell prepaid phone cards to convenience stores.    Not far in ...he said "this isn't working...I'll just take my $200 the business owes me...and I'm out"

I said "okay"

3 years later I was the largest prepaid phone card distributor in ND.  I sold to 300 stores/other distributors. 
Business was wild and flourished til about 2006.  It was good from from 2006 to 2010.  2010 to 2019...it died a slow death.

I saw other opportunities in telecom... and a couple of us started a different telecom business in about 2009.  It was slow starting until around 2012... and its still going great.  Knock on wood and crossing my fingers.  Always looking for the next opportunity though.

I finished college with an degree in Elementary Education with a minor in PE and Coaching.  I substitute taught 1 time. 

Essentially, I was the only guy who could fit into the Chuck-E-Cheese suit.

I mean, yeah, there was one guy. But The conditions of his parole meant that he had to stay in the kitchen.