Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Shall we kick off the Week 1 overreaction thread?

1 hour ago, rallo said:

In many instances faith, belief, or shared faiths have nothing to do with fact...

Actually, faith has everything to do with fact.

All facts are based in either...

1) faith in one's own experiences; that is, that there is a real world that exists outside of our own heads, and that at least some of our sensations and perceptions are reflective of that reality...

2) faith in the testimony of others regarding their own personal experiences, or...

3) faith in the axioms of formal systems of reasoning.

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Who wants a great league?  Give me a crappy league any day, especially for $250 or more...

Those who like to challenge themselves and earn victory like great leagues. I guess some prefer to be con-men and dupe suckers. Different Strokes...

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Those who like to challenge themselves and earn victory like great leagues. I guess some prefer to be con-men and dupe suckers. Different Strokes...

Having no peer, Axe Elf cannot find fantasy football gratification through competing in a league of his peers.  Therefore he has to settle for playing with chimps, but drafting a Kicker and a Defense in the first two rounds.

12 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Actually, faith has everything to do with fact.

All facts are based in either...

1) faith in one's own experiences; that is, that there is a real world that exists outside of our own heads, and that at least some of our sensations and perceptions are reflective of that reality...

2) faith in the testimony of others regarding their own personal experiences, or...

3) faith in the axioms of formal systems of 

So hypothetically, if I have faith that you are a confident, ignorant person, and others on this board offer the same testimony... that makes it fact?

24 minutes ago, rallo said:

So hypothetically, if I have faith that you are a confident, ignorant person, and others on this board offer the same testimony... that makes it fact?

If you have absolute faith in your experience of Axe Elf as a confident, ignorant person, and/or absolute faith in the testimony of others regarding their own experiences with Axe Elf as a confident, ignorant person, then yes, it becomes a fact to you.

For those who have faith in their experience of Axe Elf as the greatest fantasy football mind to ever stomp the terra, it becomes a fact that his simple self-esteem can sometimes take on the illusion of arrogance.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

For those who have faith in their experience of Axe Elf as the greatest fantasy football mind to ever stomp the terra, it becomes a fact that his simple self-esteem can sometimes take on the illusion of arrogance.

Perhaps, the original version, and even then its a stretch. This cheap knock-off edition you are perpetrating, not so much...

Just now, jrokh said:

Perhaps, the original version, and even then its a stretch. This cheap knock-off edition you are perpetrating, not so much...

You think I'm the Dread Pirate Roberts or something?

lol

more like the $5 Rolex you can purchase on the street corner of any major U.S. city...

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

more like the $5 Rolex you can purchase on the street corner of any major U.S. city...

So how does it feel being the guy who can't tell a $5 Rolex from the real thing?

It doesn't take a lot to spot an obvious phony, no kudos is necessary, ,most here I'm sure already reached the same, fairly obvious conclusion. You are like George Costanza who tries to convince a Physician that his arm involuntary spasms..

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

It doesn't take a lot to spot an obvious phony, no kudos is necessary, ,most here I'm sure already reached the same, fairly obvious conclusion. You are like George Costanza who tries to convince a Physician that his arm involuntary spasms..

If you're bound and determined to be the guy who can't tell gold from pyrite, go right ahead...  But there's a reason the word "fool" is first and foremost in "fool's gold."

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If you have absolute faith in your experience of Axe Elf as a confident, ignorant person, and/or absolute faith in the testimony of others regarding their own experiences with Axe Elf as a confident, ignorant person, then yes, it becomes a fact to you.

That is what I was driving at, I think we are talking about fact vs. perception. 

That said, this is too deep for an overreaxion thread. Enjoy your Saturday!

On 9/5/2019 at 7:27 PM, NAn said:

3targets/3recs/57yds, projected out at say 90 targets that's 90 recs/1710yds, even with no TDs that's still pretty good.

Is MVS for real?!

Left with cramps or could have had a big game. I will hold instead of picking up williams with the ab news.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

If you're bound and determined to be the guy who can't tell gold from pyrite, go right ahead...  But there's a reason the word "fool" is first and foremost in "fool's gold."

Please educate me, I wish to learn more. What is your Astrological sign?

23 minutes ago, Mile High Magic said:

Left with cramps or could have had a big game. I will hold instead of picking up williams with the ab news.

I was just having fun w the thread topic but I have him and def hold. 

Encouraging to see him be active in O including the long rec and a carry.

Plus found this article on PFF see excerpt where speaks how they went w more 2WR sets than in past w Lafleurs offense. Sure that will evolve but bolds we’ll right  now. 

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-five-takeaways-from-the-green-bay-packers-10-3-win-over-the-chicago-bears-in-week-1

Agreed. 

He’s a qb2 in ff