Sign in to follow this  
Armchairwarrior

Handcuff vs RB2/3

I only roster a handcuff if I believe that if the starter went down that this backup/handcuff could actually perform at a starters level. Some handcuffs would absolutely flourish in that role. Jaylen Samuels, Alexander Mattison and Latavious Murray come to mind. Others are backups for a reason and most of the time are not worth rostering, especially if you can roster a starting RB2/RB3 in their place as you state above. 

Yeah, I would typically rather have 4-5 starting RBs who could contribute at any given time rather than burning a roster spot on a guy who may only be marginally useful if one of my starters gets hurt.

2 hours ago, Armchairwarrior said:

Thx, I'm holding on to Mattison with Cook on my roster.

That's smart.  After all, this is Week 5, when Cook traditionally goes out for the season.

5 hours ago, potts17 said:

I only roster a handcuff if I believe that if the starter went down that this backup/handcuff could actually perform at a starters level. Some handcuffs would absolutely flourish in that role. Jaylen Samuels, Alexander Mattison and Latavious Murray come to mind. Others are backups for a reason and most of the time are not worth rostering, especially if you can roster a starting RB2/RB3 in their place as you state above. 

Winner. 

On 10/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, Armchairwarrior said:

Thx, I'm holding on to Mattison with Cook on my roster.

It depends on the size of the rosters and exactly which starter you're talking about. And as pointed out earlier also. Can the handcuff even produce?

In this situation, I'd say it's the right call