Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

First ever sub 2 hour marathon ran today

With a hitch.  Part of a huge project started quite a while back, with DOZENS of pro pacers, science and a laser beam showing the runners the pace needed to break the 2 hour barrier.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kenyas-eliud-kipchoge-2-hour-marathon-barrier

the site dedicated a while back to breaking the barrier...

https://www.ineos159challenge.com/news/

It's a pretty neat achievement, but doesn't count.

Running a sub 2:00 marathon is impressive no matter what the conditions were. Now that the belief barrier has been broken we will likely see it happen multiple times in official marathons in the coming years. Kudos to Mr Kipchoge, big day in the history of road running.

Ultra+ marathons are more intriguing to me though. This weekend is the Moab 240.

Moab 240 live results

Looks like David mfn Goggins is running, got lost at the 100mi mark, 😆, not sure if back on track or DNF. F'n Goggins.

10 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

Running a sub 2:00 marathon is impressive no matter what the conditions were. Now that the belief barrier has been broken we will likely see it happen multiple times in official marathons in the coming years. Kudos to Mr Kipchoge, big day in the history of road running.

Ultra+ marathons are more intriguing to me though. This weekend is the Moab 240.

Moab 240 live results

Looks like David mfn Goggins is running, got lost at the 100mi mark, 😆, not sure if back on track or DNF. F'n Goggins.

I'm doing my first ultra next year. 50k trail run here in Michigan.

you guys need to lose some weight.

Marathon "conditions" or not, 4:33 a mile pace for 26 miles is focking insane. :shocking:

• Like 1

Will be done soon enough in real competition.  If there were more great runners it would have fallen already.  Incredible feat.

Was in 2nd place after 100 miles, then ran 15 miles off course, was in 75th place by the time he resumed on the right track, worked all the way back to 9th over the next 90 miles, then DNF at 200 miles because of health issues.

Sad he didn't win or finish, but he probably got another book's worth of material out of it.