Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Trade Advice

In a 14-team PPR superflex league, I am in 4th place by record (4-2) and have the most points scored by almost 30 points.  After getting Tyreek Hill back this week, I stomped my opponent by a score of 202.97 to 98.87, achieving the highest score of all 14 teams in the league.

This morning I received a trade offer in which I would receive Dak Prescott, Geronimo Allison and Dede Westbrook for Cooper Kupp and Tyreek Hill.

My current QBs (we can start up to 2 with the superflex) are Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins and Daniel Jones.  My current WRs (start 2 plus up to 3 more Flex) are Cooper Kupp, Tyreek Hill, Julian Edelman, Terry McLaurin, Larry Fitzgerald, John Brown, Phillip Dorsett and Cole Beasley.

Should I pull the trigger?

I'm no expert.... not even close... hahaha.. I don't see any value for you at all. I wouldn't do it if it were my team.   

Oh and I don't answer "should" questions  ;)   

21 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

I'm no expert.... not even close... hahaha.. I don't see any value for you at all. I wouldn't do it if it were my team.   

Oh and I don't answer "should" questions 

So what is this, then?

I'm saying I wouldn't do the trade if you read above.  I have no idea what you should or shouldn't do.  

2 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

I have no idea what you should or shouldn't do.  

Really?

I think most people do...

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Really?

I think most people do...

I'm not most people. I'm just me. I don't even should on my kids. 

I shared my two cents based on what you asked.... that's all I can do.  The rest is you, your gut, knowledge, intuition, etc.  

15 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

I'm not most people. I'm just me. I don't even should on my kids. 

I shared my two cents based on what you asked.... that's all I can do.  The rest is you, your gut, knowledge, intuition, etc.  

I saw a guy "should" on his kids once.  It was gross.  Messy too.

I wouldn't do the deal.  If you are intent on upgrading, you can do better.  Kupp alone is worth a decent QB.  Allison and Westbrook are too hit/miss for my liking.  I'm not sold Allison is more than a 4th WR for many teams.  Westbrook may get some targets, but the Jags are going to run first, then let Mr. Mustache run in circles until someone gets open.  That someone is more likely to be Chark.  You would be helping your opponent too much here, which you should figure into the deal.  Also, Prescott will be without Cooper for at least a week.  He does have a nice matchup against Philly this weekend, but Dallas has the most difficult schedule the rest of the season thereafter.  I'm not sold on Prescott as a franchise QB and think once the real defenses come into play, he will look bad. 

Some people don't like this strategy, but this is what I do in most of my leagues.  I make a post on the message board and say "I'm trading so-and-so.  This is what I'm looking for.  I'll accept offers for the next 24/48 hours, but they are being traded."  It has always worked for me and sometimes you will have an owner make you a flat out ridiculous offer simply because they are worried another team will snag the player(s). 

I would not take the trade.  Kupp and Hill should be able to more than make up any deficiency in your QB's.  I think the trade would do more to harm your team than help your team.

Ok, ok, I thought maybe people would see the humor in this, but too many people are taking it as a serious request for trade advice, so I'll let everyone in on the joke.

This was one of those insta-reject trades where I can only assume that the other owner was hoping I would get confused and accidentally hit the "Accept" button in my haste to hit "Reject."

I'm supposed to give two top 5 WRs for a couple of barely startable WRs and a QB in a 14 team PPR league?   Puh-leeze.

I hope you guys were just reverse-baiting me by pretending to evaluate this as a serious offer.

Cooper Kupp and Tyreek Hill have the potential to be the top 2 WR the rest of the way out.

No way I trade them for a low end starting QB and 2 trash WRs

Looking at the offer my first thought was "Why would anyone even be considering that? I was relieved to see your later post. 

I have someone trying to get McCaffrey off of me. His offer was fair-ish but still, I'm not trading CMC

36 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Looking at the offer my first thought was "Why would anyone even be considering that? I was relieved to see your later post. 

Glad you picked up on it.  There are still a surprising number of people giving apparently serious responses to the mock-question, though; even after I explained the joke.