Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Cooks going forward

Do you guys see him still being a wr2 in ppr moving forwards? Their pass game looks like it’s struggling, and he is averaging 6 targets a game (skewed by the 12 he got in week 3 which was his only game over 20 pts in ppr). I also feel he will be the classic go-off candidate if he’s benched. 

WR2?  Not really.

In the league I have Cooks, I also have Evans, Boyd, Chark, McLaurin & T. Williams.  Including FLX spots we can play up to 5 WR’s, and moving forward I’m only planning on using Cooks as a bye week fill in unless he turns it around big time.

13 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

WR2?  Not really.

In the league I have Cooks, I also have Evans, Boyd, Chark, McLaurin & T. Williams.  Including FLX spots we can play up to 5 WR’s, and moving forward I’m only planning on using Cooks as a bye week fill in unless he turns it around big time.

Agreed. I meant from initially how he was being drafted as a wr2 or even low end 1. Obviously it seems he’s nowhere near that. 

Now I talking non ppr ok. 

But is his first six games last season he scored double digits twice in the first six games, same as this season. 

His next ten games he went over double digits 5 times and not over 5 times. 

Hes a tough one to project as a sold wr2 going.  

I would say your correct op, that weekend to sit him he’ll go off. 

Thats what you get with him and this team. 

• Thanks 1

Cooks will be the WR to struggle in LA.  I'd trade him if possible.  Without Gurley being healthy, they lose a great pass blocking RB.  They just placed their LG on IR for the year.  Suddenly, Havenstein looks really bad at RT and Whitworth looks his age at Left Tackle.  The guy is old.  Last year he started to slow down a bit as the year went on and it has continued mightily this season.  Their Center is average, but not too bad.  The line took a steep hit when they lost Saffold in the offseason.  The rest is age and injury, along with some inexperience....  The point is Cooks has been their deep threat.  You can't throw deep if you don't have time for your WR to get open.  Teams have learned this over the past couple of games and have pressured Goff more than ever.  The Patriots showed in the Superbowl that if you get pressure on him, he will not make the most accurate of reads.  Find someone that likes Cooks and trade him.  Your roster wouldn't miss him. 

Frankly I'd be concerned with any Ram not named Kupp.

Passing rank yds/tds

'19, 6th (but b/c playing from behind so much)/22nd

'18, 14th/5th

Rushing rank yds/tds

'19, 22nd/22nd

'18, 8th/3rd

Going to get garbage yds passing but otherwise this offense is a shadow of what it was last year (said Captain Obvious). Just pluggin' and playin' a Ram b/c he's a Ram days are over.

I certainly wouldn’t trade him this week, coming off Goff’s 78-yard poopfest. Maybe I’m over-relying on past performance, but I drafted him to be my WR2 and I’m not freaking out just yet. The guy is really talented and has produced pretty consistently across multiple teams/situations. I suppose the gravy train has to end eventually but I’m willing to wait a little too long rather than bailing too early. 

3 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Which Cook?  Dalvin Cook, Brandon Cooks or Jared Cook??

Too many Cooks spoil the lineup.