Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Dalvin Cook says he is fine....Dr. Chao disagrees

1 hour ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

This have avoid written all over it.

I can see them announcing Cook will start but end up getting 0 carries.  Mattison, Boone and Abdullah get 5-6 touches each.

They already declared Cook out.

Oops, jumped the gun. Not officially declared out, just reported "unlikely" to play.

That said, I agree that this is shaping up as a stay-away unless Mattison is officially declared out and we know Boone has the job to himself. If I were debating between one of the Minnesota options and someone playing on Saturday -- say, Singletary or Mostert -- I would play it safe and go with the Saturday option.

1 hour ago, unclemercy said:

dude said the exact same thing about dalvin.

I'm not saying Mattison will play, but since its a mon night game unless you have both, its a roll of the dice if we don't get clarity in the next couple of days. If I had another viable option I would play that guy over boone as of now...

If the Rams lose, I’m somewhat confident that it shall be Boone time. I can’t shake the feeling that both Dalvin and Mattison are super duper hurt and Zimmer is just giving both of them time to try to get ready while waiting on the Saturday night Rams result. 

I just hope we get actionable tea leaf data by late Sunday morning. As it stands, I have all 3 rbs and will hold 1 flex for one of them in the 2nd week of a 2 week final. I have a strong lead but I want to finish strong to stave off any potential blowup shenanigans.

1 hour ago, jimaveli said:

As it stands, I have all 3 rbs and will hold 1 flex for one of them in the 2nd week of a 2 week final.

Same, except I only have Mattison and Boone.

Gonna roll the dice. Absolute worst case scenario (Cook plays), I would have to plug in Lazard.

5 hours ago, zftcg said:

That said, I agree that this is shaping up as a stay-away unless Mattison is officially declared out and we know Boone has the job to himself. If I were debating between one of the Minnesota options and someone playing on Saturday -- say, Singletary or Mostert -- I would play it safe and go with the Saturday option.

Ppr?

I really don’t see Cook playing. 

Vikings' Mike Boone: Prepping for potential Week 16 start

(2 hrs ago) Boone took reps with the first-team offense during Thursday's practice while fellow running backs Dalvin Cook (shoulder) and Alexander Mattison (ankle) were non-participants, Courtney Cronin of ESPN.com reports.

Coach Mike Zimmer was unwilling to offer much clarity on either injured back's status as Monday's game against the Packers approaches, though Adam Schefter of ESPN relayed earlier Thursday that Cook is unlikely to suit up in the divisional game and could be withheld from action in Week 17, too. Meanwhile, Cronin notes that Mattison was spotted working out on the side with a trainer but wasn't doing any running or jogging, which doesn't quell any concern about his health after he sat out the Week 16 win over the Chargers. In that game, Boone impressed while working in relief of an injured Cook, carrying 13 times for 56 yards and two touchdowns. For those in need of running back help in the fantasy playoffs, Boone at the very least makes for an appealing speculative pickup if he's available on the waiver wire, given the poor health of the players ahead of him on the depth chart.

On 12/5/2019 at 2:13 PM, BTL99 said:

Do you start Mattison if he is only gonna get maybe 10 touches?????

Or do you start him thinking that possibly this is all smokescreen and Mattison is actually gonna carry most of the load?

Yes.  75/25 Mattison over Boone.

Well, the Rams scored a lot (I am battling Gurley and Higbee in a 2-week final) but then lost.

And we have an OUT for Cook. Mighty nice of the Vikes to make that clear. Now we just need something on Mattison. C’mon Ian Rappaport! Tell he was seen limping to his car or something!