Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

Well, I'm pretty much back from my vacation to Florida.   Guess the last step dragging my azz to work today.   :cry:   On the plus side, I'm going back in 8 weeks for my brother's wedding, so some more debauchery upcoming.

On this day in 1980, the United States men's Olympic ice hockey team defeated Finland by a score of 4-2. The win gave the US the gold medal for the tournament, but not before the team defeated the Soviet Union 4-3 just two days earlier. ---which just gives me an excuse to play link to this...

Hope everyone has a week as good as Herb Brooks did this week 40 years ago.  :thumbsup:

Will be going to the gulf side of Florida for a weekend sometime in the next few months. Wife hasn’t ever been to that side. Plus I want some whataburger. 

Today I just wanna go back to sleep. 5am came waaaay too early 

47 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Well, I'm pretty much back from my vacation to Florida.   Guess the last step dragging my azz to work today.   :cry:   On the plus side, I'm going back in 8 weeks for my brother's wedding, so some more debauchery upcoming.

On this day in 1980, the United States men's Olympic ice hockey team defeated Finland by a score of 4-2. The win gave the US the gold medal for the tournament, but not before the team defeated the Soviet Union 4-3 just two days earlier. ---which just gives me an excuse to play link to this...

Hope everyone has a week as good as Herb Brooks did this week 40 years ago.  :thumbsup:

By the way, did you check out the Cuban cafes? The bakeries and whatnot? Used to love going there for a $.99 cafe Cubano and a few pastries for breakfast. Would get 2 cafe Cubanos and 2 pastries for like $3-$4 for breakfast. Between my wife and I we would get breakfast for $6. Loved those places 

Hungover this fine Monday.  Sitting at my desk and wanting to puke.  It's going to be a long day.  :(

I need a Monday at work just to recover from the weekend. Thank God we stayed in and had a 'date night' friday.  Saturday was a birthday get-together for a friend that resulted in many glasses of wine. Then, it was 60 and sunny yesterday so a group of us went downtown and walked from one establishment to the next drinking sangria, beer, and wine all day (with some Mexican food mixed in).   My liver is thankful I'm at work. 

59 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

By the way, did you check out the Cuban cafes? The bakeries and whatnot? Used to love going there for a $.99 cafe Cubano and a few pastries for breakfast. Would get 2 cafe Cubanos and 2 pastries for like $3-$4 for breakfast. Between my wife and I we would get breakfast for $6. Loved those places 

Actually did...have a couple of Cubanos while while I was down there, when I was on the Gulf side and Atlantic side(there is a great one in St. Augustine).   I have family all over the state---so every trip down there, includes the sub-trips to Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville.  

Actually feeling pretty good about my return to work, as it is VERY CLEAR by the amount of stuff that apparently only I can do around here, my job security is pretty high.   Also, I have too much stuff to do today.   :cry:

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Actually did...have a couple of Cubanos while while I was down there, when I was on the Gulf side and Atlantic side(there is a great one in St. Augustine).   I have family all over the state---so every trip down there, includes the sub-trips to Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville.  

Actually feeling pretty good about my return to work, as it is VERY CLEAR by the amount of stuff that apparently only I can do around here, my job security is pretty high.   Also, I have too much stuff to do today.   :cry:

Love those Cuban cafes. Can’t wait to go back. I make my own cafe cubano but it’s not the same. Still tastes good. Just doesn’t hit as hard as the ones from there 

7 drinks all weekend (fri-sun), so it appears I am the lightweight.  Beer, beer, G&T, Marg, V&T, Bud, Bud.  

5 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Well when you make $15 an hour this is a bargain. 

6 minutes ago, shotsup said:

Well when you make $15 an hour this is a bargain. 

Bruh. Get new material than temp job I had 4 years ago 🤦🏻‍♂️

Good morning.

In 1980 I was 10, and Dallas was still 13 years out from getting a hockey franchise.... Hockey was so far off my radar, I couldn't have cared less about this game. Which looking back sucks - cuz I can totally see how epic it was now.

30 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Bruh. Get new material than temp job I had 4 years ago 🤦🏻‍♂️

That was not 4 years ago. But whatever. 
Problems backing up a trailer was probably 4 years ago. Another classic. 

10 minutes ago, shotsup said:

That was not 4 years ago. But whatever. 
Problems backing up a trailer was probably 4 years ago. Another classic. 

Yes it was. So was that cause that’s when I moved from Texas