Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Jags shopping Fournette?

Isn't he pretty much their entire offense? 😆

I don't know what kind of draft pick he would get them, maybe a 2nd or 3rd, but I wouldn't think that would be worth it

• sounds like a smoke screen to me

Steelers

The Seahawks had some organizational success back in the day trading for a beast of a man with an attitude who had underperformed expectations until that point.

The Seahawks have a foundational philosophy built on hammering opponents with the run game 

The Seahawks have question marks next to both of their primary hammers coming off injuries

Neither of the injured RBs fit in the quite the way Fournette would anyway

Just sayin' 

2 hours ago, lesjroza said:

The Seahawks had some organizational success back in the day trading for a beast of a man with an attitude who had underperformed expectations until that point.

The Seahawks have a foundational philosophy built on hammering opponents with the run game 

The Seahawks have question marks next to both of their primary hammers coming off injuries

Neither of the injured RBs fit in the quite the way Fournette would anyway

Just sayin' 

I think Seattle would be a perfect fit for Fournette, about as good as any. What I don't get is why the Jags would trade him

The compensation will be interesting.  Fournette only has 1 year left on his deal, so the team acquiring him will go into the negotiation with the mindset that they're going to have 1 year with a RB who will want to explore free agency and on top of that, have the knowledge that Fournette's assimilation into the offense will have to be expedited because of the lack of a true off-season.  My guess is that the Jags won't get much more than a 4th round pick.  If they get more than that, the team acquiring him would be a team that is complete and just needs an RB.  Kansas City, Baltimore, and New Orleans comes to mind on that front.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The compensation will be interesting.  Fournette only has 1 year left on his deal, so the team acquiring him will go into the negotiation with the mindset that they're going to have 1 year with a RB who will want to explore free agency and on top of that, have the knowledge that Fournette's assimilation into the offense will have to be expedited because of the lack of a true off-season.  My guess is that the Jags won't get much more than a 4th round pick.  If they get more than that, the team acquiring him would be a team that is complete and just needs an RB.  Kansas City, Baltimore, and New Orleans comes to mind on that front.

Won't they have an option for a 5th year since he's a 1st rounder?

If not then it makes more sense they want to trade him. Clearly means they don't plan to sign him to a 2nd deal. May as well trade him now and get something for him while they continue to "rebuild"

32 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Won't they have an option for a 5th year since he's a 1st rounder?

If not then it makes more sense they want to trade him. Clearly means they don't plan to sign him to a 2nd deal. May as well trade him now and get something for him while they continue to "rebuild"

They have until May 4th to do it.  I'd guess that a team trading for him would be inclined to do it after trading for him.

7 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They have until May 4th to do it.  I'd guess that a team trading for him would be inclined to do it after trading for him.

Okay, I would think whichever team he ends up on would want to take the 5ht year option. Be it the Jags or some other team.

That would be two seasons with a top notch RB. I figure you can't really expect much more than 2 years from a RB any way.

The 49ers would be a great fit too. You can't expect their 3-4 RB by committee to work every year.

I think more teams want to go more RBBC then one main rb.  

The game as become so situational.  

And boring.  

Steelers would be a very good fit.