vuduchile

Youth baseball is back!

Sorta.  

In MI, youth baseball can begin now, but there are many restrictions.  Whitmer and her team just can't let go.  The worst being that we are only allowed 1 practice and 1 game per week for a total of 5 weeks.  5 games is all they get.  Why?  If gatherings of 100 are ok in July, why not in Aug?  It's stupid.  No lead offs, no steals, no concessions except pre-packaged stuff that doesn't have to be handled, and loads of other restrictions.   That's a lot of time and effort to get the league going for only 5 games, so we're not going to do it.  

Instead, I'm taking 5 kids from my town and joining up with 5 kids from a town over in IN to play in their league for a full season.  I'm coaching.  Both my sons are playing on the team and we start practice today.  

The season starts July 6 and runs through the end of Sept.  If youth football is played here in the fall, this will be a conflict, but after having written off the whole baseball season, I'm happy the boys will get to play.  We'll cross that football bridge when we come to it. 

• Like 1

Good to hear. I am hoping we have a football season in the fall. Baseball should be so focking easy to open up. Very little close contact.

• Like 1

Our spring session was canceled and everyone is getting a 75% refund. We are on target for a summer session. 

In a email to the parents before the season was canceled I told them we would play baseball the way it's meant to be played. I would give instructions and teach the kids the only way I know how. That means hands-on and together. We would give high fives, I will correct stances. If they are uncomfortable with that they can request a new coach. Nobody requested a change.

Ban stealing. It is a symbol of white supremacy stealing from minorities and rarely getting caught and punished.  Even though minorities are the best stealers. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ban stealing. It is a symbol of white supremacy stealing from minorities and rarely getting caught and punished.  Even though minorities are the best stealers. 

Whitmer has already done that.  See above. 

25 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Only 75% refunds? We gave 100% back to families in the middle of this situation.

In my son's soccer league they gave refunds, but:

We can take the fee and use it for next season, minus $25 "admin fee"...
We can take the fee and have it returned, minus $50 "admin fee"...
We can do nothing and make the fee a donation to the club...

Some non-profit...

24 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Only 75% refunds? We gave 100% back to families in the middle of this situation.

Yes, the league had jerseys made up, insurance and some other bills that the league couldn't get refunded for. 

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Whitmer has already done that.  See above. 

She’s doing that under the guise of covid. Let’s make a statement! Let’s get real and confront the patriarchy. 

yay 💤

1 hour ago, posty said:

In my son's soccer league they gave refunds, but:

We can take the fee and use it for next season, minus $25 "admin fee"...
We can take the fee and have it returned, minus $50 "admin fee"...
We can do nothing and make the fee a donation to the club...

Some non-profit...

We are refunding everyone 100%.   We offered that over a month ago for anyone who wanted their money back right away.  

28 minutes ago, edjr said:

yay 💤

Sorry this bores you.  What do you do for fun with your son?  Lines?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

We are refunding everyone 100%.   We offered that over a month ago for anyone who wanted their money back right away.  

We did the same for our spring football (and cheer) stuff. You have can 100% refund or you can roll it into this fall. Only had a couple of people who wanted a refund, some people wanted to donate their money to the program and we ended up with far more registrations for fall than we have had in a while. 

We told people that we did not want their money and that they don't have to pay until we know there will be a season. Families should be able to hang onto their money. We have them do fundraising during the season and we manage the money well enough that we can afford to lose some money if unforeseen events happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

We did the same for our spring football (and cheer) stuff. You have can 100% refund or you can roll it into this fall. Only had a couple of people who wanted a refund, some people wanted to donate their money to the program and we ended up with far more registrations for fall than we have had in a while. 

We told people that we did not want their money and that they don't have to pay until we know there will be a season. Families should be able to hang onto their money. We have them do fundraising during the season and we manage the money well enough that we can afford to lose some money if unforeseen events happen.

My flag football league refunded 100%

2 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Sorry this bores you.  What do you do for fun with your son?  Lines?

You betcha