Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Teachers union to support strike

It's easy peasy, you don't show up for work you don't get paid.  

Nobody should have a problem with that, right?

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

It's easy peasy, you don't show up for work you don't get paid.  

Nobody should have a problem with that, right?

But they'll claim that there's HOURS of prep time for that 30 minutes a day of actual teaching that they do.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

But they'll claim that there's HOURS of prep time for that 30 minutes a day of actual teaching that they do.

Ok give em the 30 minutes, thats fair.

If schools open and there are no issues it kills their vote by mail push. If schools don’t open we still live in fear of the unknown. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/07/31/covid-updates-unemployment-stimulus-congress-florida-cases/5547950002/

An outbreak at a Georgia summer camp provides further evidence that children of all ages are susceptible to infection and "might play an important role in transmission," according to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report Friday.

5 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/07/31/covid-updates-unemployment-stimulus-congress-florida-cases/5547950002/

An outbreak at a Georgia summer camp provides further evidence that children of all ages are susceptible to infection and "might play an important role in transmission," according to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report Friday.

Outbreak? Hospitalizations? Casualties? 

I remember getting the flu that killed 60,000 people in the US. It sucked for a few days but somehow, I managed to keep my personal economy afloat by going to work, and my life in order, and my happiness in tact, etc, etc, etc. :thumbsup:

I am generally against public unions, but im not quite sure what the issue is here. Theyre supporting local chapters to strike if reopening plans are deemed unsafe. Local schools in my area are doing either half days or every other day and so far there are no strikes announced.  If the plan was to open schools without any precautions, I would be fine if teachers didnt want to go to work. I might do the same if my company didnt take proper precautions and expected me to show up.

Teachers who refuse to work should be quarantined in their homes,  not allowed to leave to shop at Walmart, grocery stores or eat at restaurants until they feel its safe to return to work. 

• Like 1