Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Washington releases RB Derrius Guice

I’m going to automatically assume he’s above Penny on the depth chart, since Penny is on the pup list.  

So Penny is a guaranteed to miss at least the first six games of the season. And then maybe even more. 

So that’s would put Hyde as the number two rb, and making him very able to take work away from Carson. 

Remember last season week 12 and 13 Penny had his two big games, Carson wasn’t hurt during those games, Penny was healthy , and if he would have been able to stay healthy , he would taken even more work late last season from the fumbles Carson.  

Hyde is both healthy and able to do so. 

I appreciate your replies, thank you. 

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

I’m going to automatically assume he’s above Penny on the depth chart, since Penny is on the pup list.  

So Penny is a guaranteed to miss at least the first six games of the season. And then maybe even more. 

So that’s would put Hyde as the number two rb, and making him very able to take work away from Carson. 

Remember last season week 12 and 13 Penny had his two big games, Carson wasn’t hurt during those games, Penny was healthy , and if he would have been able to stay healthy , he would taken even more work late last season from the fumbles Carson.  

Hyde is both healthy and able to do so. 

I appreciate your replies, thank you. 

I generally agree with all of this except in my opinion Penny is the far more talented RB, prior to getting hurt. Seattle was trying to implement a 2 headed RBBC with them. I think Hyde is mostly for depth. I could be wrong but you don’t bring in a guy who’s been on 6 different teams in 4 seasons, to battle or even share with your top dawg Chris Carson. Hyde is a solid veteran, but I seriously doubt he carves out any kind of role without Carson getting hurt. And then finally once Penny gets back it only makes Hyde’s situation even more difficult to predict week to week. 

For someone who’s not even guaranteed to be the primary backup (once Penny returns) I see no value unless Carson gets hurt. Just my opinion but Hyde won’t be on any of my rosters this year. I had him in a few leagues last year and he was great. I’m an opportunist and a realist. Call me skeptical but until I see it, Carson is the undisputed guy in Seattle.

29 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I generally agree with all of this except in my opinion Penny is the far more talented RB, prior to getting hurt. Seattle was trying to implement a 2 headed RBBC with them. I think Hyde is mostly for depth. I could be wrong but you don’t bring in a guy who’s been on 6 different teams in 4 seasons, to battle or even share with your top dawg Chris Carson. Hyde is a solid veteran, but I seriously doubt he carves out any kind of role without Carson getting hurt. And then finally once Penny gets back it only makes Hyde’s situation even more difficult to predict week to week. 

For someone who’s not even guaranteed to be the primary backup (once Penny returns) I see no value unless Carson gets hurt. Just my opinion but Hyde won’t be on any of my rosters this year. I had him in a few leagues last year and he was great. I’m an opportunist and a realist. Call me skeptical but until I see it, Carson is the undisputed guy in Seattle.

There is nothing that I said that you can’t agree with. 

Hyde is healthy , and Penny is on the pup list, and not going to be available for at least the first six games, or maybe even more of the season, that’s about half a ff reg season.  

So that does make Hyde more valuable of a pick going into this season then Penny, I think it’s a good move to take the player that we’ll be producing and not the one that won’t, at least for the first six game or more ,maybe. 

Also I never said Hyde was a better player then Penny, not once, I even said that if Penny had stayed healthy last season, Carson doesn’t post the numbers he did. 

My whole point about Hyde, was that I liked him more as a late flyer over your guy Gibson. 

So in the end, you don’t have anything to disagree with.  

Thanks. 

Will Guice go to jail?  Their football team has to be much better than the Redskins...

49 minutes ago, weepaws said:

There is nothing that I said that you can’t agree with. 

Hyde is healthy , and Penny is on the pup list, and not going to be available for at least the first six games, or maybe even more of the season, that’s about half a ff reg season.  

So that does make Hyde more valuable of a pick going into this season then Penny, I think it’s a good move to take the player that we’ll be producing and not the one that won’t, at least for the first six game or more ,maybe. 

Also I never said Hyde was a better player then Penny, not once, I even said that if Penny had stayed healthy last season, Carson doesn’t post the numbers he did. 

My whole point about Hyde, was that I liked him more as a late flyer over your guy Gibson. 

So in the end, you don’t have anything to disagree with.  

Thanks. 

Right. I don’t want Hyde or Penny. You’re drafting someone with the upside of sharing the ball for 6 weeks. There’s no guarantee that Carson will share the ball at all in the first 6 weeks. After that, Penny joins the group and makes it more difficult for Hyde to get touches. 

Carson remains the bellcow until proven otherwise. Tiki Barber had fumble issues that he corrected. I’m sure Carson is aware of his fumble issues. I don’t think 6 weeks is enough of a timeframe for Carson to fumble the job away. He can get hurt but to that point so can anyone else. 

You still haven’t responded to why Hyde has been on 6 teams in the past 4 years. Why do you think that is? 

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Right. I don’t want Hyde or Penny. You’re drafting someone with the upside of sharing the ball for 6 weeks. There’s no guarantee that Carson will share the ball at all in the first 6 weeks. After that, Penny joins the group and makes it more difficult for Hyde to get touches. 

Carson remains the bellcow until proven otherwise. Tiki Barber had fumble issues that he corrected. I’m sure Carson is aware of his fumble issues. I don’t think 6 weeks is enough of a timeframe for Carson to fumble the job away. He can get hurt but to that point so can anyone else. 

You still haven’t responded to why Hyde has been on 6 teams in the past 4 years. Why do you think that is? 

I didn’t see were you asked me why Hyde as been on 6 teams in the past 4 years, I looked back you your post, and you said remember that Hyde as been on 6 teams the last four years. This is only his 4th team, Niners, Browns, Texans, and Seahawks   

But that doesn’t concern me this season.  But if I need to answer the question, that would be this is the 4th that thinks he’s worthy of a roster spot, and so do I.  

And that’s ok that you don’t want Hyde, but I’ll take him over your pick Gibson .  And that was were we started. 

And once again I’m not targeting Hyde as a weekly , but as a late flyer, and if fumbles starts to fumble away the ball again, Hyde You was a 1000 yard rusher last season, would be very capable to handle the work load, and when and or if Penny returns after mission six games I’ll see what to do with my late flyer at that time.  

Thanks. 

33 minutes ago, weepaws said:

This is only his 4th team, Niners, Browns, Texans, and Seahawks

Cleveland traded him to Jacksonville in the middle of the 2018 season, and then he was signed to the Chiefs before the 2019 season (and then traded to Houston) so yes, six teams in the past 4 years.

• Like 1

Your right, I was looking at his stats on FFToday. 

And they don’t list either KC nor the Browns on his bio.  

Sorry about that.  

But I’ll stick to my previous post for my answer. 

Thanks for the update. 

Peterson released. Now what?

Buyer beware.  

RBBC with four Rbs. 

Peterson released. Now what?

Peterson to Tampa Bay!

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2020 at 1:41 AM, weepaws said:

Barber might be the one to own in non ppr. experience and he’ll be the goal line guy.  

Even more so today. 

37 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Peterson to Tampa Bay!

Oh please lord and baby jeebus, make this happen...

5 hours ago, stonewall said:

Peterson to Tampa Bay!

I wouldn't be upset.  Love the depth.  He'd have to take league minimum though.  He probably would too.  Worth it when he has a ring.