Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Rams at 49ers: SNF Discussion

Inactives

Rams: RB Raymond Calais, OLB Ogbo Okoronkwo, C Brian Allen, WR Trishton Jackson, TE Brycen Hopkins

49ers: QB C.J. Beathard, RB Jeff Wilson, WR Dante Pettis, DL Darrion Daniels, OL Tom Compton, LB Kwon Alexander, CB Dontae Johnson

End of the 1st quarter... Collinsworth starts talking about that last pass to Deebo was the 4th completion behind the line of scrimmage.  Then he starts saying, "We've seen all the backup quarterbacks..." And I started laughing out loud because I thought he was going to say all the backup quarterbacks have limited playbooks and Garoppolo should be a back up qb.

But he finished it, "We've seen all the back up quarterbacks for the 49ers and they need Garoppolo in there." And I was a little disappointed.

I should've known after that clusterfùck by the 49ers last week they would come out focused.  Problem is the Rams treated the Giants as a look ahead last week too, so you'd think they would be focused too.

I assume when the offensive linemen reach out and touch the offside guy, they must be running the ball.  Cue collinsworth bringing up the same point but reading it wrong as usual.

Woods had 2 handoffs in a row.  Then they bring him in motion and the middle and outside linebacker respect it waaay too much.  No way they're giving him the ball 3 times in a row.  Meanwhile Henderson has a nice hole for an 8 yard gain.

It looks like McVey lit a fire under them at halftime.  Let's see if it sticks.  Noticeable uptick in intensity to start the 2nd half.

It's against the rules to be moving forward while in motion at the time of the snap.  I've noticed players that are anticipating their block start moving toward the line of scrimmage several times this year and it hasn't been called once.  I wonder if they've relaxed that rule somehow.  I always think there is going to be an illegal motion flag.

I hate that intentional grounding rule, but that was textbook intentional grounding on Goff.  Ball never made it to the line of scrimmage, and saying a receiver was in the area would be quite generous.

McVey is a lying MF’r. It’s the Malcom Brown show. For some reason 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

McVey is a lying MF’r. It’s the Malcom Brown show. For some reason 

I think he might have caught Akers banging his wife.

6 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

McVey is vastly overrated.

I'll never draft a player on a team he's the coach of again.

This will be interesting on the downed punt at the half yard line.  I thought his back slid into the end zone, but the angle they showed going to commercial made it look like he was juuuust short of sliding in.  I'm not sure what the dumbass touchback rules are these days, though.

I'm hoping his removal was largely precautionary.  But dang he is a tease to his owners.  Keeps putting up 80 yard halves and then going down for a game or two.

Mosterarris can be high maintenance but worth it. He is often one missed tackle away from a house call.