Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Gronk

From retirement yes, as a ff te1 he used to be, in spots.  

But cant count on him. 

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Is he back or just wishful thinking after 1 decent game?

well, I figured if he returned to form it would take a couple of games to get there.

This is the point of the season where I would expect this to happen.

That isnt a guarantee of any sort.   hes an older player who had been out of football a year.  but if it were to happen and he were to return to form, now is the time I'd be expecting it.

• Like 1

Everyone pump the brakes; Gronk is a TE on an Arians-coached team.

That's almost as bad as being a RB on a Belichick-coached team.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

haha true. 

But I do think Brady will utilize the tool.

but due to the way the offense is designed I dont know that Gronk will ever be a top 5 TE anymore

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

That's not very nice (but probly true).

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

haha true. 

but due to the way the offense is designed I dont know that Gronk will ever be a top 5 TE anymore

Big advantage for Gronk, Howard is out for the season, I see a unreliable te rest of season, with a couple of games like last weekend. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Big advantage for Gronk, Howard is out for the season, I see a unreliable te rest of season, with a couple of games like last weekend. 

You might be right.

I have a top 3 TE in both of my leagues so I'd only consider picking him up to cover a bye or an injury at this point. (and I would suggest hes good at least for that purpose)

if you have a lower ranking (6-12) TE Gronk may be a good weekly streaming option with the right matchup.

but it really depends on the matchups of all your options.

I think he's back, they were waiting for him to get in game shape and saving him a bit for end of year. Howard injury obviously helps too. I'd be buying bigly.

2 hours ago, Donkey said:

I think he's back, they were waiting for him to get in game shape and saving him a bit for end of year. Howard injury obviously helps too. I'd be buying bigly.

well, like. I said.  if you dont have one of the top 5 or 6 TE, hes not a terrible risk.  the guy you are dropping may not be any better.

especially if you. have one of the lower end starting TE's.

at that point theres not much risk in grabbing him, and a reasonable amount of upside if he is, indeed back to being himself.

On 10/20/2020 at 12:56 PM, AxeElf said:

On 10/20/2020 at 1:01 PM, Ray_T said:

haha true. 

Howard getting hurt and the Bucs only having Brate and Gronk leads to Gronk being on the field more.  Brady is NOT Winston.  Brady will go through his progressions and eventually get to his TE, unlike Winston who read Evans, Godwin, Defensive player.  Both Godwin and Evans haven't been mainstays in the lineup due to health reasons, so Brady, at this point in time has a better rapport with Gronk than anyone else.  I can see more games like Sunday in Gronk's near future.

38 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Howard getting hurt and the Bucs only having Brate and Gronk leads to Gronk being on the field more.  Brady is NOT Winston.  Brady will go through his progressions and eventually get to his TE, unlike Winston who read Evans, Godwin, Defensive player.  Both Godwin and Evans haven't been mainstays in the lineup due to health reasons, so Brady, at this point in time has a better rapport with Gronk than anyone else.  I can see more games like Sunday in Gronk's near future.

Why I didn’t see the Bucs having two top ten WRs this season, injury aside, it wasn’t going to happen. 

Is he going to have some more good games this season?  Probably so, don't know which ones though.

Is he going to turn into the record setting TE he was in his heyday in Foxboro?  Don't count on it

12 hours ago, weepaws said:

Why I didn’t see the Bucs having two top ten WRs this season, injury aside, it wasn’t going to happen. 

If you say so.

17 hours ago, weepaws said:

stop blowing spoke 

7 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If you say so.

Lol we did have that discussion. 

Yea he did have another outstanding game, now back to back weeks. 

Good game also if you own Fournette, he’s healthy , and his second healthy game with the Bucs , he was the Bucs rb to own. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Good game also if you own Fournette, he’s healthy , and his second healthy game with the Bucs , he was the Bucs rb to own. 

wrong again.   it's a 50-50 split.    stop obsessing.   you did the same last year when you tried  to persuade us the Aaron Jones was not a RB1.  it took you 15 weeks to finally give in.

It;'s week 7.  Fournette has had two good carries.  move on

1 hour ago, Canadianfan said:

wrong again.   it's a 50-50 split.    stop obsessing.   you did the same last year when you tried  to persuade us the Aaron Jones was not a RB1.  it took you 15 weeks to finally give in.

It;'s week 7.  Fournette has had two good carries.  move on

So he wasn’t the rb to own for the Bucs in yesterday’s game? 

Never tried to persuade anyone of their own thinking, no one listens to me anyway, right? 

You seem very weak this season, very upset, hows it going in your life right now? 

Lets calm down here.

This isnt really a Fournette thread. (hint: maybe you should start one)

as for Gronk, hes looking better as the season progresses.   I think if you dont have a top 6 TE on your roster, you need to start thinking about this guy.

I think hes good enough that he should be rostered somewhere.

Not saying he will win your draft for you, but if you are having TE problems, he is at least good enough to stop (or slow) the bleeding.

40 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So he wasn’t the rb to own for the Bucs in yesterday’s game? 

Never tried to persuade anyone of their own thinking, no one listens to me anyway, right? 

You seem very weak this season, very upset, hows it going in your life right now? 

this is a fantasy football discussion forum, I'm not upset, just talking football.  no need to get into personal life chats, we all have our issues ....I come here to bust balls on fantasy football, and maybe get some insight from you guys.  I apologize if you think I was taking a personal shot at you.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

Lets calm down here.

This isnt really a Fournette thread. (hint: maybe you should start one)

as for Gronk, hes looking better as the season progresses.   I think if you dont have a top 6 TE on your roster, you need to start thinking about this guy.

I think hes good enough that he should be rostered somewhere.

Not saying he will win your draft for you, but if you are having TE problems, he is at least good enough to stop (or slow) the bleeding.

Maybe, that how I see it, he’s now posted two very good te 1 games, but he was awfull before then , now could be because Howard is out. 

But im still on the wagon.  

1 hour ago, Canadianfan said:

this is a fantasy football discussion forum, I'm not upset, just talking football.  no need to get into personal life chats, we all have our issues ....I come here to bust balls on fantasy football, and maybe get some insight from you guys.  I apologize if you think I was taking a personal shot at you.

You didn’t answer the question, was Fournette the right rb to own with the Bucs this past weekend? 

I don’t take anything anyone says about be on here personally, I think I’ve showed that many many times, just look at previous post towards me , but you seem to post to everyone the same, very aggressive, so I’m just concern. You might think I’m pulling your leg, but I’m not, I’m concern, so you can take it for what that’s worth. 

Thanks, I always injjoy posting with you.