Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

UPDATED: Gardner Minshew Out Week 9

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Gardner Minshew is dealing with multiple fractures and a strained ligament in this right thumb.

The coaching staff reportedly didn't know Minshew had been dealing with his injuries since Week 5 against Houston

If this is true the jags coaching and medical staff suck balls. 

Either way this is all just pretext for starting jake lutton after the bye week. 

I've been holding on to Chark in a league (luckily havent needed to start him too often). May try to trade him away.  Minshew is a decent QB. I cant see whoever behind him being that much of an upgrade, if any.  

well, Minshew looks to have regressed somewhat.  From what i've seen the decision making hasnt been as good.

Not sure that the injury played a role, but it certainly didnt help.   

I'd say its more likely to affect his deep throws where you have to put more muscle into the throws.   As Chark does have great speed, hes the most likely player to have a negative impact from this.

a QB change (if there is one) could be good for Chark.  I dont know that i'd dump him yet.   if you are getting a good return, thats fine, but you shouldnt be selling him for pennies on the dollar.  Not yet anyways.

Minshew has been missing Chark on easy throws recently.  His injury may explain this.  I don't see how a QB change now could make Chark WORSE right now.  I'm holding for another few weeks.  

• Like 1

I would also hold, don’t see why you would drop, and you wouldn’t get much in a trade.  

Shenault could be a starter this week.  Generally the WR's that backup QB's work with the most are the ones they target when the backup QB plays.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Minshew lost his job tonight. 

The stash is cut

2 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Minshew lost his job tonight. 

Maybe, Minshew has been playing for a few weeks with his, so that’s been hurting his performance, not saying your not right, but maybe not.  

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Maybe, Minshew has been playing for a few weeks with his, so that’s been hurting his performance, not saying your not right, but maybe not.  

He gets another start at a green bay defense that had a tough time against the replacements the 49ers put out.  Minshew is still "injured" but let's be real he was not going to start after the bye and now that lutton did not look lost and took more shots downfield minshews job is gone. They will string out his injury as long as they can and then put him on IR 

8 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

He gets another start at a green bay defense that had a tough time against the replacements the 49ers put out.  Minshew is still "injured" but let's be real he was not going to start after the bye and now that lutton did not look lost and took more shots downfield minshews job is gone. They will string out his injury as long as they can and then put him on IR 

It’s going to be interesting going forward.