JustinCharge

What would it take for the 2020-21 Cowboys season to be a success?

What would it take for the 2020-21 Cowboys season to be a success?  

4 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What would it take for the 2020-21 Cowboys season to be a success?

• Win a division title.
    • in 1 playoff game.
    • Reach the NFC title game.
    • Almost win the NFC title game
    • Reach the Super Bowl
    • Almost win the Super Bowl
    • They need to actually WIN the Super Bowl or it is a failure.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2021 at 10:34 PM

They are still very much alive for the NFC East title.  QB Andy Dalton looks like he is locked in and the Cowboys are actually playing their best football of the season now.  But how far do they need to go to call this season a success?

1. Win a division title.
2. Win 1 playoff game.
3. Reach the NFC title game.
4. Almost win the NFC title game
5. Reach the Super Bowl
6. Almost win the Super Bowl
7. They need to actually WIN the Super Bowl or it is a failure.

This year after all the injuries and changes being in the position they're in, just Winning the East is a success.

I'm personally happy with their efforts lately with all things considered.

I think Oklahoma State needs a new QB

I've been a lifelong Dallas Cowboys hater, but I'm rooting for them this year after hearing all the sports-radio clowns putting a fork in them at mid-season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strike said:

No Jerry Jones selling the team?  FAIL!!!!

I was going to say Jerrah stepping down as GM. He's a great owner. He just sucks as GM. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5-Points said:

I was going to say Jerrah stepping down as GM. He's a great owner. He just sucks as GM. 

I think drafting Ceedee Lamb was a great pick.
I think not paying Dak was the correct move. 

Really the problem they have is no franchise QB.  But a lot of franchises suffer that.

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I think drafting Ceedee Lamb was a great pick.
I think not paying Dak was the correct move. 

Really the problem they have is no franchise QB.  But a lot of franchises suffer that.

They haven't been relevant since Jimmy Johnson left, except for the first couple years when they were still playing with players he drafted/coached.  They've had a franchise QB during that time.  Jerry Jones is simply a trainwreck at acquiring talent, and he micromanages his coaches.  There's nothing wrong with being heavily involved with the franchise that you own (see Pat Bowlen) but he does it wrong.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

They haven't been relevant since Jimmy Johnson left, except for the first couple years when they were still playing with players he drafted/coached.  They've had a franchise QB during that time.  Jerry Jones is simply a trainwreck at acquiring talent, and he micromanages his coaches.  There's nothing wrong with being heavily involved with the franchise that you own (see Pat Bowlen) but he does it wrong.

I disagree on the franchise QB.  They haven't had one since Aikman.  And some people say Aikman wasn't even a franchise QB.

Best way to describe a franchise QB is a guy that elevates the play of the talent given, particularly WRs.  A franchise QB takes poor WRs and make them look good by throwing accurate passes to the correct spot or in way that the WR catches in stride.  Dak is no franchise QB because if you take away the stellar WR corp, he cannot elevate poor WRs.  Arron Rodgers is a franchise QB.  WRs blown up and he still makes it work.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

I disagree on the franchise QB.  They haven't had one since Aikman.  And some people say Aikman wasn't even a franchise QB.

Anyone who thinks those things has a lofty definition of a franchise QB. 

I don't see a big difference between Dak and Dalton.  I think if you give them both an elite fleet of WRs, they are going to thrive.  Maybe Dak would be a little bit better, but what is Dak going to cost you?  Dalton will cost maybe a few million per year?  And Dak will demand like $35 million or something?  I just pay Dalton and draft a rookie.  The dropoff in performance isn't $30 million in value.

51 minutes ago, Strike said:

They were the number one seed in 2007.