Mike Isles

*** Breaking News ...Stafford for Goff

16 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yikes, even if Brees retires, ouch.

The Saints run is over.  They have lost the QB and need to dismantle parts of what's left to get under the cap.

19 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The Lions win because they get 3 picks (2 premium), to help rebuild their team.

Meh the 1st rounders the Lions are getting are not premium.  They will be late 1st round, akin to a 2nd round pick in the 1980s.  They do give the Lions the ability to trade around and get the players they want.  If the Lions want Justin Fields,they could trade the #7 and one of the 1st rounders to the Jets and that might get him.

Kinda Punky if Watson said he wants to go to the Jets. They have a QB under contract. Aren’t they all in this together? 

6 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

The Saints run is over.  They have lost the QB and need to dismantle parts of what's left to get under the cap.

They brought in Winston to learn under Brees. I am high on Winston anyway because he isn't afraid to chuck the ball. I think NO will be just as good next season. Kamara, Thomas,  Hill will all be there. 

5 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Meh the 1st rounders the Lions are getting are not premium.  They will be late 1st round, akin to a 2nd round pick in the 1980s.  They do give the Lions the ability to trade around and get the players they want.  If the Lions want Justin Fields,they could trade the #7 and one of the 1st rounders to the Jets and that might get him.

Give me any 3 year starter on any team over a pick higher than 20. Those 1st rounders were window dressing, and yes, good for trading.

14 hours ago, lod001 said:

Seems kind of odd to me that the only WR that Stafford had a problem getting the ball to was Johnson.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

All first round picks are premium picks, regardless of the number.  Great players can be had at any point in the draft.  It's up to the GM's/Team to make the right picks.  The earlier the pick, the better the chance of getting your guy. 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

All first round picks are premium picks, regardless of the number.  Great players can be had at any point in the draft.  It's up to the GM's/Team to make the right picks.  The earlier the pick, the better the chance of getting your guy. 

Number of pro bowlers found from 2010-2019:

in the top 10: 4+5+5+7+7+6+3+6+8+7 58%

from 11-20: 0+6+3+3+3+7+3+3+4+6  38%

from 21-32:  1+1+3+1+1+4+6+5+4+4 25%

You are all over the place with what you are saying.  You claim all picks are premium picks but higher picks are better.  So how premium are late first rounders to you really?  I'm not sure.  Let's clear it up a little bit. The above shows the percentage of pro bowl players taken in 3 tiers of the first round for a 10 year period.  From this it would seem 2 late round picks like the Lions are likely getting yield the same odds as one top 10 selection. 

52 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Number of pro bowlers found from 2010-2019:

in the top 10: 4+5+5+7+7+6+3+6+8+7 58%

from 11-20: 0+6+3+3+3+7+3+3+4+6  38%

from 21-32:  1+1+3+1+1+4+6+5+4+4 25%

You are all over the place with what you are saying.  You claim all picks are premium picks but higher picks are better.  So how premium are late first rounders to you really?  I'm not sure.  Let's clear it up a little bit. The above shows the percentage of pro bowl players taken in 3 tiers of the first round for a 10 year period.  From this it would seem 2 late round picks like the Lions are likely getting yield the same odds as one top 10 selection. 

No, you're just being like my son when he was 12... he took everything too literally.  The higher the pick, the more value.  Period.  Yes, a top 5 pick is worth more than picks 28-32.  But 28-32 is infinitely more valuable than 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th round picks.  First round picks, regardless of number also have more value when trading and not just for the player that was picked.  If Detroit wanted to trade up, having a pick in the first round will get them further than any pick in the 2nd round (or later), will.

Also, I don't really put a lot of stock in Pro Bowls.  They're popularity contests.  Besides, how many players in your list there were counted some years and not other years... even though their play didn't change, but the team as a whole did?  Just as an example, Lavonte David made 1 Pro Bowl in his career.  To note, that didn't come in a year where he was named to the All Pro team.  Essentially, the "football people" thought David was one of the 3 best LB's in the entire league... yet, the voting public didn't think he was one of the 5 best in the NFC.  Who do you think has more credibility?  David is considered to be one of the better LB's in the NFL, yet he only has 1 Pro Bowl, in 2015.  According to PFF's ratings, he's ranked in the top 5 in LB's 4 of the last 5 seasons (since that Pro Bowl), and has been selected to a total of 0.  I'm willing to bet that I can find multiple players from many teams over the last 10 years that deserved to be in the Pro Bowl over other players, but didn't get it.

6 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I don’t. Big time kneeler. He can Fock off. 

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

maybe it wasn't all on goff

The Detroit Lions are sh1t stew.  No matter which ingredients you add after, if the base is a hot stew of sh1t, there is no fixing it.  And that is what we are.

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

The Detroit Lions are sh1t stew.  No matter which ingredients you add after, if the base is a hot stew of sh1t, there is no fixing it.  And that is what we are.

Tigers aren’t much better. 

5 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Nor the Pistons.

I know

They don’t make very good cars there anymore either.