titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Old Man Stagnation

Is it me or the NBA is grooming game show hosts??  Leflop, dwayne wade, curry?  All have game shows now

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Black shows suck now. Grew up watching The Jefferson’s, Good Times, Whats Happening and as I got older Martin and Living Color. Could you imagine watching something like “Blackish” now? 

Sanford and Son.

Blackish- gods. The only thing I know about Blackish is that is was the show with the black guy who taught Jimmy Kimmel how to fully embrace his white liberal quasi-male qausi-hetro identity at the Rat's Ass Awards a few years back. Yeah, I'm not watching that.

But I did love the award ceremony. I really felt the chemistry between the two onstage that day. Kimmel was the perfect representation of every white male Democrat who I recommend should study him to learn how to behave in public around black folks.

• Thanks 1

Was i born into a time of not being terrified of liking new things? I never noticed my grandfather listen to a song on purpose that was created after the year 1960. I cant stand listening to the same old stuff over and over

One of the best things that happened to me the last time I was in the US, was that my aunt lent me her car. Her car audio was programmed with nothing but 50s and 60s rock music. I didn't recognize but only 20-25% of it, but man, that was some good stuff. Hit after hit I loved and didn't know. Good times. She has some good taste and it was refreshing to hear so much new music I like and didn't know.

I had got old before my time. I'd left home in 1989 to go to Germany in the Army, wrapped around that four+ month camping trip running around the focking desert with the tankers. By the time I got back, I was hating the new music post-1992 or so. I had only been gone three years but the music scene had gone to sh*t. Consequently, I spent most of the 90s, prettty much my entire twenties, tuned out of new music. Instead I was rediscovering the '70s via classic rock stations on the car radio. Then I left for China in 2001 just before I turned 30. In China, I don't really discover new things, it's more listening to stuff I already know and finding or re-discovering hidden gems.

They were certainly better times, I've been living in the 60's & 70's as often as possible since then.

9 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

They were certainly better times, I've been living in the 60's & 70's as often as possible since then.

Yea I watch a lot of 70's TV and listen to a good bit of 70's music. Was just better times and better music and TV comedies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Was i born into a time of not being terrified of liking new things? 

that’s not it.  I like many genre.  I do not like country, gangsta rap, and bubble gum trendy pop. I occasionally listen to music on the radio (90% streamed), but find myself changing it often, or going back to streaming.

So what do you believe I/we are missing out on?

2 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Yea I watch a lot of 70's TV and listen to a good bit of 70's music. Was just better times and better music and TV comedies.

we were young, naive and had hope for the future, nowadays it's pretty sketchy

2 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Very true and we wasn't ruled by our cell phones. We would actually do fun stuff without taking pictures of what we did. I swear now days people only do stuff to get praise by others on social media.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

In all honesty, it's probably no more sketch now than it was then. We just hear about a lot of sh!t we never did back then. Politicians probably have to be far more discreet and careful now than ever before. 

• Like 1