Sign in to follow this  
joneo

What do vaccinated people think?

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

They don't want the FDA to approve because they then would need to associate possible side effects every time they say you need to get the drug.

100% incorrect. More importantly, you didn't answer any of my questions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, penultimatestraw said:

100% incorrect.

Sorry. When you start a comment with a lie, nothing else gets read.

On 8/14/2021 at 10:42 AM, wiffleball said:

Personally, I think people who haven't been vaccinated because they think that the government's putting a tracking chip in them are f****** stupid.

Don’t you talk about my mom like that!

3 hours ago, penultimatestraw said:

I'm sure the answer is multifactorial, but I'll answer your question with another: why are physicians overwhelmingly in favor of getting vaccinated? This includes plenty of frontline workers, and women of childbearing age.

And a couple more questions:

How much immunology, infectious disease and public health training does a typical nurse receive? What about interpretation of clinical data?

When you are looking for medical advice, do you prefer to ask a doctor or a nurse?

Nursing is an extremely challenging and noble profession, but there's little reason to believe they are adept at evidence-based clinical decisions.

I agree, I actually pointed out in my post after that about the fact that medical doctors are among the most likely to take it.

Are nurses even getting the vax at a higher rate than the general public though?  (Honest question, I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure they're at least on par).  While they don't know as much as doctors, I would think they should know more than Joe Schmo.

On 8/16/2021 at 9:51 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

And still they try.  One word of advice I pass on to young people is once someone is trying to sell you something or convince you of something and you hear the percentages being brought into it, assume you are being misled. Not always of course, but often. 

What percent of the time? :dunno:

7 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I agree, I actually pointed out in my post after that about the fact that medical doctors are among the most likely to take it.

Are nurses even getting the vax at a higher rate than the general public though?  (Honest question, I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure they're at least on par).  While they don't know as much as doctors, I would think they should know more than Joe Schmo.

Nurses encompass a big spectrum of training, from 2 year trade programs like LPNs all the way to advanced degrees like nurse practitioner and pHDs. The former have little education beyond high school science, while the latter can be every bit as clinically competent as physicians. But they’re all considered nurses.

So I wouldn’t necessarily assume they all understand much about a risk:benefit analysis of getting vaccinated. Look at the group with the most relevant training and scientific/clinical expertise instead.

On a related note, there are quite a few healthcare workers who smoke too. Wanna guess which groups smoke the most?

LPNs and respiratory therapists. ☹️

48 minutes ago, penultimatestraw said:

LPNs and respiratory therapists. ☹️

LMAO...my old neighbor smokes like a chimney, weighs 3 bills after gastric bypass, and is an RT.