Sign in to follow this  
joneo

What do vaccinated people think?

1.  Do vaccinated people believe they can't spread the virus? Do they believe unvaccinated people are the only ones that can spread it? 

2.  I've heard people saying you need to get vaccinated to protect the unvaccinated children....you know..the age group least affected by the virus. 

3.  Do vaccinated people think that an unregulated vaccine is protecting them better than someone who contracted the virus and built natural immunities? 

:dunno:

Personally, I think people who haven't been vaccinated because they think that the government's putting a tracking chip in them are f****** stupid.

2 minutes ago, joneo said:

1.  Do vaccinated people believe they can't spread the virus? Do they believe unvaccinated people are the only ones that can spread it? 

2.  I've heard people saying you need to get vaccinated to protect the unvaccinated children....you know..the age group least affected by the virus. 

3.  Do vaccinated people think that an unregulated vaccine is protecting them better than someone who contracted the virus and built natural immunities? 

I'm vaccinated. 

1. In some cases yes vaxxed people can spread the virus. No, I don't believe unvaxxed people are the only ones spreading it. Especially the Delta which I think everyone is spreading.

2. I've heard that too, but do not agree. The children will be fine. See my latest post in the covid thread where my neighbor's kid may have brought Covid to my house. I don't care.

3. No I do not believe that.

That being said I'm not a St. Fauci disciple.

• Like 1

What Covid vaccine being administered in the US is non-regulated? 

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I'm vaccinated. 

1. In some cases yes vaxxed people can spread the virus. No, I don't believe unvaxxed people are the only ones spreading it. Especially the Delta which I think everyone is spreading.

2. I've heard that too, but do not agree. The children will be fine. See my latest post in the covid thread where my neighbor's kid may have brought Covid to my house. I don't care.

Thanks for a real response. Follow up question: do you think the majority of those vaccinated believe what I typed?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

What Covid vaccine being administered in the US is non-regulated? 

Those not FDA approved. 

11 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Personally, I think people who haven't been vaccinated because they think that the government's putting a tracking chip in them are f****** stupid.

Wow I finally agree with Wiff. At work last week I heard 2 people arguing and one of them said if you are vaccinated then the government is already tracking you. 

It doesn’t matter but for information she is a negro. And dumb as sh1t. 

7 minutes ago, joneo said:

Thanks for a real response. Follow up question: do you think the majority of those vaccinated believe what I typed?

Probably.

There's a distinct difference between regulated and approved. 

The US vaccines are not fully approved - true. They have been, however, granted Emergency-Use Authorization by the FDA. As such they still follow a rigorous process that the FDA requires to ensure safety and effectiveness.

Am I vaccinated? Yes... Do I think they are 100% protective against the virus? No........ But there's a reason the majority of those pushing the surge are from non-vaccinated people. 

• Thanks 1

All the studies show that vaccinated people can spread the virus, but at a slightly reduced rate.

4 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Wow I finally agree with Wiff. At work last week I heard 2 people arguing and one of them said if you are vaccinated then the government is already tracking you. 

I got into this debate with a fiend the other day, at hh. 

They were adamant vaccines were just another Big Brother tracking scheme...................as they used their cell phone, and paid with a debit card. :doh:

8 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I got into this debate with a fiend the other day, at hh. 

They were adamant vaccines were just another Big Brother tracking scheme...................as they used their cell phone, and paid with a debit card. :doh:

Ha. Good stuff. 

12 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

But there's a reason the majority of those pushing the surge are from non-vaccinated people. 

On what basis do you attribute non-vaccinated people causing the surge?

2 minutes ago, joneo said:

On what basis do you attribute non-vaccinated people causing the surge?

I didn't say they were causing the surge, I said they were pushing the surge..........by that I mean the surge #'s. 

The majority of those contracting the virus and having to be hospitalized are non-vaccinated people. 

13 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

All the studies show that vaccinated people can spread the virus, but at a slightly reduced rate.

Please show me a study. Seriously, I can't find one. 

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I didn't say they were causing the surge, I said they were pushing the surge..........by that I mean the surge #'s. 

The majority of those contracting the virus and having to be hospitalized are non-vaccinated people. 

Don't confuse the question: I never said those contracting the virus. I said "who is spreading the virus"

6 minutes ago, joneo said:

Don't confuse the question: I never said those contracting the virus. I said "who is spreading the virus"

:huh:

41 minutes ago, joneo said:

1.  No.  You can still spread it if you get it, but you are less likely to get it in the first place, and you are not contagious for as long.

2.  Is there a question here?  I do agree that people are exaggerating the risk to children.  But it does appear that Delta may be more dangerous to children than prior strains.  And yes I know RSV is also spreading...I guess that’s proof that lockdowns helped suppress covid and other respiratory illnesses.

3.  As pointed out earlier, it’s not “unregulated,” but no.  If you already have natural immunity, seems like that is better than immunity from the vaccine.   But the vaccine is better if you don’t have natural immunity yet.

I mean it looks like you’re implying vaccinated people are spreading it more than the unvaccinated.  Even if that were true which is highly unlikely, wouldn’t that be a good thing in terms of your question #3?   One thing that is clear on the vaccines is that they significantly reduce the chance of serious disease and death.  So if the vaccinated are somehow spreading it more, they are also building natural immunity but with a lower risk of dying or needing to utilize hospital resources.

41 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I'm vaccinated. 

Pretty much this.

I'm seeing it all across the bored with my coworkers 
Non vaxxed- exposed to positive people, but tested negative.
Vaxxed- exposed to positive people, but tested negative.
Vaxxed- exposed to positive people, then tested positive.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

1.  No.  You can still spread it if you get it, but you are less likely to get it in the first place, and you are not contagious for as long.

2.  Is there a question here?  I do agree that people are exaggerating the risk to children.  But it does appear that Delta may be more dangerous to children than prior strains.  And yes I know RSV is also spreading...I guess that’s proof that lockdowns helped suppress covid and other respiratory illnesses.

3.  As pointed out earlier, it’s not “unregulated,” but no.  If you already have natural immunity, seems like that is better than immunity from the vaccine.   But the vaccine is better if you don’t have natural immunity yet.

I mean it looks like you’re implying vaccinated people are spreading it more than the unvaccinated.  Even if that were true which is highly unlikely, wouldn’t that be a good thing in terms of your question #3?   One thing that is clear on the vaccines is that they significantly reduce the chance of serious disease and death.  So if the vaccinated are somehow spreading it more, they are also building natural immunity but with a lower risk of dying or needing to utilize hospital resources.

Thanks for the response. To clarify: I did not mean to imply vaccinated people were spreading at a higher rate...just simply at the same rate. 

I just feel the public shaming and the media are waaaaaaayyyyyy out of line. It's hateful and misleading to insinuate unvaccinated people as the only ones spreading the virus. I've had Covid. I've likely built better immunity than those getting the vaccine.....but again, the media doesn't mention this and the shaming and bullying continues. So in the future, there might be mandates to show an immunization card to go to events. (actually already happening) or get on an airplane. Total BS

4 minutes ago, joneo said:

I just feel the public shaming and the media are waaaaaaayyyyyy out of line. It's hateful and misleading to insinuate unvaccinated people as the only ones spreading the virus. I've had Covid. I've likely built better immunity than those getting the vaccine.....but again, the media doesn't mention this and the shaming and bullying continues. So in the future, there might be mandates to show an immunization card to go to events. (actually already happening) or get on an airplane. Total BS

I don’t think they’re really saying the unvaccinated are the only ones spreading it.  If anything the Provincetown study and ensuing articles exaggerated the extent of spread amongst the vaccinated, both due to the unique nature of the events in question, and the fact that most of the people in attendance were probably vaccinated, so the numbers weren’t really surprising.

Most of the “pandemic of the unvaccinated” comments I’ve seen are referring to the fact that the unvaccinated are the majority of the ones dying or being hospitalized.  Of course in response to that antivaxxers are forced to cite examples of other countries which have a higher % vaccinated than us, which goes back to my point about the Provincetown study.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Most of the “pandemic of the unvaccinated” comments I’ve seen are referring to the fact that the unvaccinated are the majority of the ones dying or being hospitalized. 

I'm personally being scolded and shunned by the righteous vaccinated. They think I'm more of a risk than they are of carrying it and spreading it. I concede unvaccinated people are more of a risk of catching it.....it's the spreading of it  BS propaganda.

3 minutes ago, joneo said:

I'm personally being scolded and shunned by the righteous vaccinated. They think I'm more of a risk than they are of carrying it and spreading it. I concede unvaccinated people are more of a risk of catching it.....it's the spreading of it  BS propaganda.

If you already had covid, you’re not more at risk of spreading it (probably even less so compared to a vaccinated but not previously infected person).  I do agree with those that say that we haven’t done enough to figure out who was previously infected and that they shouldn’t have been getting vaccines early on when we had limited supply.

But if you are unvaccinated and not previously infected, then you ARE more at risk of spreading it.  But really only because you’re more likely to catch it in the first place (which you seem to admit).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am on my phone, and copy/pasting from the study is difficult. But the attached study shows vaccinated people are less likely to spread the virus even when they get sick.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.12.21260377v1

Thank you for replying with these studies/articles.  

Wife is vaccinated (work requirement), but I'm not. Probably had Covid months ago when I couldn't shake a cough for 3 weeks. And shortly after my kid tested positive despite no symptoms.

50, skinny, don't smoke, jog daily, zero health complications...  What are my real odds of dying?  Well, according to my elderly parents "Don't you read the news? Thousands of healthy people are dying! You're stupid for not getting vaccinated!" - same conversation every time. Getting sick of it.

Tired of being shamed into taking an injection I don't need or want.  I do wear a mask in public... not for my health, but seems like the right thing to do.

1 hour ago, Mike Isles said:

Why doesn’t it matter ? 

1 hour ago, joneo said:

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/22/how-immunity-generated-from-covid-19-vaccines-differs-from-an-infection/

You might want to rethink that stance.

3 hours ago, joneo said:

!. I hear that vaccinated people can have the virus alive and active in their throats and nasal passages. I believe vaccinated people can spread the virus, and should return to wearing mask indoors.

.2,  I got vaccinated to protect myself and everybody else. The delta variant is hitting whoever is not vaccinated and some of those people are kids. 

3.Yes, getting vaccinated is a lot smarter than getting COVID and developing an immunity, if you survive. Some people have bad effects from COVID that persist long after they get over the virus itself. 

3 hours ago, joneo said:

1. No

2. This isn’t a question 

3. No, but I do think it will lower my chance of getting Covid and limit the symptoms if I did get it.

What do most vaccinated people think?  "I've shown my virtue by taking an experimental shot, now you must too"

I took the vax only to get my life back. Which has been a failure.

I don't believe it protects me hardly at all. And frankly, I don't give a sh!t about covid much at all at this point. 

• Like 1

I think it’s none of anyone’s business if you got it or not. Afraid? Stay home. Easy enough. 

4 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Wife is vaccinated (work requirement), but I'm not. Probably had Covid months ago when I couldn't shake a cough for 3 weeks. And shortly after my kid tested positive despite no symptoms.

50, skinny, don't smoke, jog daily, zero health complications...  What are my real odds of dying?  Well, according to my elderly parents "Don't you read the news? Thousands of healthy people are dying! You're stupid for not getting vaccinated!" - same conversation every time. Getting sick of it.

Tired of being shamed into taking an injection I don't need or want.  I do wear a mask in public... not for my health, but seems like the right thing to do.

Fella I know just like you describe was released from the ICU on Monday, after being on a ventilator and there being talk of him dying.

Obviously that’s anecdotal but there’s risk. Probably very small though, granted.

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

It’s about time you finally admit it you don’t think for yourself ever

Beep boop beep 00110110 nanobots activated beep beep

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

Well that's just redundant