Sign in to follow this  
TBayXXXVII

Team continuity in the NFL...

We're going to find out this year what the threshold may be.  A lot was made of the Bucs returning all 22 starters from last year, but that's not really the end of it.  Of the 53 Bucs who made the final roster, 44 were on the roster last year... that's 83%.  Of the remaining 9, 6 are draft picks.

Belicheat used to add 10-15 new players per year. No ones job was safe. (well almost no ones) That is as much a reason for his prolonged success as anything.  TB is thinking short term here, and I don't blame them.  After Brady leaves they will be back to business as usual.

31 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Belicheat used to add 10-15 new players per year. No ones job was safe. (well almost no ones) That is as much a reason for his prolonged success as anything.  TB is thinking short term here, and I don't blame them.  After Brady leaves they will be back to business as usual.

Agreed.

They have to feel pretty unbeatable after running off a string of wins to end the regular season and then beating brees, rodgers and mahomes in the playoffs to win it all.  When was the last time they lost?

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Belichick is 69. The all time record for a coach in the NFL is 73.  I assume he wants to break that record too.  So at least 6 more years.  

34 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

They have to feel pretty unbeatable after running off a string of wins to end the regular season and then beating brees, rodgers and mahomes in the playoffs to win it all.  When was the last time they lost?

They were fairly beatable vs GB as Brady is just lobbing the ball into the sky to be picked off.  

GB gave thrm that game on a platter. 

That said, yes the Bucs have the best roster in football.

57 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Oddly, their last loss was to Kansas City in Week 12, the week before their bye week.

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Undefeated!