Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Cowboys at Buccaneers: TNF Discussion

20 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

certainly possible.

it is also possible its the first game of the season and they just missed the call just like the holding penalty that was missed.

exhibition is also to help the refs get back to calling the game as they should too.  Not just the players.

I think this is more likely.  Tampa had more penalties called against them for about twice as many yards, so it's not like the refs were helping Tampa.

35 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Zeke will be fine. He's still the clear #1 on a great passing offense. It's just the pre-season hype on him being a top 2 RB (some poster here kept proclaiming it, can't for the life of me remember who that was), will prove to be folly..

I don't know.  most on this board were saying hes a #1 RB.   not many were saying hes top 2.   I think there was one joker who did but most didn't.

I got some OBJ vibes coming off CeeDee.  Lackluster effort on balls that weren't perfect, poor body language after penalties, not finishing plays.

As a CeeDee investor, I'm a little worried.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So both were missed... both lead to field goals.  It's a push.

most times the bad calls even themselves out over the course of a season.   usually over the course of a game too.

these guys are human.  its part of the game.

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I don't know.  most on this board were saying hes a #1 RB.   not many were saying hes top 2.   I think there was one joker who did but most didn't.

Yeah there was just one I can remember, the name escapes me, but he’s kind of a buffoon, pretends to be really knowledgeable, but gets most things wrong. I want to say Sword Gnome,but that’s not quite right…

• Haha 1

Just now, nobody said:

I got some OBJ vibes coming off CeeDee.  Lackluster effort on balls that weren't perfect, poor body language after penalties, not finishing plays.

As a CeeDee investor, I'm a little worried.

there will be lots of buyers if you want to sell.   if you're worried, try to make a trade where you get fair market value for him.

I know he looked bad early in the game and needed an attitude adjustment at that time but he came around and on that final drive he was great.

you take the good with the bad or you trade him away so hes someone elses problem

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So both were missed... both lead to field goals.  It's a push.

Still doesn't answer the initial question, though.

1 hour ago, bobby heenan said:

i think cooper will do just fine....maybe even great...doesnt mean lamb wont thrive or do big things....just doesnt look good out the gate....also late in the game they went to cooper 3 times in a row and it failed to result in a completion.....cooper is def the lead guy here though....hes more polished....im not writing lamb off....he saw a ton of targets....if dallas had won all would be forgotten which they almost did....but when you lose a tough one like that what ceedee did really hurts...he also had a nice play called back late because of tyron smith hold.....i just hope they dont lose confidence in lamb....but it will be hard to because they will def need him

Its impossible for him not to matter. Dak will throw a lot this year. Someone will need to catch passed beside Cooper. I do not think Lamb becomes the #1 though. Hes just not as good as Cooper. I think the flaws he showed are more telling of his true ability than people who think he is a true #1 stud. He's a solid receiver. I just don't see amazing

Lamb also went 2 rounds before Cooper in the league I grabbed Coop. 

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Yeah there was just one I can remember, the name escapes me, but he’s kind of a buffoon, pretends to be really knowledgeable, but gets most things wrong. I want to say Sword Gnome,but that’s not quite right…

still early to say on this one.

if the cowboys can play like this against Tampa they may actually have a solid team.

if they finish (lets say 10-7) I could see Zeke being top 5 if things go right for the team.      

if you predict top 2 and end up with Top 5 are you really that far off the mark?

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Oh crap, when you brought this up on the previous page, I thought you were talking about Axe Elf!  I even went so far as to make a post correcting what I thought was your misapperception of Axe Elf's position!

And here you were talking about some buffoon all along.  My bad.  Please disregard the correction on the previous page.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Still doesn't answer the initial question, though.

The question being, how was that not called a push off?  My guess is that the answer is the same to the question that you apparently choose to not ask.  How was that not holding?

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

How was that not holding?

I don't see how it could be holding.  Godwin was running with the defender, then stopped and pushed off the defender so that he kept going.  Nobody held anybody.

Elliott will be fine.  Dallas just decided to give up running the ball a little early... like, on Monday.  That won't be the case during the season.  What happened to Elliott last night is what's likely to happen 16 more times this year when teams play Tampa.

Teams will abandon the run early because they're going to have too.  Other teams don't have an offense like Dallas, so they're going to be down a lot, early.  They won't be able to run the ball. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

I don't see how it could be holding.  Godwin was running with the defender, then stopped and pushed off the defender so that he kept going.  Nobody held anybody.

No, on the play I put in the link.  Where the Dallas offensive lineman held Vita Vea and prevented a sack.  That no call allowed the Cowboys to kick the go ahead FG.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No, on the play I put in the link.  Where the Dallas offensive lineman held Vita Vea and prevented a sack.  That no call allowed the Cowboys to kick the go ahead FG.

Oh, I wasn't talking about that.  I was talking about the play where Godwin pushed off and it wasn't called--that's why I said, "How was that not a pushoff by Godwin?"

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Oh, I wasn't talking about that.  I was talking about the play where Godwin pushed off and it wasn't called--that's why I said, "How was that not a pushoff by Godwin?"

I know you weren't talking about that.  That's why I answered the way I did.

"My guess is that the answer is the same to the question that you apparently choose to not ask.  How was that not holding?"

In both cases, either the refs missed it or chose not call them.  Either of them.

58 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Elliott will be fine.  Dallas just decided to give up running the ball a little early... like, on Monday.  That won't be the case during the season.  What happened to Elliott last night is what's likely to happen 16 more times this year when teams play Tampa.

Teams will abandon the run early because they're going to have too.  Other teams don't have an offense like Dallas, so they're going to be down a lot, early.  They won't be able to run the ball. 

agreed.

47 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I know you weren't talking about that.  That's why I answered the way I did.

It seems odd to answer one topic with another; I thought you were addressing the topic I was talking about when you responded directly to me.