Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Michael Gallup injured... Curtis Samuel to IR, other news

Cowboys WR Michael Gallup has a calf injury and is out 3 to 5 weeks, he's possibly an IR to return later pick.

So, arguably the best WR trio in the NFL, will be down to two for a while.

Also, more bad news for the Cowboys OL, RT Lael Collins suspended 5 games for violating the substance abuse policy...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32183970/source-dallas-cowboys-rt-lael-collins-suspended-5-games

WFT's Curtis Samuel is placed on IR due to hamstring injury.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32184108/washington-football-team-curtis-samuel-placed-ir-groin-injury

Jets Jamison Crowder to miss opener due to Covid

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32182948/new-york-jets-receiver-jamison-crowder-recovering-covid-vs-carolina-panthers

Jeez, CeeDee Lamb was already on pace for 255 targets this year; now he gets half of Gallup's too?

Records will be set...

And for the Cowboys best wr also, Cooper, he’s on pace for 208 rec , I know in my leagues rec pay more then targets.  

43 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Jeez, CeeDee Lamb was already on pace for 255 targets this year; now he gets half of Gallup's too?

Records will be set...

By their 2nd best receiver? Lamb obviously isn't as reliable as Cooper

Will have to see how the jets look on Sunday but I’m liking my Elijah Moore bench stash Moore and Moore lately.

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

By their 2nd best receiver? Lamb obviously isn't as reliable as Cooper

I don't know, they both were excellent, and Cooper had bigger numbers, but when they game was on the line at the end, they went to Lamb...

I would imagine it's gonna be more a WR1a, WR1b scenario than anything. They'll both have their moments

9 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I don't know, they both were excellent, and Cooper had bigger numbers, but when they game was on the line at the end, they went to Lamb...

I would imagine it's gonna be more a WR1a, WR1b scenario than anything. They'll both have their moments

I'm not disputing that Lamb will put up good numbers. I think its obvious that he isnt as skilled as people were hoping. He is good, but not superstar level good

24 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I'm not disputing that Lamb will put up good numbers. I think its obvious that he isnt as skilled as people were hoping. He is good, but not superstar level good

If he continues to get 15 targets per game, he's going to be superstar good, and I don't care if he only catches half of them.

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If he continues to get 15 targets per game, he's going to be superstar good, and I don't care if he only catches half of them.

You register ff points for targets in those best ball leagues ? 

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

You register ff points for targets in those best ball leagues ? 

Cooper will likely get more catches than CeeDee, but CeeDee looks more explosive so even on less catches he may end up with more points.  Either way, if Dak stays healthy I'd love to roll with either Cooper or CeeDee every week.

So far Cooper is ahead on catches and points. 

3 hours ago, schmitty34 said:

Cooper will likely get more catches than CeeDee, but CeeDee looks more explosive so even on less catches he may end up with more points.  Either way, if Dak stays healthy I'd love to roll with either Cooper or CeeDee every week.

I think CeeDee will eventually be the better player.

hes not quite there yet, but I wouldnt be surprised if he surpasses him late in the season or early next year.  

Either way it looks like both are great plays most of the year.   The Dallas Defense isnt great, so if the team is playing from behind, those guys will get an awful lot of love.

50 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I think CeeDee will eventually be the better player....    those guys will get an awful lot of love.

All I know is that Axe Elf's 2nd-most drafted player (with 42 shares in 60 leagues) got 15 targets and 23.4 PPR fantasy points against the biggest, baddest, SuperBowl dominatingest defense in the league, and my boner still hasn't gone away.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

All I know is that Axe Elf's 2nd-most drafted player (with 42 shares in 60 leagues) got 15 targets and 23.4 PPR fantasy points against the biggest, baddest, SuperBowl dominatingest defense in the league, and my boner still hasn't gone away.

You can’t see it.  

6 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Pin head the bug fker

They're on different levels here.

Cooper is averaging about 10 ypc and Lamb is averaging almost 15 ypc.

So Cooper is probably going to have a bigger season in PPR, but Lamb will probably have more big plays, especially with Gallup out.

9 hours ago, AxeElf said:

No mention of the injuries Tampa had in their already not so hot secondary?