Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Urban Meyer gets my vote for coach of the year - *UPDATE** Shahid Khan does not agree

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I doubt it.  He physically assaulted a player.  I would think that alone - aside from his other childish behavior - would terminate any monies going to him.

:lol: 

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yes you did.  We all did.

These hotshot college coaches find out it's a VERY different game when you're coaching men and not boys.  Unpaid boys who have to take your abuse because you hold their scholarship keys.

TBH, If I was Lambo I would have beat the living sh#t out of Meyer right there on the spot.  It's a different story when you act that way in front of men, because they won't take your sh#t.

Those guys wouldn't be considered "men" if they didn't have the money. Many of them are still children. So it's money why they don't put up with it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I doubt it.  He physically assaulted a player.  I would think that alone - aside from his other childish behavior - would terminate any monies going to him.

Lambo accused him but I don't think there is proof. He can be fired for it, but I'm not sure it would pass legal muster to terminate his monies.

Dude's position in life is locked in. He did his thing at Ohio State and hats off and grudging respect to him for success. 

On 12/16/2021 at 9:48 AM, MDC said:

I give Khan credit. A lot of owners would keep Meyer on just because of the $ and to save face.

You need to pump the brakes...

Jacksonville Jaguars say former coach Urban Meyer fired for cause, don't intend to pay rest of contract

The Jacksonville Jaguars fired former coach Urban Meyer for cause, sources told ESPN on Saturday, with the intention of not paying him the remaining four years of his contract.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Jacksonville Jaguars say former coach Urban Meyer fired for cause, don't intend to pay rest of contract

The Jacksonville Jaguars fired former coach Urban Meyer for cause, sources told ESPN on Saturday, with the intention of not paying him the remaining four years of his contract.

Good news!  They shouldn't pay him a penny after this year.  Guy is a grade A at best.

13 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Unless there’s some new revelation they’ll settle amd end up paying him millions at best.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Unless there’s some new revelation they’ll settle amd end up paying him millions at best.

Maybe, but I doubt he gets anything close to his full contract.  Maybe this years salary and next - AT MOST - if they settle.

If they go to court I see the Jags winning this case.